LET THE TREZEVANT INVITATION BEGIN !

Barring a huge amount of season ending injuries to key players, there is no doubt that Trezevant is the heavy favorite to repeat in 2A.  Richardson is one of the finest players in the state in any class without a doubt.  Trezevant also has the easiest playoff road in all of 2A, and perhaps in any class,  as they will not have to leave Shelby County for a playoff game this season except for a possible appearance in the state title game. Last season, the two Memphis 2A regions ( 8 playoff teams) combined to send only two teams to the playoffs with records of at least .500.  Two of those playoff teams did not even win a single game all season.  Trezevant should not even receive any type of playoff challenge until the semi finals.  It will be interesting to see if their coach can keep that talented team focused this season.

Edited by ReitzFan

That's a quote from Coach Grider about going to Cookeville this year

I agree with it. We have the players to compete. I would be shocked if we face any running back faster than Lilly. Heard he got clocked at a 4.4 twice this summer. Don't know how valid that is though.

I agree with it. We have the players to compete. I would be shocked if we face any running back faster than Lilly. Heard he got clocked at a 4.4 twice this summer. Don't know how valid that is though.

He's always been fast. Durability was always a question though. I hope he can stay completely healthy this season. I know his brother and he's a pretty good kid. 40 times in high school can be misleading. There aren't very many 4.4 RBs in the NFL.

He's always been fast. Durability was always a question though. I hope he can stay completely healthy this season. I know his brother and he's a pretty good kid. 40 times in high school can be misleading. There aren't very many 4.4 RBs in the NFL.

Exactly if any back hits the 4.5-4.7 and are in open field they won't get caught anyway,in high school you always get that.We had one who also has been "clocked" at that number but at UT camp a month or so ago was a 4.6.Either way they are fast regardless.At 4.4 the doors will get knocked down.

Exactly if any back hits the 4.5-4.7 and are in open field they won't get caught anyway,in high school you always get that.We had one who also has been "clocked" at that number but at UT camp a month or so ago was a 4.6.Either way they are fast regardless.At 4.4 the doors will get knocked down.

Lol that's true. I'm no SP fan but if you guys do get to play them in the semis if Lilly gets in the open field hang it up lol.

Barring a huge amount of season ending injuries to key players, there is no doubt that Trezevant is the heavy favorite to repeat in 2A.  Richardson is one of the finest players in the state in any class without a doubt.  Trezevant also has the easiest playoff road in all of 2A, and perhaps in any class,  as they will not have to leave Shelby County for a playoff game this season except for a possible appearance in the state title game. Last season, the two Memphis 2A regions ( 8 playoff teams) combined to send only two teams to the playoffs with records of at least .500.  Two of those playoff teams did not even win a single game all season.  Trezevant should not even receive any type of playoff challenge until the semi finals.  It will be interesting to see if their coach can keep that talented team focused this season.

You forgot Mitchell

That's what I'm saying. When you're dealing with 16 and 17 yr old kids anything is possible. Saying that though I do believe MC and SP are probably two of the strongest teams in the east. A lot of variables though.

I hope both make it but... I just don't see SP being one of the best in the East. The best in the East will be decided in Greenback! MC will be challenged all season both in the region and with rivalries. The road to Cookville in 2A will be decided when MC meets AE. Any team making it to Cookeville will have to battle the gauntlet injury free!

I hope both make it but... I just don't see SP being one of the best in the East. The best in the East will be decided in Greenback! MC will be challenged all season both in the region and with rivalries. The road to Cookville in 2A will be decided when MC meets AE. Any team making it to Cookeville will have to battle the gauntlet injury free!

Thats my opinion also.