Metro Rankings

bleacher

20 hours ago, bleacher said:

So the guy that is the most critical of certain metro teams isn't sure what the problem is here? I guess this coach is too pale to illicit your trash talk...

Pale coaches are not the problem in metro.  They are not the ones recruiting kids from other schools in metro and going to other counties also. Talent can overcome coaching until they play a talented team that is better coached. This has been seen many times in the past.

10 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

That game will tell alot about East in my opinion!! 

I think it will tell a lot about both teams. And, both should come away as better teams because I see this as being a competitive game on both sides of the ball. Young people need to understand that strong competition is an opportunity to sharpen skills.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

I think it will tell a lot about both teams. And, both should come away as better teams because I see this as being a competitive game on both sides of the ball. Young people need to understand that strong competition is an opportunity to sharpen skills.

11 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

That game will tell alot about East in my opinion!! 

Sounds like a packed game to...I'm going with the district on this one. All outsiders must get crushed lol

11 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

I think it opened their eyes when we took our first kick-off 75 yards. Malik played better than expected for his first varsity start at quarterback.  He will get more confident as the season goes on.

Dont say that to loud about your QB lol...we dont want them problems lol...

Edited by FBfan26
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Dont say that to loud about your QB lol...we dont want them problems lol...

He threw the ball well and broke loose on a 60+ yard touchdown run. Starling couldn't catch him. We have some speed on this year's team. Aky Howard turned on the jets too.

Edited by leadfarmer

8 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

He threw the ball well and broke loose on a 60+ yard touchdown run. Starling couldn't catch him. We have some speed on this year's team. Aky Howard turned on the jets too.

You guys are also well coached . They prepare well and have good adjustments. I'll be the first to admit when I saw Wallace transfer I said well that might hurt them alot. Hats off to you guys and good luck 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoldenTicket8910 said:

You guys are also well coached . They prepare well and have good adjustments. I'll be the first to admit when I saw Wallace transfer I said well that might hurt them alot. Hats off to you guys and good luck 

Thanks man. We have alot of guys playing both ways this year and I was surprised I didn't see any cramping. 

3 hours ago, fb247 said:

Pale coaches are not the problem in metro.  They are not the ones recruiting kids from other schools in metro and going to other counties also. Talent can overcome coaching until they play a talented team that is better coached. This has been seen many times in the past.

Those coaches also aren't winning any games . But continue to be looked at as great coaches. How? Brunetti, woods, Fitzgerald and Broome are the only coaches that have taken a metro team to state as a HC. Why wouldn't kids and parents want them at their school. Quit complaining and build a program period! 

Edited by GoldenTicket8910

3 hours ago, GoldenTicket8910 said:

Those coaches also aren't winning any games . But continue to be looked at as great coaches. How? Brunetti, woods, Fitzgerald and Broome are the only coaches that have taken a metro team to state as a HC. Why wouldn't kids and parents want them at their school. Quit complaining and build a program period! 

I agree 100%, sometimes you have to let people feel and think whatever they want. 247 is one of them people, you can put facts in front of him and he'll still have his own negative opinion. No way a coach take a team to state and can't coach. I have never heard of that before, until he got on here.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

Not all this again guys. Just let it go. Focus on the positives in metro and forget about all the other junk. There are great coaches out there regardless of skin color and regardless of whether they have been to a state title game. There are great coaches that also do it by the book and won't even get in the gray area. There are on the flip side awful coaches with all different skin colors and some have been to state titles games due to talent. It's everywhere on every level. The best thing we can do as fans is to support our teams and hope they are doing things right.

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:59 AM, fb247 said:

What is the problem at  Overton? Are they heading towards another bad season.

2000 students, but over 1200 are non English speaking. 41 different languages spoken. They are no longer the tea sippers. Johnny O just doesn't get the athletes they used to. That zone has flipped quite a bit. Most of the Crieve Hall kids are now at CPA, Lipscomb, Ryan etc. when they used to go to JOHS.

I told everybody 3 years ago when I taught there that it was coming.  You will see it in all sports over there.