LET THE TREZEVANT INVITATION BEGIN !

So gangland is the first picture that you see when u think of Memphis and you wanna call someone else out about thinking the worst of everything. U can't expect us honest hardworking non gang member/criminal Memphians on here to just take that in stride and not have some type of rebuttal when you and other East Tennessians from the paradise of the mountains make statements like that and paint that as a general picture of Memphis and Memphians...

Humble yourselves cause bad things can and do happen everywhere.

We might have as much crime here in a year that you have in a month. A lot of that is a population thing. You have good and bad people everywhere but the bigger the city, the more bad elements you have. I've stayed in several big cities  and its just a different animal from the area that i'm accustomed too. As far as being humble, trust me I'm VERY thankful that i live in the area I do. We don't even have to lock the doors at night. Thats got to be a weird concept

We might have as much crime here in a year that you have in a month. A lot of that is a population thing. You have good and bad people everywhere but the bigger the city, the more bad elements you have. I've stayed in several big cities and its just a different animal from the area that i'm accustomed too. As far as being humble, trust me I'm VERY thankful that i live in the area I do. We don't even have to lock the doors at night. Thats got to be a weird concept

pujo lives in Heaven!That's why e has his opinions about other places.LOL.No joking if you ever have a chance to go meet them Roan Mtn boys at their place man its GODS COUNTRY!

pujo lives in Heaven!That's why e has his opinions about other places.LOL.No joking if you ever have a chance to go meet them Roan Mtn boys at their place man its GODS COUNTRY!

City folks would be scared to death living out in the woods ,they tend to feel  better with people all around them.Sort of a security blanket. I hate the hustle and bustle of the city and rude people everywhere. Us mountain folks take care of ourselves and if a neighbor needs help ,were right there. Yeah we have a murder or 2 every now and then and I reckon dope is everywhere but we do go to bed at night. Big cities don,t come to life until dark. You sure don't want to take a stroll. Thats just not the way people are supposed to live. The only thing I would want to do in Memphis would be leave . Shoot I even hate Johnson City and its not in the same league with Memphis. Worst thing around  here is the lack of jobs and opportunities but a Country boy can survive. If I could make a million dollars a year in Memphis, I still wouldn't live there. Money means nothing without happiness. And yeah I could survive but I would be a loner, and without friends and neighbors how could you enjoy life.  And like  I said before, Memphis is like the 7th worst city in the nation to live in. Its easy to look it up. 

City folks would be scared to death living out in the woods ,they tend to feel better with people all around them.Sort of a security blanket. I hate the hustle and bustle of the city and rude people everywhere. Us mountain folks take care of ourselves and if a neighbor needs help ,were right there. Yeah we have a murder or 2 every now and then and I reckon dope is everywhere but we do go to bed at night. Big cities don,t come to life until dark. You sure don't want to take a stroll. Thats just not the way people are supposed to live. The only thing I would want to do in Memphis would be leave . Shoot I even hate Johnson City and its not in the same league with Memphis. Worst thing around here is the lack of jobs and opportunities but a Country boy can survive. If I could make a million dollars a year in Memphis, I still wouldn't live there. Money means nothing without happiness. And yeah I could survive but I would be a loner, and without friends and neighbors how could you enjoy life. And like I said before, Memphis is like the 7th worst city in the nation to live in. Its easy to look it up.

I gotcha Pujo, my neighborhood is pretty quite and rural by Memphis standards. Believe it or not but we actually have neighbors and friends down here too. My point is that everyone down here isn't living in the hood and ducking gunshots 24/7. It's plenty of us doing pretty good for ourselves and enjoying life. Obviously we have empoverished areas and lots of crime but that's why God gave us the right to protect ourselves and the 2nd amendment. But hey different strokes for different folks, some like Pepsi and some like coke. Memphis been good to me and my family.

Edited by Havengrad04

I gotcha Pujo, my neighborhood is pretty quite and rural by Memphis standards. Believe it or not but we actually have neighbors and friends down here too. My point is that everyone down here isn't living in the hood and ducking gunshots 24/7. It's plenty of us doing pretty good for ourselves and enjoying life. Obviously we have empoverished areas and lots of crime but that's why God gave us the right to protect ourselves and the 2nd amendment. But hey different strokes for different folks, some like Pepsi and some like coke. Memphis been good to me and my family.

Good deal Havengrad04. I'm sure many are happy successful people in that area and we have nuts here just the same. Its just 2 different worlds. I'm more fond of this one but if I had been raised there ,I'm sure I would have blended right in. It don't much matter where people live,you have happy and prosperous people and then you have the other side. I'm sure you and I would get along just fine as  I pretty much get along with everyone. In my life I've been around  every kind of people you can find. Can't say I have tons of friends but I have 0 enemies.