Riverdale hires Will Kriesky

adalum96

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol wait until this season when Riverdale fails to make the playoffs, and MJ has a 10 win season.

Riverdale is automatically in the playoffs and Will is going to do a great job. MJ I follow your team and the Perrys are great people but don't go putting a big target on The Bears' backs. They still have a lot of obstacles to climb over

Edited by TheInsideScoop

No announcement of the hire on the Riverdale web site.

Information is crucial to promoting the program. Hope this issue can get fixed.

Side question. Has Aydelott physically left Riverdale and moved on to his new job?

Agreed. I was actually in a meeting about websites when announcement was made and then teaching and now at baseball practice. Look for website to be updated after I take mom to Kroger senior night. :) Congratulations to Coach K!

Edited by davidlimbaugh

I like coach K. It has been my opinion that he is one of our better coaches on the staff. I am a little surprised that he got the job especially with 50 applicants. I am sure the vision he gave to Mr Nolan was one he really liked. I have talked to him personally about some of the issues that I had seen. He convinced me ( I know that means little) that he will make the necessary changes to put us back on top. Before he had interviewed for the job he was recruiting the halls. I mentioned a particular kid to him and he had ALREADY talked to him. I hope he cleans house finds the right coordinators to help gets things the way they should be. We have the talent. I truly believe the support will come back and increase now. Please give him a chance come and watch practices and see if the practices are run right and let's see if our coaching staff will now do film study with the players so they will be prepared for what our opponents are going to do.

GO WARRIORS

Lol wait until this season when Riverdale fails to make the playoffs, and MJ has a 10 win season.

This post comes from a guy whose team is 15-18 in the past 3 years and who thanks the TSSAA every day for not putting his team in the region with the Mboro teams. MJ lost to a 4th place and 6th place team from 5-A last year who both return almost everybody. In addition TP had turned over almost his entire coaching staff in that 3 years. At least with Riverdale you have state championships and state finals appearances to look back at. With MJ you have nothing but 2 semi final appearances, nothing else.

There is no reason why it has to be. The school size is the same as any other county school. The available housing growth area is larger than any other schools area in the county. They are the only school in the county with two middle schools that feed to them. The facilities will be state of the art. All the tools for success are in place and they are the only school in the county with their level of success in the history of the schools. The only thing missing is vision and a man to rebuild that vision. There is one reason why with the right man rebuilding this program that it couldn't be the dominate school in the county. Look what all that did for Oakland. They were no different that Riverdale a few years ago..

So much of this is incorrect...

1. Riverdale's enrollment is quite a bit lower than Blackman, Oakland or Smyrna.

2. Riverdale isn't the only HS with 2 feeder schools.

3. Yes, Riverdale has more state championships than any other county school, but they all happened in the Rankin era. Oakland has state championships in 3 different decades with 3 different coaches. Smyrna won back to back 5A titles and has come the closest to knocking off Maryville in 6A.

So much of this is incorrect...

1. Riverdale's enrollment is quite a bit lower than Blackman, Oakland or Smyrna.

2. Riverdale isn't the only HS with 2 feeder schools.

3. Yes, Riverdale has more state championships than any other county school, but they all happened in the Rankin era. Oakland has state championships in 3 different decades with 3 different coaches. Smyrna won back to back 5A titles and has come the closest to knocking off Maryville in 6A.

http://tssaa.org/tssaa-enrollment-figures-for-2015-16-2016-17-classification/

Riverdale - 1724

Blackman - 1839

Oakland - 1933

Siegel - 1758

Smyrna - 1774

Statistically, offensive coordinators have been more successful when moving up to the head job than defensive coordinators (at least in college). Read a really interesting article about this once and there are some very notable exceptions.

Not the same for High School coaches. For example, Thomas McDaniel and Will Hester bot came up as defensive coaches as assistants, but as Head Coaches they both run their respective offenses. 

This post comes from a guy whose team is 15-18 in the past 3 years and who thanks the TSSAA every day for not putting his team in the region with the Mboro teams. MJ lost to a 4th place and 6th place team from 5-A last year who both return almost everybody. In addition TP had turned over almost his entire coaching staff in that 3 years. At least with Riverdale you have state championships and state finals appearances to look back at. With MJ you have nothing but 2 semi final appearances, nothing else.

To be fair, you're going to tell the guy he's "lucky" to not be in the "oh so tough" Boro region...but if you could, please remind me which region just brought home the 6A golden ball this year? I'll be waiting for the correct answer from you.