Metro Rankings

bleacher

8 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Lawson has not played anyone. Cheatham Co and Sycamore? We shall see when they hit the region schedule.

Put Antioch at 5. McGavock 6. After that it is like a snowball headed downhill.

That’s actually what I originally had and went back and changed it. I’m giving Lawson the benefit of a doubt. They were competitive last year as Hillwood and I feel they have way better coaching this year but we will see. We will learn about Antioch this week. If the can beat CR that could cause a shift in Antioch.

25 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

That’s actually what I originally had and went back and changed it. I’m giving Lawson the benefit of a doubt. They were competitive last year as Hillwood and I feel they have way better coaching this year but we will see. We will learn about Antioch this week. If the can beat CR that could cause a shift in Antioch.

Antioch is not beating CR. 

On 8/25/2023 at 6:43 AM, FBfan26 said:

Makes since. Hopefully today goes by with no hiccups

Im late to the party but I didn’t know y’all have a real deal Strength and conditioning program.  That’s something most Mnps teams are missing. It showed up against CPA late third and 4th Q in the  heat. Btw harris is doing what I thought he would do. The kids are responding.

On 8/26/2023 at 7:22 AM, fb247 said:

Congratulations to Pearl/Cohn . Impressive 2 wins. Best team in Metro for sure,

Totally agree that Pearl Cohn is the best team in MNPS.  In most years I would say that the MBA win was a great win but after watching MBA, I am beginning to feel like they may not have one of their better teams.  If you don’t have a great QB in high school football it’s extremely difficult to win against good teams.  MBA was fortunate to have a great 4* QB the past four seasons.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, EastNasty said:

Im late to the party but I didn’t know y’all have a real deal Strength and conditioning program.  That’s something most Mnps teams are missing. It showed up against CPA late third and 4th Q in the  heat. Btw harris is doing what I thought he would do. The kids are responding.

We workin! Harris gone get them right just gone take a least one full off season.

On 8/28/2023 at 6:48 AM, cbg said:

Totally agree that Pearl Cohn is the best team in MNPS.  In most years I would say that the MBA win was a great win but after watching MBA, I am beginning to feel like they may not have one of their better teams.  If you don’t have a great QB in high school football it’s extremely difficult to win against good teams.  MBA was fortunate to have a great 4* QB the past four seasons.

With the offense that most teams run now I agree a really good QB is needed. Most schools try to run an offense that is not really suited to their talent, but that is all most coaches know now. Oakland is  impressive to me because they win without a great QB and he has more running backs than receivers and understands the run game. Most coaches have no knowledge of the run game blocking. Most only know zone scheme . 

Edited by fb247
  • Upvote 1