Metro Rankings

bleacher

All this crying about recruiting smh. This is turning into a soap box. Why is this the main topic, everybody gets kids that's out of zone its just when you lose kids that's when the crying starts. If the " other coaches" got kids wanting to come to their school they definitely aren't turning them away. Lets focus on the Week 2 picks and not the excuses for why coaches aren't WINNING

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GameTime615 said:

All this crying about recruiting smh. This is turning into a soap box. Why is this the main topic, everybody gets kids that's out of zone its just when you lose kids that's when the crying starts. If the " other coaches" got kids wanting to come to their school they definitely aren't turning them away. Lets focus on the Week 2 picks and not the excuses for why coaches aren't WINNING

If kids go to a different school just because they want to that's different. The majority of the kids are going to other schools because they are being talked into it by those coaches.  The problem I have is the negativity they feed these kids about their zoned schools to get them to flip.   

2 hours ago, GameTime615 said:

Lmao!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purple75gold said:

If kids go to a different school just because they want to that's different. The majority of the kids are going to other schools because they are being talked into it by those coaches.  The problem I have is the negativity they feed these kids about their zoned schools to get them to flip.   

Question: Are you okay with a student being talked in to going to another school because of the mathematics or science programs offered there? Or maybe they will switch to another school because it  has a better theater group or band. Are you okay with that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, purple75gold said:

You really think they have to feed kids some negative about there zone school to go to another school?? If so man your lost lol. I constantly say this is the buddy buddy era. They all want to play with there friends. I cant blame a kid who pretty good and zoned for Hunters Lane and ended up going to maplewood to play football. You can ask my 12 year old son now about the high school fb teams. Him and his friends will tell you if that team sucks r if there cold to your face lol. It's rare that you will find old school kids such as yourself and most of the posters. "See NBA"

Edited by FBfan26

Don’t kid yourself there are some coaches who will bad mouth a program to students to get them to come to their school. Those are they same coaches that go to middle school games of their non feeder schools. I agree about the students wanting to go the winning schools, has a lot to do with today’s culture, but it is also the parents. Kids are looking for exposure and some of them think they have to go to those schools to be seen. 

22 hours ago, hardtackle said:

I wish teams in Metro were more equal than they are. It appears to be either very good teams or very poor teams.

36 minutes ago, thespork said:

Don’t kid yourself there are some coaches who will bad mouth a program to students to get them to come to their school. Those are they same coaches that go to middle school games of their non feeder schools. I agree about the students wanting to go the winning schools, has a lot to do with today’s culture, but it is also the parents. Kids are looking for exposure and some of them think they have to go to those schools to be seen. 

It may not be a coincidence that Metro usually has only one school per classification that can be consider a contender.