Metro Rankings

bleacher

In my time I haven't heard around here anything about Maryville cheating, never heard anyone say anthing about Hillsboro when Ron was there, never heard anyone talk about Lipscomb or GP back in the day, nothing ever about Gallatin, Henry County, Beech, Columbia, etc. All good programs at different times. You can win with homegrown talent that is hard working and focused.

29 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

In my time I haven't heard around here anything about Maryville cheating, never heard anyone say anthing about Hillsboro when Ron was there, never heard anyone talk about Lipscomb or GP back in the day, nothing ever about Gallatin, Henry County, Beech, Columbia, etc. All good programs at different times. You can win with homegrown talent that is hard working and focused.

That is very naive

The difference today and in the history of Metro is the academy model which allows transfers more readily. Also magnet schools can be on the level with private schools in recruiting because they have no limited Zone. All of this talk of cheating is purely jealousy. You can't beat certain schools so you try to rationalize and make excuses.

Tell me the last time any school has been reprimanded for recruiting players. For this to happen, facts would have to be alleged not merely accusations that lack merit.

1 hour ago, bleacher said:

That is very naive

The difference today and in the history of Metro is the academy model which allows transfers more readily. Also magnet schools can be on the level with private schools in recruiting because they have no limited Zone. All of this talk of cheating is purely jealousy. You can't beat certain schools so you try to rationalize and make excuses.

Tell me the last time any school has been reprimanded for recruiting players. For this to happen, facts would have to be alleged not merely accusations that lack merit.

I totally agree. Its jealousy. White Haven has the best looking kids I have ever seen as a group in the state. Based on Fb247 they are cheating and should win every year. That isn't the case. So coaching must be taken place at these other Metro schools. Not to say WH coaches are bad but that kills that argument. Question to the group...if a parent comes up and ask about ur program, is that recruiting? Also what is to be said when someone from an East, Pearl, CR or a Hillsboro transfer to a losing program, is that looked on as the same? Is that considered "cheating"? 

1 hour ago, bleacher said:

That is very naive

Took the words right out my mouth...

5 hours ago, bleacher said:

That is very naive

I approve this message!!

A couple things to start with. Metro has somewhat been open zoned for awhile. All a kid had to do was take a class that was not offered at the zoned school. Second, some magnets in the past and maybe even now we're lottery schools. They could not just pick and choose who was accepted. That may be different now.

Next, I don't have any problem with coaches talking to parents as long as the parents initiate that conversation. Pretty sure that is the rule.

Personally there is no jealousy from me. I have always argued that metro coaches don't get enough credit. I will continue to support metro schools and their teams because honestly there is not enough support as there should be. Many metro coaches do a good job with what they have. Some will never get due credit because they lack the player talent to compete. Some get maybe a little too much credit due to having an abundance of talent.

Recruiting does go on in many places not just metro. Private schools are now free to do it readily and public's will continue to do it until it's cracked down on. The hardest part about recruiting is that there has to be clear evidence which is almost impossible it seems.

Maybe I am naive to think you can win with your own kids without having to look elsewhere. Or maybe I'm just too old school and believe things should be done the right way and leaving no doubt. Either way is fine by me.

Looks like the schools previously mentioned are poised for good seasons. CR got by a good test in Brentwood. Hillsboro has a shot at a region title if they can get by Beech. MW should be able to make a deep run in 4A as long as BH stays healthy. And EN looks like they may be able to put it all together this year. Any chance the EN PC game could be at Vandy again? That was a great atmosphere and I think many would like to see another 4 quarters.

Ill add that not many could do the job Brunetti does at PC. He had a tall task following Fitz and with the exception of one maybe two seasons they have been highly successful. They have even carried on despite the return of Fitz. Speaking of the old ball coach, he turned Stratford around quickly and has the burros looking better in year two. Knowing the principal over there, he won't knowing allow any type of recruiting. CR has always had talent and even in Parks last year he had them rolling. Woods has taken them to another level now and looks like they aren't letting up anytime soon.

20 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

SOOO you chose 4 out of the top 5 Metro programs and say that there cheating .....What kinda of transfers has Pearl-Cohn got over the past 10 years? You must never walked the hallways of antioch,CaneRidge,Or Hillsboro heck even hunters lane. How much you pay attention to metro no wonder your football team Roane County "Kingston" is a subpar football team. Maybe you put that energy into beating Alcoa you just might give them a run for there money. Until then Prove it!

