Antioch searching again

asiatic2412

Only certified teachers can be a head coach and that is the way it should be.

There is a TSSAA rule that states as long as you have at least 5 years experience as an assistant then you can become a HC if you aren't certified. How are so many of the Titans guys becoming HC? I'm sure they aren't certified either lol.

Harris is a really good coach from PC. From what I heard He is certified and Lopez is going the Transitional route. I don't see Lopez leaving Hillsboro as long as Clayton is there either like Work mentioned. He has been the DC at Hillsboro the past 4 years & played for Clayton in HS and collegiately at Memphis.

Brunette will be at PC awhile so I can see Harris leaving for the right opportunity. He is a bright young mind. Kids love him at PC from what I have been told. Plus he played HS ball at PC so I would think it would have to be the right situation for him to leave as well.

Antioch I believe needs either a young, hungry HC or a guy like Woodward. Woodward has proven he can win there and probably realized pretty quickly the grass wasnt greener on the other side from his Brentwood days where he was set up to fail by Pemberton.. I also believe a guy like Brian Waite from East Nashville would be a great option for Antioch if he wants the job. He would be my first call, then Woodward.. Both of these coaches are proven winners as HC so they would be my two favorites

Edited by HighLife

FB there are always ways to get around rules. Seen it happen too many times such as Ravenwood recently.

Highlife the guys you mentioned are all good coaches. I know all but Harris personally. Woodward has won at Antioch before and could do it again. The kids believe in him and he believes in the kids. Lopez will get his chance once Clayton calls it a day. Waite is a good young coach too. He has done some great things at EN. Time will tell as it always does.

Good to see the fork has awakened. Been too long brother. The path is always near and the door is always open .

Leave our OC and Asst track coach out this lol...We trying to win another gold ball in track and trying to make it back to state. On a serious note I understand what he's saying. It's time for some New HC faces. Metro only has 4 or 5 relevant public HS football programs which you could trim that list to 3 over the past few years.

Yep, and the old babe is ready for him to come back...her last two dates have been awful!

Also, listen to the fork...he has spoken :popcorneater:

Yeah and you are a BOHICA candidate...........I remember when he got the job the first time; the Williamson Co. wonder was going to dominate Metro football with his brilliance. Metro 6A football is the monster that eats any and all coaches. It is hard to compete in Metro 6A; the surrounding counties have better everything. Woodard is a good solid coach, but he left for his "dream" job that turned into a nightmare..............HE LEFT!!

I simply take issue with the "deserves" comment. All he he deserves is an interview........perhaps!

Yeah and you are a BOHICA candidate...........I remember when he got the job the first time; the Williamson Co. wonder was going to dominate Metro football with his brilliance. Metro 6A football is the monster that eats any and all coaches. It is hard to compete in Metro 6A; the surrounding counties have better everything. Woodard is a good solid coach, but he left for his "dream" job that turned into a nightmare..............HE LEFT!!

I simply take issue with the "deserves" comment. All he he deserves is an interview........perhaps!

You seem to have some knowledge about Metro, who do you think would be a good fit ? Young coach or an older guy with some years. More than X's and O's make a good leader. Lot of X box coaches today. I have seen only 2 coaches mentioned with experience enough to be coach at Antioch. I see a lot of young coaches with a sense of entitlement and thinking they are ready.

Edited by fb247

Wow, I might need to get my Urban Dictionary out. Get a good solid HC in the building with a solid staff in the building and Antioch should do just fine. Heck you're in the playoffs each year. :popcorneater:

Job of dreams, it was not. Option, at the time, better it was. Path to the dark side, Antioch was on. Enlightened, Antioch, become it has.

May the fork be with you. :thumb: