6A Region 2

PIONEERS12

I look for Oakland to be at the top of the Region with Blackman a solid #2. OL/DL depth is a concern for the Patriots, but they are chock-full of huge playmakers returning at the skill positions. It'll be either one of these teams who make it to the semis. Riverdale could surprise people, but I don't see them breaking into the top 2. Smyrna will be good again this year too, though, and they're capable of beating anyone.

Will this region reign supreme again this year?

I was unaware that this region was reigning supreme. Who beat Maryville?

Riverdale?

Siegel?

Smyrna?

Blackman?

Oakland?

I've seen Pearl-Cohn beat Maryville in 1997.

I've seen Hillsboro beat Maryville in 2008.

I've seen White Station beat Maryville in 2009.

I've seen Whitehaven beat Maryville in 2012.

I've seen Ravenwood beat Maryville in 2015.

None of those teams are in Region 2-6A (aka "The SEC of Tennessee High School Football").

It is in all likelihood the best region from top to bottom in Division I across the state when it comes to competitiveness. None of the teams in the region have proven to be able to beat Maryville.

I was unaware that this region was reigning supreme. Who beat Maryville?

Riverdale?

Siegel?

Smyrna?

Blackman?

Oakland?

I've seen Pearl-Cohn beat Maryville in 1997.

I've seen Hillsboro beat Maryville in 2008.

I've seen White Station beat Maryville in 2009.

I've seen Whitehaven beat Maryville in 2012.

I've seen Ravenwood beat Maryville in 2015.

None of those teams are in Region 2-6A (aka "The SEC of Tennessee High School Football").

It is in all likelihood the best region from top to bottom in Division I across the state when it comes to competitiveness. None of the teams in the region have proven to be able to beat Maryville.

And if we are talking about competitiveness, look at 6A region 1. The 2-7 spots were a photo finish. Every team in the region but Maryville lost more than one region game.

And if we are talking about competitiveness, look at 6A region 1. The 2-7 spots were a photo finish. Every team in the region but Maryville lost more than one region game.

Region 1 may have had a close standings race, but the teams weren't very good.

In the first round of the playoffs, Region 1 was 2-6 against Region 2.

Siegel (the #6 seed in Region 2 and a 2-8 team) beat Region 1's #3 seed Bearden fairly handily, and Region 2's 5-1 seeds also won as well.

The same went for R3 vs R4

R3- won all but 2 games and 6th seed beat R4 3rd seed

Middle TN football is just overall better minus outliers like Maryville Alcoa and Whitehaven, (though most of East Tennessee talents are all on maryville and Alcoa given they can practically chose to go there)

All depends on the classification. 4a is dominated by Mutiple East Tn teams

Region 1 may have had a close standings race, but the teams weren't very good.

In the first round of the playoffs, Region 1 was 2-6 against Region 2.

Siegel (the #6 seed in Region 2 and a 2-8 team) beat Region 1's #3 seed Bearden fairly handily, and Region 2's 5-1 seeds also won as well.

I was not surprised at all that Siegel beat Bearden. IMO, Bearden got lucky in a few region games and that allowed them to get a higher seed in the tight district race.

I am gonna suprise everyone and say I am picking Blackman over Oakland this year,,, like I did last year(got it wrong) and the year before (got it right) ....

I have been following this group of players since my son's 7th grade year and I am impressed  more and more. My son has decided to hang up the cleats for the military, and I still think they are a special group of players. Two sophomores with offers from Vols Vandy Florida, a couple juniors with offers from Vols, MTSU, South Carolina,Georgia and Bama. a senior or two with Ohio, LSU Navy, BAMA  and Georgia ... Yes I know lots of teams have players moving on to the next level, but for Blackman, I have never seen this much talent at one time on the field. t will be interesting to see if they play well together. I do know attitudes are in check and they are all hard at work....ready for this season to start..

Is he doing an early enlistment? I wish him well.

No, he turned 17 yesterday and is a junior so he will be 18 when he starts senior year. He said he liked football but hewanted to focus on grades, and ROTC. He plans on going in right after senior year (2 years) I have tried to talk him into college first and go in as an officer... He said he wants to serve front line Maybe his Mom will have more persuasion than I did.