Greenback football 2016

orngnblk

I hope we play better than we did in that 2011 playoff game. We didn't play very well during the playoffs except for the semifinal game at Gordonsville. We underachieved that season.

Bass I've been watching ball a lot of years and the first half of that game had a lot to do with GB flat hitting you all in the mouth!No offense but we were fault slobber knocking you all,the better team won in the end BUT we didn't have a very good game plan for the second half and our head coach at that time had ALOT to do with it.I look forward to the possibility of playing SP,that's the true test of an East team with Vic at the helm.I expect you all to be a heck of a team this year,and just hope we can pull it all together!Good Luck.

Bass I've been watching ball a lot of years and the first half of that game had a lot to do with GB flat hitting you all in the mouth!No offense but we were fault slobber knocking you all,the better team won in the end BUT we didn't have a very good game plan for the second half and our head coach at that time had ALOT to do with it.I look forward to the possibility of playing SP,that's the true test of an East team with Vic at the helm.I expect you all to be a heck of a team this year,and just hope we can pull it all together!Good Luck.

Hats off to Greenback for playing well and having a solid team. we just felt like after the week off we didn't play real well that night. You're right though some adjustments were made by SP that proved to be the difference in the end.

The Cherokees had a great 7 on 7 today at Lenoir City.Beat all comers,Gibbs,K Central,and Lenoir City.QBs did super in near 100 degree heat.Had 26 TDs to around 8 and they were 500 students small than all three schools.Just thought what a steamroller this crew will be with their heralded RB behind the monstrous line they have assembled.As O&B says "this bunch have the potential to be scarey good". Can't wait to see this super crew unleased.Wow!!!

Yep full pads will show us what we have.7 on 7's don't do a whole lot for 1A ball clubs,if you can't run it whenever you want to you just don't win the big ones!We have better gotten a lot tougher running between the tackles this year because they are gonna shut the outside down and make us.So I do hope these new tushhogs are as good as I have heard.Only time will tell!!

OB you are a hard but to crack.,A post or two ago GB's line was Big,Fast,and Nasty and their QBs are happy when they see that size line,"according to you.Now,you are saying our line is soft in the middle and better get a lot tougher or our opponents will shut down the outside and we'll be doomed to a season of misery.Woe is us!

Seems to me that they pushed us outside into the fast lane so successfully they ran us all the way to Cookville in the championship game.So now they will shove us inside and those "big,fast,and nasty" interior linemen that weigh 335,235,300 and 280 are going to get knocked around like bowling pins on offense.B,F,and N trench dwellers seem to me seem to be as big and fast no matter which side of the ball they're on.

I think I've figured you out.You think you're still wearing a GB uniform that never made it to Murfreesboro.And you hate any body that wasn't delivered by a midwife in good old Greenback and swore never to mention their name even if they scored 5 TDs some nights for the Cherokees.No accolades from you.And not even a number of a kid that clogged the middle all night not allowing a first down while being double and triple teamed all night.You've bragged about the past on teams that couldn't stay within four TDs of the current edition.Cry about these outsiders that helped put GB back on the 1A map and made them the terrors of Regions1,2,and probably 3.But let the 2016 boycott begin.Don't dare speak of the help young men have selflessly volunteered.They could have gone anywhere but chose the tradition that GB displayed year after year into the second and third rounds with shouts of "wait'll next year". Well OB last year was next year and excidedly this season too is another " next year" and most of us are excited but I know you're near tears,so buy Walmart's biggest beach towel to dry your eyes and swipe you leaky nose cause we've got another long trip to Cookville ahead of those again if those nameless men and our full-blooded Greenbackians don't stump a toe.You're a prize OB.Did you even make All-county?Wow!

OnB was part of Greenback football back in the mid-late 80s...careful now.

OB you are a hard but to crack.,A post or two ago GB's line was Big,Fast,and Nasty and their QBs are happy when they see that size line,"according to you.Now,you are saying our line is soft in the middle and better get a lot tougher or our opponents will shut down the outside and we'll be doomed to a season of misery.Woe is us!

Seems to me that they pushed us outside into the fast lane so successfully they ran us all the way to Cookville in the championship game.So now they will shove us inside and those "big,fast,and nasty" interior linemen that weigh 335,235,300 and 280 are going to get knocked around like bowling pins on offense.B,F,and N trench dwellers seem to me seem to be as big and fast no matter which side of the ball they're on.

I think I've figured you out.You think you're still wearing a GB uniform that never made it to Murfreesboro.And you hate any body that wasn't delivered by a midwife in good old Greenback and swore never to mention their name even if they scored 5 TDs some nights for the Cherokees.No accolades from you.And not even a number of a kid that clogged the middle all night not allowing a first down while being double and triple teamed all night.You've bragged about the past on teams that couldn't stay within four TDs of the current edition.Cry about these outsiders that helped put GB back on the 1A map and made them the terrors of Regions1,2,and probably 3.But let the 2016 boycott begin.Don't dare speak of the help young men have selflessly volunteered.They could have gone anywhere but chose the tradition that GB displayed year after year into the second and third rounds with shouts of "wait'll next year". Well OB last year was next year and excidedly this season too is another " next year" and most of us are excited but I know you're near tears,so buy Walmart's biggest beach towel to dry your eyes and swipe you leaky nose cause we've got another long trip to Cookville ahead of those again if those nameless men and our full-blooded Greenbackians don't stump a toe.You're a prize OB.Did you even make All-county?Wow!

