Memphis Mitchell vs Hampton

uknoit2

Well, in the past, the complaint has been that Memphis doesn't bring fans...

Maybe you should just face the fact the Memphis is arguably one of the top basketball cities in the country and is a hot spot for producing some of the top athletes for basketball in the world. Go down there and see it for yourself... You will be impressed!

Well then maybe we should do like VA and split the state and let Memphis ,since their so much better and superior, have their own tournament.

Another thing is class! I watched a lot of games down there this week and those boys from Mitchell acted like a bunch of classless ball players! As a coach I would much rather have a team full of respectful players with heart than athletic classless players.

how good is Hampton in Baseball?

Historically, not very good. They have a good middle school program now for the past few years (for a small school) and currently have the talent to be a good head coach away from being a perennial contender for sub state in our admittedly overall weak region.

I agree 100%. Let the kids decide it on the floor. Refs play too much in the HS game. We have one in our region that is ALL about making a spectacle.

Didn't see the tournament selections. Which GCA player made it?

Glad you guys won a game down there and for Coby. Now, on to baseball, Coby...lol

We may well have more than one of those in our region!

These at the tournament were just crazy inconsistent....This time of year, you let em play...like they did the 1st half of MM/BTW Saturday.

As for the GCA player, I really can't remember the name...not one I was real familiar with

Well then maybe we should do like VA and split the state and let Memphis ,since their so much better and superior, have their own tournament.

Another thing is class! I watched a lot of games down there this week and those boys from Mitchell acted like a bunch of classless ball players! As a coach I would much rather have a team full of respectful players with heart than athletic classless players.

Yea, I'm not fussing about Memphis. They are always talented in every class...and if this is to be a tournament to decide the best in TN, then that's what I want to see...But I want the best players on the floor deciding it in every game...not setting on the bench for bull crap fouls

You guys are the only ones complaining about Memphis basketball being superior... I'm unbiased here and I enjoy watching Memphis basketball dominate the state. Memphis and a few others outside of Memphis (Science Hill, CPA, Jackson SS & some of the rural west teams such as Union City or Bolivar and Liberty in their days, Knox Fulton and maybe a few more that I missed) are the only teams that keep Tennessee men's basketball relevant. Maybe schools that can't compete with superior teams should go form their own small school state tournament so they can win a championship.... Edited by GCPioneer

You guys are the only ones complaining about Memphis basketball being superior... I'm unbiased here and I enjoy watching Memphis basketball dominate the state. Memphis and a few others outside of Memphis (Science Hill, CPA, Jackson SS & some of the rural west teams such as Union City or Bolivar and Liberty in their days, Knox Fulton and maybe a few more that I missed) are the only teams that keep Tennessee men's basketball relevant. Maybe schools that can't compete with superior teams should go form their own small school state tournament so they can win a championship....

Once again, although you're not replying to me, my issue is not with Mitchell basketball.

I think every one of you just needs a big ole hug and it will be better!LOL.Gee whizz come on guys.Mitchell and BTW where the best period!Everyone knew it and sometimes weird things CAN happen but most of the times it doesn't.As I said to the Nashville Christ fans after they gave us our silver ball,congrats to the winner,regardless open,private whatever they are the best at that time under the rules we have.Get over guys and let it go.ITS ALMOST SPRING FOOTBALL TIME.😀

I think every one of you just needs a big ole hug and it will be better!LOL.Gee whizz come on guys.Mitchell and BTW where the best period!Everyone knew it and sometimes weird things CAN happen but most of the times it doesn't.As I said to the Nashville Christ fans after they gave us our silver ball,congrats to the winner,regardless open,private whatever they are the best at that time under the rules we have.Get over guys and let it go.ITS ALMOST SPRING FOOTBALL TIME.

Yep, everyone knew, no doubt....Like I said, I had a blast.

You guys are the only ones complaining about Memphis basketball being superior... I'm unbiased here and I enjoy watching Memphis basketball dominate the state. Memphis and a few others outside of Memphis (Science Hill, CPA, Jackson SS & some of the rural west teams such as Union City or Bolivar and Liberty in their days, Knox Fulton and maybe a few more that I missed) are the only teams that keep Tennessee men's basketball relevant. Maybe schools that can't compete with superior teams should go form their own small school state tournament so they can win a championship....

Decades ago one of the Chattanooga teams was relevant yr in and out...I am old and just can't remember which yeam...I want to say Howard, but that may not be correct

This is an overlooked quality of Tyreke Key. He is hands down better than #2 but is a class act. One reason I wish he would have won Mr. Basketball.

Two best teams made it to the final, period. Congrats to Hampton on a great season and I look to see you guys and Clay County back next year.

Finally saw Key play. Whoever said he was a top 5 in the state is extremely delusional, nor is he better than Ollison. The only reason you guys are saying that is because hampton beat Key and lost to Ollison, its not hard to see. Ollison may be a hard nosed player but its apart of the game, not like he completely disrespected anyone. Key isn't a special player and doesn't play very good competition. He wouldn't have been a finalist if he played in memphis! please stop