Murphy Fair Preview

GWAVE1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same haters and complainers always come out when Murphy's magazine is released. Nobody else will put the time and effort to send out surveys, collect them, write the stories, compile the polls, list the coaching records, academic teams, all-state teams, sell the advertisements, assemble the finished product and get it to the printer, and finally drive from one end of the state to the other hand delivering the finished product.

The book is 30 pages larger than last year, yet there are still some coaches who refuse to participate for whatever reason. The region and classification polls are determined by how coaches vote in those regions and classifications. Murphy determines the preseason all-state teams.

Monday you can pick up your copy at Sports Plus, 701 N. Atlantic St., Tullahoma.

The same haters and complainers always come out when Murphy's magazine is released. Nobody else will put the time and effort to send out surveys, collect them, write the stories, compile the polls, list the coaching records, academic teams, all-state teams, sell the advertisements, assemble the finished product and get it to the printer, and finally drive from one end of the state to the other hand delivering the finished product.

The book is 30 pages larger than last year, yet there are still some coaches who refuse to participate for whatever reason. The region and classification polls are determined by how coaches vote in those regions and classifications. Murphy determines the preseason all-state teams.

Monday you can pick up your copy at Sports Plus, 701 N. Atlantic St., Tullahoma.

I'm not a hater but I'm sure it gets frustrating on his part to put so much time into a good thing and a few dimwits won't respond to his request to fill out a simple questionnaire and send it back and it's always the same ones over and over. One of these famous coaches lost his best player from what I have been told over poor promotion of his players to the media which this fits the bill but I myself am a firm believer that if your good they will find you. Before I would put out a book that was incomplete because of these idiots I would go the extra mile and do some personal research on those teams including last years roster, newspapers and any other ways possible to at least fill some of the void going off of last year. I wouldn't let someone mess my entire magazine up over being unresponsive to my request.

I'm not a hater but I'm sure it gets frustrating on his part to put so much time into a good thing and a few dimwits won't respond to his request to fill out a simple questionnaire and send it back and it's always the same ones over and over. One of these famous coaches lost his best player from what I have been told over poor promotion of his players to the media which this fits the bill but I myself am a firm believer that if your good they will find you. Before I would put out a book that was incomplete because of these idiots I would go the extra mile and do some personal research on those teams including last years roster, newspapers and any other ways possible to at least fill some of the void going off of last year. I wouldn't let someone mess my entire magazine up over being unresponsive to my request.

I do not necessarily agree with that. I think putting the names of those schools who do not respond is good enough. If you took the time to evaluate the entire team off of last years roster and any stat you could find it might discourage anyone filling it out seeing how you would take the time to do it. I agree it is a slight injustice to your team and kids but so be it.

I do not necessarily agree with that. I think putting the names of those schools who do not respond is good enough. If you took the time to evaluate the entire team off of last years roster and any stat you could find it might discourage anyone filling it out seeing how you would take the time to do it. I agree it is a slight injustice to your team and kids but so be it.

I haven't seen this years book yet so I don't know who and who didn't send in their information but those coaches screw up a good thing by not doing so. Heck I would get upset with GQ sometimes about not having a website for the football team. We have a team known nation wide and no website. Well they have a school site now that includes athletics but nothing to write home about. I would have all the replays of my games but maybe a week or two delayed so cheapskates wouldn't stay home to save a dollar and that would be a tool I would use to my full advantage as a recruiting weapon and a half.

What did that Murphy man say about WB? I aint buying that book to see because that Murphy man didnt put WB in his pole. You think im joking but im not.

Hey Gov91, Times have been a little tough here as of late, do you think that you could ask Coach Shad to give me call? I'm looking for a low interest loan. I'm good for it. Thanks Edited by Runswithknife