All county three years,all district 2 years(lineman of the year in district 3a in 1989)All East Tenn football and basketball,all state was alot harder to get back then 1A was alot harder also.OnB was a STATE CHAMPION,captain of the football team and captain of the basketball team Jr and Sr year,Was the all time sack leader for 15 years was one of the ones who helped put GB football on the map,had three sons play for GB,one was one of the best basketball players in the last 20 years and one of my sons was an All State Dtackle in 2013,is the pedigree enough?.I believe I have earned the right to say what I want when it comes to GB football.Ask any opponent from last year and they will say the same when we needed three up the gut we didn't deliver!FACT!Our line was soft ask the QB when he ran for his life.I have heard we are bigger and better but until I see it with these ONB eyes then I will believe it.Yes we made it to Cookeville and I was there to pull for them but the fact is we didn't even come close to getting done!Its time!You really shouldn't comment about someone unless you actually know them.Most of the the GB fans Know me on here and in person,I don't hide.Good luck to the Cherokees I am a true fan just call it like it see it. Edited by orngnblk

I have went back a reread my previous posts.The nasty comment was about the Defensive line and it should be nasty,with Silvey the new kid and Kilpatrick a one of the ends should be outstanding.My comment about running the ball hurt your feelings a little.....Hmmm.That part I stand by if we can't run it whenever we need too it will get us in trouble a game or two.I have high hopes for this team and think it could be a special team but until I see those things I have to say it like I see it.Cookeville talk is crazy this early.Coalfield,Oneida,Harriman,South Pitt and a few others will have a say in that one.Also I have no problems with the transfers I am glad they decided to be a Cherokee and have brought alot to the team no doubt,but I don't put too much stock in them as I do the ones I have seen bleed and sweat for 10 years like the ones who have been thru the youth league and have seen it thru.But that is my Opinion.

I have went back a reread my previous posts.The nasty comment was about the Defensive line and it should be nasty,with Silvey the new kid and Kilpatrick a one of the ends should be outstanding.My comment about running the ball hurt your feelings a little.....Hmmm.That part I stand by if we can't run it whenever we need too it will get us in trouble a game or two.I have high hopes for this team and think it could be a special team but until I see those things I have to say it like I see it.Cookeville talk is crazy this early.Coalfield,Oneida,Harriman,South Pitt and a few others will have a say in that one.Also I have no problems with the transfers I am glad they decided to be a Cherokee and have brought alot to the team no doubt,but I don't put too much stock in them as I do the ones I have seen bleed and sweat for 10 years like the ones who have been thru the youth league and have seen it thru.But that is my Opinion.

ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Unlike some on here Onb is one of the few that ain't scared to let people know who he is! He knows more about this game than you do, by looking at your post. One of the few facts that you have right is that we do have a good running game, when he wants to run. I have personally seen OnB bleed for this school along with all three of his sons! Before you go calling him names and say he is a homer for Greenback kids that have been born there and don't like transfer students go back and look at his post. He calls it right down the middle doesn't cut anyone slack! He don't sugar coat it and neither do I! If this offends you then leave this site and don't come back under different names just trying to start fights or sound even dumber than you did under previous names!

All county three years,all district 2 years(lineman of the year in district 3a in 1989)All East Tenn football and basketball,all state was alot harder to get back then 1A was alot harder also.OnB was a STATE CHAMPION,captain of the football team and captain of the basketball team Jr and Sr year,Was the all time sack leader for 15 years was one of the ones who helped put GB football on the map,had three sons play for GB,one was one of the best basketball players in the last 20 years and one of my sons was an All State Dtackle in 2013,is the pedigree enough?.I believe I have earned the right to say what I want when it comes to GB football.Ask any opponent from last year and they will say the same when we needed three up the gut we didn't deliver!FACT!Our line was soft ask the QB when he ran for his life.I have heard we are bigger and better but until I see it with these ONB eyes then I will believe it.Yes we made it to Cookeville and I was there to pull for them but the fact is we didn't even come close to getting done!Its time!You really shouldn't comment about someone unless you actually know them.Most of the the GB fans Know me on here and in person,I don't hide.Good luck to the Cherokees I am a true fan just call it like it see it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

As Ike Clanton would say, "you've got a fight comin, comin' today!! lol

All county three years,all district 2 years(lineman of the year in district 3a in 1989)All East Tenn football and basketball,all state was alot harder to get back then 1A was alot harder also.OnB was a STATE CHAMPION,captain of the football team and captain of the basketball team Jr and Sr year,Was the all time sack leader for 15 years was one of the ones who helped put GB football on the map,had three sons play for GB,one was one of the best basketball players in the last 20 years and one of my sons was an All State Dtackle in 2013,is the pedigree enough?.I believe I have earned the right to say what I want when it comes to GB football.Ask any opponent from last year and they will say the same when we needed three up the gut we didn't deliver!FACT!Our line was soft ask the QB when he ran for his life.I have heard we are bigger and better but until I see it with these ONB eyes then I will believe it.Yes we made it to Cookeville and I was there to pull for them but the fact is we didn't even come close to getting done!Its time!You really shouldn't comment about someone unless you actually know them.Most of the the GB fans Know me on here and in person,I don't hide.Good luck to the Cherokees I am a true fan just call it like it see it.

Yeah, but onblk, you are not the 16 time! 16 time!! 16 time!!!! World heavyweight wrestling champion!!  Who has kissed alllllllll the  girls in the neighborhood and made 'em cry!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but onblk, you are not the 16 time! 16 time!! 16 time!!!! World heavyweight wrestling champion!! Who has kissed alllllllll the girls in the neighborhood and made 'em cry!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Pipe dreams KING!All I can do is dream.LOL.