Metro Rankings

bleacher

16 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Hey I'm not throwing shade.  If it's not against the rules I say go for it.  Stratford did it with East Literature for years.  I get it.  If Metro wants to consistently on a year in/year out basis compete at the top in football they have to find a way to maximize their resources and this would definitely be something to explore.  MNPS does not need 13-14 football playing schools when only 4-5 of them are competitive.  So much talent slips through the cracks and is never identified because some of the programs are just that terrible.  

If you ask me metro has TO MANY SCHOOLS. I know we are a huge county but man and these charters and privates popping up ain't making it better.

Open zones and recruiting is killing metro. if a kid or his parents want him in a private school so be it. but any coach public or private that recruits kids is hurting schools. as for open zones that was meant for academics not athletics so every kid must play in his zoned school for athletics. I know this makes to much sense and requires ethical attitudes and behavior.

Edited by fb247

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:18 AM, fb247 said:

Open zones and recruiting is killing metro. if a kid or his parents want him in a private school so be it. but any coach public or private that recruits kids is hurting schools. as for open zones that was meant for academics not athletics so every kid must play in his zoned school for athletics. I know this makes to much sense and requires ethical attitudes and behavior.

This is why Metro football is what it is. Antioch is bad because Woods gets all  their  players.

East takes from everywhere in county and out. Pearl, Hillsboro also. The best teams are the best recruiters. If every kid just went to their zoned school there would be a lot more decent teams. You can hate the truth but you cannot deny it. At least not logically.

13 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

This is why Metro football is what it is. Antioch is bad because Woods gets all  their  players.

East takes from everywhere in county and out. Pearl, Hillsboro also. The best teams are the best recruiters. If every kid just went to their zoned school there would be a lot more decent teams. You can hate the truth but you cannot deny it. At least not logically.

Agree with most of what you say here with the exception of Antioch.  They haven’t been “decent” in decades....long before Cane Ridge opened.

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

Agree with most of what you say here with the exception of Antioch.  They haven’t been “decent” in decades....long before Cane Ridge opened.

You exaggerate quite a bit.

In the  9 years before Cane RIdge opened Antioch went 50-48. Decent.

In the 9 years since CR opened they are 24-71. CR is 76-40.

Last five years

Antioch          Cane RIdge

2015         0-11                  8-3

2016          3-8                    12-1

2017          1-9                    13-2

2018          0-10                  11-1

2019          0-10                    8-4

From 2003-2007 Antioch was 37-20. 9-2 in 2003. Hardly "decades".

Those who don't know  history...…………………….

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Last five years

Open zone is for academics not athletics, but that is what we are seeing. Recruiting also is not a part of open zone. I say let a kid go to school wherever he wants for academics but they can only play in the zone and at the school in that zone. Sad that recruiting has taken the place of coaching. 

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Last five years

First to admit I didn’t look up their record before making the statement.  I relied on the news articles both print and TV around the uproar when the coach was fired a few years back when I moved back to town. Those reports specified that the teams were .500 or below for a number of years and that no offers (full scholarship) were being obtained.  

Cane Ridge- kids want to go there for the coach and exposure.....and their kids are getting offers (P5).

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, BennyBones said:

Nevertheless, the metro carousel keeps on moving...It's time they (All of metro) hire from outside the district.   IMO

Antioch 

Cane Ridge

East Nashville

Glencliff 

Hillsboro

Hillwood

Hunters Lane

John Overton 

Maplewood

McGavock

Pearl-Cohn

RePublic:  I know it's not officially a Metro School

Stratford

Whites Creek

I disagree PP. I don't think most kids are going there for the coaching or exposure. No offense to any coach at CR. But they are going there because they win. Plain and simple. Put Woods at Glencliff right down the road. Would he be as successful with those kids? Even better, put Brunetti and PC staff at Antioch - does CR still get the same kids? 

People can say whatever about PC and their staff. But if I had a kid going into 9th grade he's going to PC. For the simple fact that I know their staff will put my kid in the best position to be successful in life. So you think these parents aren't seeing how many kids getting offers to college at PC. So y'all call it recruiting when PC track record speaks for itself about kids going to college. As parent that's your job to put your kid in the best situation, because majority of these kids parents can't afford college. So yes PC will get good players on what they do, on and off the field!!