16 hours ago, theWhiteOwl said:

I totally agree. Its jealousy. White Haven has the best looking kids I have ever seen as a group in the state. Based on Fb247 they are cheating and should win every year. That isn't the case. So coaching must be taken place at these other Metro schools. Not to say WH coaches are bad but that kills that argument. Question to the group...if a parent comes up and ask about ur program, is that recruiting? Also what is to be said when someone from an East, Pearl, CR or a Hillsboro transfer to a losing program, is that looked on as the same? Is that considered "cheating"? 

17 hours ago, bleacher said:

That is very naive

Until you guys fully understand what illegal recruiting is , this is a moot point. It is not totally about winning every game. It is about reaching out to kids and initiating first contact with an out of zone kid. I don't care if it is a public school or a private school. If a parent of a kid seeks a school without a coach of any school reaching out to them first then all is good. But when coaches or representatives of the school talk to a kid first out of their zone for a course or any program with sole intent to play a sport then it is wrong. Until you realize that FIRST contact is wrong then God bless you. Coaches going to middle school games decked out in school cloth with the intent to reach out to kids then that is wrong. I guess you are okay if your billboard advertisement dress attracts a parent who comes up to you and seeks info about your school without you making sure they see you like a clown on the street advertising your school. I guess i should realize that moral ethics code  that every coach has to sign prior to each season means nothing.    Go to the TSSAA handbook 2018-19 Section 17 on pages 19 and 20. Until coaches stop this behavior statewide in both public and private this will never stop. There are coaches who believe this is what they have to do to be winners instead of cheaters and the win at all cost mentality. I think some you on here think it is okay and justify it anyway you can. It is a moral coaching ethic that I am sure is past gone. It is sad that some coaches do this because they probably can coach they just want to win so badly they will resort to anything to do so even if it means harming another school and the coach also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

Until you guys fully understand what illegal recruiting is , this is a moot point. It is not totally about winning every game. It is about reaching out to kids and initiating first contact with an out of zone kid. I don't care if it is a public school or a private school. If a parent of a kid seeks a school without a coach of any school reaching out to them first then all is good. But when coaches or representatives of the school talk to a kid first out of their zone for a course or any program with sole intent to play a sport then it is wrong. Until you realize that FIRST contact is wrong then God bless you. Coaches going to middle school games decked out in school cloth with the intent to reach out to kids then that is wrong. I guess you are okay if your billboard advertisement dress attracts a parent who comes up to you and seeks info about your school without you making sure they see you like a clown on the street advertising your school. I guess i should realize that moral ethics code  that every coach has to sign prior to each season means nothing.    Go to the TSSAA handbook 2018-19 Section 17 on pages 19 and 20. Until coaches stop this behavior statewide in both public and private this will never stop. There are coaches who believe this is what they have to do to be winners instead of cheaters and the win at all cost mentality. I think some you on here think it is okay and justify it anyway you can. It is a moral coaching ethic that I am sure is past gone. It is sad that some coaches do this because they probably can coach they just want to win so badly they will resort to anything to do so even if it means harming another school and the coach also.

So why you cant NEVER answer my questions?? Also I never understood what's wrong with wear school gear? I stay by Hendersonville and Sun-Sat Games,church,parks,events I see  Commando,StationCamp,WhiteHouse,Springfield shirts every where and nobody complains. Yea I understand what your trying to say but everything you say comes off as hate. I'm not blind to the fact that folks cheat or push the lines but I'm also not blind to the Fact that Nashville is not huge and mostly everybody knows everybody. I'm done with the conversation because it's like beating a dead horse. What I want to know why your so  Interest in Middle TN when you're on the other side of the state.

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

So why you cant NEVER answer my questions?? Also I never understood what's wrong with wear school gear? I stay by Hendersonville and Sun-Sat Games,church,parks,events I see  Commando,StationCamp,WhiteHouse,Springfield shirts every where and nobody complains. Yea I understand what your trying to say but everything you say comes off as hate. I'm not blind to the fact that folks cheat or push the lines but I'm also not blind to the Fact that Nashville is not huge and mostly everybody knows everybody. I'm done with the conversation because it's like beating a dead horse. What I want to know why your so  Interest in Middle TN when you're on the other side of the state.

I just did answer your question. If you are wearing school gear because that is all you have then so be it. But if you are wearing it to attract yourself for a conversation then I think you are wrong. I do hate illegal recruiting by anyone. There is no way around that . That is my only hate and I will speak up against it always. I can never give credit for any school who is winning while recruiting kids illegally. Also the weather in east tennessee is great .

Edited by fb247