Congrats to Fulton

FHSalumn12

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win by Fulton. Way to bring it back to East Tennessee.

Thanks Rebel .... the thing thats impressive is that Jody teaches more than basketball .. these kids good kids .. and if you ever see one talking smack on court ..they get to sit with Jody for awhile ... they are streaky shooters but the pressure defense is usually always there ..Thanks again

Congrats to the Fulton Falcons and Coach Jody Wright. Another gold ball returns to Knoxville. Jody has built an outstanding program!

Thanks Irish .. was impressed with the Irish b ball team -- good game with Falcons .. missed alot of layups on Sat but they were able to pull it out .. Chatt Brainard turned ball over alot and caused Falcons to turnover too .. Brainard very quick team and had some beef inside ... the 2 freshmen that start for Fulton gonna be pretty good players .. dont know what the supporting cast looks like next year .. I think they lost 3 seniors ..does KC have alot returning ?? Thye looked very good .. the Jancik kid I know is back and Kuerchen is back ..dont  know about the others. 

Thanks Irish .. was impressed with the Irish b ball team -- good game with Falcons .. missed alot of layups on Sat but they were able to pull it out .. Chatt Brainard turned ball over alot and caused Falcons to turnover too .. Brainard very quick team and had some beef inside ... the 2 freshmen that start for Fulton gonna be pretty good players .. dont know what the supporting cast looks like next year .. I think they lost 3 seniors ..does KC have alot returning ?? Thye looked very good .. the Jancik kid I know is back and Kuerchen is back ..dont  know about the others. 

Fulton played their typical game and it's hard to beat. I thought they had the game well in hand but didn't panic when it tightened back up. Very impressed with both freshmen and the veterans performed well. Going to be tough to replace that leadership!  

You're right about Jody's coaching AND his life lessons to his players. They always play so hard but more importantly with class. Their mental toughness is top notch.

Catholic returns everyone that played against Fulton. We only had one senior but he was injured late in the year and didn't see the floor much after that. I'm afraid we will lose Jancek since his dad took a job in Florida. Jancek didn't start until a post player was injured in the last regular season game. Our JV and Freshmen teams were pretty solid. I hate that we had to meet prior to the Region finals. I think we could have made a good run too. I'm sure we'll see you again next year!

Fulton played their typical game and it's hard to beat. I thought they had the game well in hand but didn't panic when it tightened back up. Very impressed with both freshmen and the veterans performed well. Going to be tough to replace that leadership!  

You're right about Jody's coaching AND his life lessons to his players. They always play so hard but more importantly with class. Their mental toughness is top notch.

Catholic returns everyone that played against Fulton. We only had one senior but he was injured late in the year and didn't see the floor much after that. I'm afraid we will lose Jancek since his dad took a job in Florida. Jancek didn't start until a post player was injured in the last regular season game. Our JV and Freshmen teams were pretty solid. I hate that we had to meet prior to the Region finals. I think we could have made a good run too. I'm sure we'll see you again next year!

you guys should be real tough then .. returning all those guys ... Good Luck

Catholic returns 5 starters (like Irishbball stated) KCHS had a sophomore inserted into the starting lineup after a senior was injured. Losing Jancek will hurt because of his size and skill level (he managed to score 22 against Fulton) but the Irish have 2 incoming freshmen that are about 6'5 and well over 250 pounds not sure how talented they are as far as basketball (don't even know if they play basketball), but they are big. Smith, Reeder, Scott and Kuerschen will be seniors next year and have played a lot of varsity basketball games the last three years.  Smith, Scott and Reeder were all district players. Sompayrac came on strong for Catholic late in the year. Rowan, Fluker and Whaley should step in and contribute as well.

Edited by QSouth89

Saw all three state tournament games . They are very impressive and are well coached . Started two talented freshman that will only be more explosive next year . The thing about that team is defense travels . I saw their first game 5 airballs from 3 down 10-0 leaned over and said how is this team 29-2 . Then about that time they came with that swarming trap . Love their toughness . The team to beat in AA again . Size doesn't mater to them .