Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 7/21/2023 at 1:51 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Pearl Cohn plays MBA and CPA this year. They've been pretty consistent throughout Brunetti's tenure of playing anyone. Give them Antioch or HL's schedule and I think they'd fare better than alot of teams. The only one of those teams listed that wouldn't be close to a toss up is Oakland

If Antioch is considered 4th best program in Metro at the end of the season their HC did a heckuva job

When I heard CPA was playing Antioch this year, I thought I must have misunderstood. I think we’ve played one of the hardest non-region schedules in the state for the last five or six years. Antioch scheduling Oakland also… I think the new Antioch staff must be doing a lot right and other coaches from more traditionally good football schools are wanting to support that. 

Edited by BreadTruck28

9 minutes ago, BreadTruck28 said:

When I heard CPA was playing Antioch this year, I thought I must have misunderstood. I think we’ve played one of the hardest non-region schedules in the state for the last five or six years. Antioch scheduling Oakland also… I think the new Antioch staff must be doing a lot right and other coaches from more traditionally good football schools are wanting to support that. 

Lebanon, Nolensville, Oakland, MJ and CPA is their non region schedule. Oakland would probably have a 9 game schedule if it wasn't for Antioch 

I hope the new HC is successful

Edited by MidTennFootball

On 7/21/2023 at 10:03 AM, 18NCS said:

First Post or new Username for ex Pat .....

My early guess based on Metro's 7 on 7 tournament a few weeks ago at Hillsboro, new coaching hires, and returning players that I am aware of.  List order likely changes after Jamborees....

1. PC / East 

2. CR / Antioch

3. Hillsboro

4. Overton 

5. McGavock / Lawson / HL / Maplewood 

7. Stratford / WC

8. Glencliff 

I think it is PC/East and then the rest of the pack. I've stated it before, Antioch is my sleeper team to keep an eye on. Their record might not be great given their SEC Western Division like schedule, but my opinion is they will be much improved. 

Top 6 Pearl,East,Cane Ridge,Hillsboro, Mcgavock and Overton. Antioch won’t and can’t beat none of them these teams.

On 7/21/2023 at 4:27 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

MJ plays Cane Ridge and Antioch… what is this blasphemy that Antioch is supposed to be good? Lol is this true?

Ya they gotta be intoxicated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 1:04 PM, GWAVE1 said:

Losing Stewart at the helm had to take an effect.   He is definitely an up and coming coach!  The guy knows how to motivate his kids.  

East young they’ll be ok! Once coach Harris gets things situated everything will run smoothly. Probably about week 3 or 4 will be a difference!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Upvote 1

On 8/4/2023 at 8:36 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Pearl Cohn got worked by BA.

Worked at the word GoldenBear We got our cheeks beat soundly. It wasn’t nothing physical they did which is crazy. I’ve never seen a QB like BAs in my time watching HS football. He’s fast and athletic. I think at one point he was 19-20 200 yards and 3 TD.  PC made a lot of communication mistakes on D and our offense still coming together with the new OC. At this point I feel they are better then LA