Metro Rankings

bleacher

13 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Would this be the same Antioch that has won a total of 5 games the past 8 seasons? That hasn’t won a playoff game since 2007? That has 3 total playoff wins in school history? That has never been past the 2nd Round?

Yes. That is the Antioch HS that i am referencing based on what i have seen with my own eyes. Don't care about what they have done in the past. Coach Arnold is doing it the right way. He has coached under Blade and won a State Championship. He has coached under Dilfer and won a ring so i would say he knows how to coach. They are a much improved program imo so we will see if i am right or wrong over the next few years. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 18NCS said:

Yes. That is the Antioch HS that i am referencing based on what i have seen with my own eyes. Don't care about what they have done in the past. Coach Arnold is doing it the right way. He has coached under Blade and won a State Championship. He has coached under Dilfer and won a ring so i would say he knows how to coach. They are a much improved program imo so we will see if i am right or wrong over the next few years. 

Good response!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, 18NCS said:

I’ve heard great things about coach Arnold and his staff but let’s be real and I do think they will be better then last year but let’s examine the schedule. Maybe they can beat Mcgavock & Laverne? Antioch is a huge school and should have some guys but they are behind the 8ball. At least they won’t be the worst metro school.

00pm
Nolensville
Nolensville
Home • Non-District
Preview
Thu, 8/31
7:00pm
Cane Ridge
Cane RidgeNashville
Away • District
Preview
Fri, 9/8
Oakland
OaklandMurfreesboro
Away • Non-District
Preview
Fri, 9/15
McGavock
McGavockNashville
Home • District
Preview
Fri, 9/22
Time TBA
Stewarts Creek
Stewarts CreekSmyrna
Away • District
Preview
Fri, 9/29
Mount Juliet
Mount JulietMt. Juliet
Home • Non-District
Preview
Thu, 10/5
Christ Presbyterian Academy
CPANashville
Away • Non-District
Preview
Fri, 10/20
Smyrna
Smyrna
Home • District
Preview
Fri, 10/27
Time TBA
LaVergne
LaVergne
Away • District
Edited by EastNasty

1 hour ago, 18NCS said:

Good coaches have been at Antioch before and the best they could do is making the playoffs. You can be much improved at Antioch and it still not show up in the W-L column

Being right next to CR sure doesn't help 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Good coaches have been at Antioch before and the best they could do is making the playoffs. You can be much improved at Antioch and it still not show up in the W-L column

Being right next to CR sure doesn't help 

Unless you can keep Cane Ridge from taking your kids. So far they have not, other than this QB.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, fredjones said:

Metro Jamboree schedule:

All on 8/10/23 at 7:00 PM

Pearl-Cohn at Cane Ridge

Whites Creek at Glencliff

Stratford at Hillsboro

Hunters Lane at James Lawson

McGavock at Maplewood

Antioch at Overton

on 8/11/23 at 6:00 PM

East Nashville at Independence

It’s better than playing Mcgavock 4 years. I wanted a chance to see Overton. East was smart and left the metro jamboree.

The problem with Metro Nashville Public Schools is that they continue to want to compare themselves against only the other MNPS.  They do this in both athletics and academics and when the overall system is on the bottom you are building false hope.  MNPS must strive to be better than the schools in the surrounding counties and stop trying to live in a bubble.  The only two MNPS football teams that are willing to take a loss by playing a difficult schedule are Pearl Cohn and East.  

1 hour ago, cbg said:

The problem with Metro Nashville Public Schools is that they continue to want to compare themselves against only the other MNPS.  They do this in both athletics and academics and when the overall system is on the bottom you are building false hope.  MNPS must strive to be better than the schools in the surrounding counties and stop trying to live in a bubble.  The only two MNPS football teams that are willing to take a loss by playing a difficult schedule are Pearl Cohn and East.  

Being as good as the schools in the other counties is a pretty admirable goal. Cane Ridge needs to be added to the list,  as well as Antioch, they've playing the toughest schedule in the state this year