Riverdale hires Will Kriesky

adalum96

Does anyone else find it funny that this thread was literally started like Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. and it has grown to 7 pages in less than three days?  There are threads that are weeks old with only a couple pages worth of responses.  I know this is an interesting and hot-button topic, but it seems as though all the things you read on here boil down to one simple fact...Riverdale needs a unified front.  Not a gossiping, complaining (in certain cases), he said-she said group of what seems to only be about five or six people spreading toxic words across the internet at free will. This phenomenon sums up what people from the outside say about Riverdale when talking amongst themselves. 

Coach Kriesky is a great man, who has dedicated the past 10-12 years of his life learning how large programs function between Blackman, Mt. Juliet and Riverdale.  He has worked around some of the most high quality individuals around.  He is going to do a great job if people will just throw their support at him, and let him do him.  He is ready for this challenge (has been for a couple years now in my opinion), so let him go try and be great.  He is passionate about being at Riverdale, the kids wanted him to be their head coach, so they're going to play hard for him, the program is in the processing of completing a nice, new fieldhouse, fields are in good shape, area is going to start growing again due to reasons stated earlier in the thread, so please give Will the opportunity to do great things.  Youth and enthusiasm has been a great combination for many programs in the past, so why not allow that formula to play itself out at Riverdale as well.  

All of you guys that played in or were fans of the mid 90's-2004 teams have to understand that G Rank ain't walking back through that door.  And, with the amount of schools that are now in the county, the talent is going to continually be cyclical in terms of who is "best" over three to four year spans.  One school or another might have something a little more desireable in terms of class offerings, exposure or wins/losses year to year, but for the most part things are going to be pretty even keel amongst all schools and everyone will have talent come through their programs.  Coaches like Coach K and all the others around this area and middle tennessee in general function best when they have parental support and a booster club that is willing to raise money to purchase necessary things to be successful. Everything falls into place with each individual coach who have their own way of doing things.  Good luck to Coach Kriesky and let's see if we can keep this thing from growing another seven pages in two days, ok?

FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB FYB

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Just look at several old properties out memorial with land and old houses sitting empty that the owner say they will never sell. They get more money for not growing crops from the government than they do by growing them..

Not sure how property along Memorial would even be considered for new residential. It's as highly traveled US Highway. Maybe apartments or condos, but not any type of single family residences. 

Old money is just like the circle of life... it eventually dies and is reborn. (Maybe this is what we'll see with Riverdale Football)

Agreed. I was actually in a meeting about websites when announcement was made and then teaching and now at baseball practice. Look for website to be updated after I take mom to Kroger senior night. :) Congratulations to Coach K!

Slacker! Next I bet you will claim you have to work all weekend at the state wrestling tournament!! :)

Here's hoping that Coach K brings a lot more life and energy than the bunch of "whatever happens happens and the coach has no control" posters that have jumped on this thread. I assure you that's not the Riverdale I saw under Coach Rankin.  They made things happen.  Hoping that Coach K is the kind of personality that influences what happens.

If you build it they will come.

If I was in charge of the world I would have consulted with my SID before an announcement was made and even sought his input on the best way to handle it. The way it happened just seems a bit dysfunctional to me.  Details are important. 

Here's hoping that Coach K brings a lot more life and energy than the bunch of "whatever happens happens and the coach has no control" posters that have jumped on this thread. I assure you that's not the Riverdale I saw under Coach Rankin.  They made things happen.  Hoping that Coach K is the kind of personality that influences what happens.

If I was in charge of the world I would have consulted with my SID before an announcement was made and even sought his input on the best way to handle it. The way it happened just seems a bit dysfunctional to me.  Details are important. 

I like this post TDCman! GO WARRIORS!!! GO COACH K!!! 

As noted there are exceptions. One of the interesting assertions in the research I read was that defensive guys can't seem to help meddling in the offense when they move up but that offensive guys have little interest in getting involved with defense.  They just hire someone to handle that.  I love Mcdaniel but thought his offenses were pretty bad...really his teams' only weakness.  Don't know about Hester.

McDaniel's offenses the last three years have been really good. Just boring to watch, which he is fine with.

Edited by TrojanTrain

Rankin left for a reason, While he was there Riverdale got every athlete in the county but now the talent is everywhere. Coach K will do great, you old timers go vote for Bernie Sanders and suck on a lemon.

Shows what you know.  Rankin left because he thought he had a job at a big school in Georgia sewed up.  A Oakland booster that disliked Rankin more than I did killed that job when a relative of his on the hiring committee called him and asked him about Rankin.  He then applied for the BA job.  We all know what killed that.  LOL

Simple fact Alcoa offered him a spot where he could coach but NOT have to teach a class.  Don't believe me, ask the Alcoa folks what actual job he has and if he has to teach anything.

As to Bernie, I may be crazy, but NOT STUPID!

For Coach K, I got asked by 3 separate parents today what I thought.  I simply said give the new HC 3 years and see.  The most they would go for is 2.  Coach, its your team.  Make us proud!

Its that complex that shows 'I could care less what anyone else thinks because I do the HIRING', and am either about to retire or get ready to head to the new Rockvale HS when it gets built.

Now SID PLEASE see if you can get the Chief statue painted.

Very young, with no HC experience. But maybe thats what Riverdale needs. A fresh face and fresh start from a guy who is passionate and hard working. I understand why people would prefer a proven winner, but Ayedelott was a proven winner and was not very popular. If he has great relationships with the kids, and is organized, he is at a place where he can be succesful. I agree its not a hire anyone expected, but I wouldnt make any indictments until I saw the product he puts on the field. Just my two cents.