Memphis Mitchell vs Hampton

uknoit2

Can't wait,we're gonna be behind most everyone but should be fine in a couple of weeks. I'm curious to see how many of the Basketball kids come out.

Me too Pujo. It is what it is though. Baseball has always struggled to get the same athletes that the football and basketball teams get though. I wish there was someway to change the culture but you know how difficult that is. I pull for football and basketball 110% as I also pull for all sports at Hampton. 

Even if we only get a couple of the basketball players, Hampton should be able to put a competitive product on the field and the ones that come wanting to play will be a joy to watch. There are some great kids on the baseball team too. Now, if the baseball team was to get most of the basketball teams players then Hampton baseball could turn some heads also. Hampton still might anyway....I'd say it will depend a lot on how the pitching develops this year. Looking forward to watching LJ play his senior year of baseball  :thumb:

Edited by dogtruth

Me too Pujo. It is what it is though. Baseball has always struggled to get the same athletes that the football and basketball teams get though. I wish there was someway to change the culture but you know how difficult that is. I pull for football and basketball 110% as I also pull for all sports at Hampton. 

Even if we only get a couple of the basketball players, Hampton should be able to put a competitive product on the field and the ones that come wanting to play will be a joy to watch. There are some great kids on the baseball team too. Now, if the baseball team was to get most of the basketball teams players then Hampton baseball could turn some heads also. Hampton still might anyway....I'd say it will depend a lot on how the pitching develops this year. Looking forward to watching LJ play his senior year of baseball  :thumb:

Been a great ride from the days of Tball and Flag Football  all the way through High school. We've been blessed with a lot of fun and exciting times. Not everyone has healthy kids with the ability to do all these things and I don't take it for Granted. That last game will be tough to watch  but they all leave the nest at some point. Hope we have a Great year but its really not so much about winning or losing as it is doing the things you need to do,  to be a winner,The game of life is the real test and hopefully we win that one.

Been a great ride from the days of Tball and Flag Football  all the way through High school. We've been blessed with a lot of fun and exciting times. Not everyone has healthy kids with the ability to do all these things and I don't take it for Granted. That last game will be tough to watch  but they all leave the nest at some point. Hope we have a Great year but its really not so much about winning or losing as it is doing the things you need to do,  to be a winner,The game of life is the real test and hopefully we win that one.

Well said Pujo.

Half time 20-16 MM over BTW...not exciting, just many missed shots.

Know one thing missing in this game vs yesterday's game? FOULS! Funny huh?

Reckon there's less reaches, pushes and grabbing today? I think not

So.... You're saying it is a conspiracy against Hampton to not let them win??.... You're saying it's Hampton versus errrrbody, huh?

No, there seemed to be a big slant towards the Memphis teams, in all classes. I talked with other fans of teams down there, and they said the same thing. No sour grapes here, but they got their all-Memphis final.

Well, in the past, the complaint has been that Memphis doesn't bring fans...

Maybe you should just face the fact the Memphis is arguably one of the top basketball cities in the country and is a hot spot for producing some of the top athletes for basketball in the world. Go down there and see it for yourself... You will be impressed!