Moving to Division II

boxer822

Word on the street has Lipscomb and MTCS both going D-II.  However, Lipscomb is, if anything, unpredictable.  So, I'd wait to see it etched in stone before I took it to heart.

Lipscomb didn't build their $10,000,000 facility for no reason.

nore did that board member they got sittin at the TSSAA round table; do all that smoozin and lobbyin to get that cuttoff number conveniently right where he wanted it

Booger just sayin  :rolleyes:

nore did that board member they got sittin at the TSSAA round table; do all that smoozin and lobbyin to get that cuttoff number conveniently right where he wanted it

Booger just sayin  :rolleyes:

Throwing truths. The problem is you guys wanted him there in the first place. He only had one agenda. Now BA is mad  and can screw up his entire plan if they want to. :huh:

Throwing truths. The problem is you guys wanted him there in the first place. He only had one agenda. Now BA is mad  and can screw up his entire plan if they want to. :huh:

who is you guys?.........it would have been Matt Pobieglo in that chair if it was left up to Booger......there is no perfect cuttoff number for those is scared of competition....its only perfect if u r king kong and at the top of the food chain in your classification.....Booger dont look at BA as screwing it up......they have the right to play where they are, and Booger ant cheap shottin BA if they dont play above their classification.....we're used to playin the smeltin potters from Alcoee....i

..so dont point that grey matter massager at Booger

Booger just sayin nose-pick.gif

predictions on a re-vote if BA and Ensworth elect to stay where they are placed.........

LOL!  That won't work either though, since Lipscomb's enrollment exceeds that of both BA and Ensworth.  Even though it appears that Lipscomb would love to avoid those two, trust me - they want no part of MUS, Baylor, McCallie, CBHS, etc.  I think they belong with the D2 big schools, but they will stay with the mid-size ones where they were so conveniently placed, regardless of what BA and Ensworth do.  At lease they won't have to travel to Chattanooga and Memphis to get their lunch handed to them. 

LOL!  That won't work either though, since Lipscomb's enrollment exceeds that of both BA and Ensworth.  Even though it appears that Lipscomb would love to avoid those two, trust me - they want no part of MUS, Baylor, McCallie, CBHS, etc.  I think they belong with the D2 big schools, but they will stay with the mid-size ones where they were so conveniently placed, regardless of what BA and Ensworth do.  At lease they won't have to travel to Chattanooga and Memphis to get their lunch handed to them. 

Good point, RR1.  But, if BA and Ensworth stay in AA, the other schools may not be happy: FRA, Silverdale, Boyd, Northpoint, FACS, Goodpasture, USJ, Knox Grace, etc.  So, even if a re-vote doesn't happen before next year, I bet it happens within 2 years.  

By the way, does the appointment to the TSSAA board ever expire, or is DII stuck with their current representation?

I was at the FRA vs. Lipscomb game last week. There were only a handful of athletes in that game who would have touched the field if they were at MBA vs. BA. I would guess that BA regularly has more kids sign with DI colleges per year than those two schools have combined to sign in the last generation.

In D2, 500 kids at one school is not necessarily equal to 500 at another school. I really don't know what BA or Ensworth would gain from staying down other than some easy wins. It would be like UT playing Carson Newman, Maryville College, Tusculum,.... to cut down on travel.

Those big D2 schools are playing at a whole different level.

if BA and Ensworth stay put and Booger thinkin they want.......its as if they kinda lose face cause they play up to the big boys like they have...they lose the recruiting war cause theyre playin in the measly ole D2/2 class instead of the D2/3 class

only the D2's in and around the Nashville area that real unhappy if those 2 stay.....ND dont have to worry bought them til the playoffs

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Just curious but why does Lipscomb belong with the D2 big schools...enrollment?  I think a much better way to split the 3 classes is looking at amount of financial aid given.  Lipscomb will never be able to give what Ensworth and BA give.  I think Lipscomb being in a division with FRA, BGA, Goodpasture, and CPA is perfect and makes sense.  None of those schools will dominate over a long period of time and all should be competitive with each other.  Isn't that what everyone wants?

I was at the FRA vs. Lipscomb game last week. There were only a handful of athletes in that game who would have touched the field if they were at MBA vs. BA. I would guess that BA regularly has more kids sign with DI colleges per year than those two schools have combined to sign in the last generation.

In D2, 500 kids at one school is not necessarily equal to 500 at another school. I really don't know what BA or Ensworth would gain from staying down other than some easy wins. It would be like UT playing Carson Newman, Maryville College, Tusculum,.... to cut down on travel.

Those big D2 schools are playing at a whole different level.

Agree will all points....

And I'm not sure how much travel it will cut down for BA.  They already got what they wanted in all other sports.  They will no longer have to travel for basketball, baseball, etc.  There will be plenty of local teams in the top classification for all other sports.  So we're only talking about football.  It seems to me that BA will still need a handful of non-district games if they choose to play in II-AA.  Who's going to play them?  Father Ryan-no, PJPII-no, MBA-no (why would they).....just not sure why BA's coach is being such a loudmouth in the press complaining that they are being screwed....I don't get it.