Metro Rankings

bleacher

14 minutes ago, fb247 said:

That was. I am just curious as to how they would do playing at the highest level week in and out and in playoffs ,not just a few games . Will never know because it will never happen. I understand them not because the state championship will not be a possibility like it is now. I have not seen anybody respond to the question ,, " How would they do playing at the highest level" It is just a hypothetical question. A simple yes or no will do. I say no. What is your answer?

I think this year they would be in the conversation for winning the 6A championship along with Oakland, Brentwood, Bradley Central, Germantown, and Maryville. I think they would be capable of beating any 6A team on a given night, but realize not having 110 players on the sideline would factor into their durability for a long playoff run. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BreadTruck28 said:

I think this year they would be in the conversation for winning the 6A championship along with Oakland, Brentwood, Bradley Central, Germantown, and Maryville. I think they would be capable of beating any 6A team on a given night, but realize not having 110 players on the sideline would factor into their durability for a long playoff run. 

Most teams even those with large team numbers only play 30 kids at most. I would say a lot of teams play less than that. Even 6A teams. 

10 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I think PC could compete in 6A. CR has done it in the recent past. And honestly there isn't much difference between PC and a team like Whitehaven from Memphis. If you have a line and a few studs, you can compete. 

Whitehaven descending into the deep depths of irrelevancy,,, as did their fans… lol 

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Somebody hasn't been paying attention if you have to wonder how PC would do against 5A & 6A

Then why not play there? I am not talking about a few games I am talking about every week and then playoffs. Just a question. So you say they could win like they do now playing 6A ball and playoffs? 

9 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Then why not play there? I am not talking about a few games I am talking about every week and then playoffs. Just a question. So you say they could win like they do now playing 6A ball and playoffs? 

You give them a 6A schedule and they'll make the playoffs pretty much every year.  Most year their preseason and non region schedule is as tough as anyone.  They play 4A bc they have a 4A enrollment. If playing in a bigger class meant better then schools like Moore Co, Upperman, SP shouldn't have stood a chance in their games against 5A/6A schools.   

5 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

You give them a 6A schedule and they'll make the playoffs pretty much every year.  Most year their preseason and non region schedule is as tough as anyone.  They play 4A bc they have a 4A enrollment. If playing in a bigger class meant better then schools like Moore Co, Upperman, SP shouldn't have stood a chance in their games against 5A/6A schools.   

I already know all of this. You answered the question with a yes. They can play up if they like and like you said they are 4A  and stay there so to have a chance at a state championship. I am not asking about any other school , just the top 2 in metro . 

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

I already know all of this. You answered the question with a yes. They can play up if they like and like you said they are 4A  and stay there so to have a chance at a state championship. I am not asking about any other school , just the top 2 in metro . 

Their enrollment number is at 639, which is well down in 3A...they already play up a class.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fb247 said:

why is this such a big deal to you?  there are plenty of teams that could play up but dont and some of them are collecting gold balls like nobody's business.  i believe PC hasn't won one since 97.  it would make no sense for them to be like, well, thanks for all the fish we are going to 6A!  

• Like 1