Metro Rankings

bleacher

4 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I also heard that the "higher ups" in Metro turned down Whites Creek's choice to be the head coach.  This was shared with me by someone who is in Metro.  

who was it? what is taking so long to hire a coach at whites creek?

Edited by fb247

29 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I cannot share that information.  I do trust that it is factual though given the track record of the previous selections and their parting shots on their way out the door.  

then there is no reason for hires to be made at the school. Interviews should be held at central office with principal ,people in HR, AD for school system, and some retired coaches of football. And anyone else that has a clue what is involved in being a coach in metro schools. Need to avoid some of the terrible hires recently, Look at some of the recent hires and what a joke they are. There is no consistency with hiring process in metro from school to school. Parents and players should not be involved . It is not a popularity contest. Ask some football questions also. most times no one even knows football questions to even ask.

Edited by fb247

16 hours ago, DLopez said:

East is in one of the best football situations in Nashville. They have to get this hire right though, Coach Waite worked his tail off for that community and his young men. 

I agree with Lopez, there is a lot of good that can happen over there.

Open enrollment helps

Middle school right next door and shares building. Probably needs to find a way to get a middle school program at East not split with other middle school.

The stadium is great but needs turf. TPS was horrible.  sharing with other sports and practicing on it makes field conditions horrible.

The weight room well..... I guess we can call it a weight room

East is on the map and kids know about it. So the right hire and the right resources could help the Eagles get back on top.

They also have good rivalries with Stratford, Pearl, and Maplewood which helps the cash flow.

Lopez just move on back down here and take it. Miss ya buddy

The last three years they practiced and played at Bailey where the middle school was housed. Now that they moved back on campus, the real problem will be as you said. No place for them  to practice. Game field is in terrible condition and the now previous  coach did nothing to take care of it. Not much better than their previous TPS digs.

It should have been  turfed but Metro is not springing for that. 14 fields would have to be done. No money in the budget for that.

East has issues no doubt but what school doesn't in metro. It's still one of the better jobs. 

Whomever said metro will hire a coach that will better relate to the diverse population - that's getting old and sad. Just hire the best coach. I don't care if the person is black, white, native american, Kurdish, hispanic, whatever. Just hire the best football coach. Anyone can relate to a kid if the person builds a relationship with a kid. I hate all of the political garbage. Metro will not improve as a district until they start hiring on credentials instead of all the other stuff. Hiring Battle will be a good start.

Let’s hope Metro don’t shuffle the same coaches around . Broome wouldn’t be a bad hire but that’s just another shuffle but I think Hillsboro OC would be the best fit. I heard the PC OC was a name mentioned as well but Woods is not a certified teacher. Would Mose Phillips consider the job with the success he has had over the years at CR? Lopez that was previously at HB would be a name to consider as well. 

55 minutes ago, Hurricane717 said:

Let’s hope Metro don’t shuffle the same coaches around . Broome wouldn’t be a bad hire but that’s just another shuffle but I think Hillsboro OC would be the best fit. I heard the PC OC was a name mentioned as well but Woods is not a certified teacher. Would Mose Phillips consider the job with the success he has had over the years at CR? Lopez that was previously at HB would be a name to consider as well. 

Not woods Harris

19 hours ago, workinprogress said:

East has issues no doubt but what school doesn't in metro. It's still one of the better jobs. 

Whomever said metro will hire a coach that will better relate to the diverse population - that's getting old and sad. Just hire the best coach. I don't care if the person is black, white, native american, Kurdish, hispanic, whatever. Just hire the best football coach. Anyone can relate to a kid if the person builds a relationship with a kid. I hate all of the political garbage. Metro will not improve as a district until they start hiring on credentials instead of all the other stuff. Hiring Battle will be a good start.

Needs to be black. parents want that and so do players. Just a good coach and not one of the ones mentioned already.

Edited by fb247