Metro Rankings

bleacher

Guys quit arguing with Fb247. He thinks he is smarter than everyone . He knows more about metro and claims he is from east Tn. That's all fake news. He is a disgruntled coach that can't win where he is ( maybe a losing metro school) but seems to have a problem with winning schools . Nobody from east Tn should care about metro . Focus on your Friday opponent fb247. 

But back to football. Giles and PC game will be a good one . I got PC  31 to 25

12 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Fan and firebird I knew it was at the end of the season but I also know how kids talk. Whether anyone admits it that is a game everyone is already thinking ahead to at least to some degree. Now it it all unravels before then the talk will go away.

PC and GC will be a high scoring game. I'll say PC 34 GC 31.

East probably thinking about it more than PC tho.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Fan and firebird I knew it was at the end of the season but I also know how kids talk. Whether anyone admits it that is a game everyone is already thinking ahead to at least to some degree. Now it it all unravels before then the talk will go away.

I agree if both teams beat Giles, then East vs PC would be huge week 9.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

7 hours ago, workinprogress said:

The few Kids I have been around haven't sad much. I've been to a few practices but from our take East has always had the talent so it's not a shocker. Most folks had east beating maplewood. The riverdale was huge at the time but it's starting to look like a land slide of L's on riverdale side. Crazy how a program like riverdale is almost at rock bottom. East Nashville will start 6-0 or 5-1 at the worst. Giles ,Lipscomb,PC and NorthEast back to back will tell us what we need to know. Seriously around week 5 it will start growing.

10 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Still what you're saying is word of mouth. You going by what someone else has told you, instead of you actually hearing it yourself. You might not have anything against our coaches but your friends might. So I can't go off what your friends have told you bout our staff calling a kid. You said you are not picking on winning coaches but you clearly are, because every school you named are winning at the moment. For example you said East I didnt hear you say that last year about them only this year because they are 2-0. So to me it seems like, the only way a metro coach can have success something illegal has to be going on in the program in your eyes.

So hearing that another guy is going brown chicken brown cow with your lady is not happening unless you actually see it ?  Also as for east I think he has decided if you can't beat them join them. Like I have said it really has nothing to do with winning, so maybe it is just a coincidence. 

9 hours ago, PoleCat56 said:

Guys quit arguing with Fb247. He thinks he is smarter than everyone . He knows more about metro and claims he is from east Tn. That's all fake news. He is a disgruntled coach that can't win where he is ( maybe a losing metro school) but seems to have a problem with winning schools . Nobody from east Tn should care about metro . Focus on your Friday opponent fb247. 

But back to football. Giles and PC game will be a good one . I got PC  31 to 25

It is apparent that I know a lot more about metro than you do. I am smarter than you may think. I have never said I was a coach or even where I live. I have noticed a strange smell close by , maybe it is just a polecat.

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

So hearing that another guy is going brown chicken brown cow with your lady is not happening unless you actually see it ?  Also as for east I think he has decided if you can't beat them join them. Like I have said it really has nothing to do with winning, so maybe it is just a coincidence. 

Show me proof my lady doing whatever you called it. Because one thing I do know people will lie, especially if they don't LIKE you or JEALOUS!  But we'll agree to disagree bout PC staff, I don't care what other schools are doing! (PC vs everybody)

Edited by FIREBIRD80

Not to reopen a deep wound, but I will simply add a few words to the Metro recruiting hoopla.  

While I do believe there are actual active recruiters (particular those in organizations not affiliated with a specific school) in Metro Nashville, I think all too often people conflate recruiting with transferring.   For instance a top LB at a 0-10 school is going to transfer to a better school if they have the ability and means to do so.  I know I would if I was in that situation.  And given the open enrollment that exist, the system allows for this to happen.   People are quick to blame recruiting when a good player transfers to a winning school.  

Also, when Ron was at Hillsboro back in the early 2000's, Hillsboro was the only open enrollment school in Metro.  Meaning if you could provide your own transportation to the school, you could attend even if you didn't live in that school district.   They had tons of talent coming there during those years from every corner of Davidson County. 

Also, Cane Ridge has been ripe for a while to be very successful.  When the school opened and Abner was hired he had all types of talent, same when Parks followed, they both were unable to put together the right formula to make any deep run.    Coach Woods has been able to piece that puzzle together. 

Lot of games happening tonight due to no school tomorrow and Monday!  Should have lots to discuss tomorrow!  

Edited by BennyBones