Metro Rankings

bleacher

12 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

At some point you have to let it go man! You been singing this same song for years now…smh

Everyone knows what is going on, Why do you keep denying the truth?  I am just stating facts. I am sorry if the truth hurts. You really believe kids just show up at schools without being contacted?

Edited by fb247

11 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Is RP similar to the SCA teams Fitzgerald had? I remember they were absolutely loaded. 

I know a few years ago Rose Park was made up of two middle school teams. They were very good. They played at old Cameron School and one of the end zones was about 6 yards long in one corner (field lining issue8-)) Btw, I can see kids wanting to play for Darnell at WC. He is a good coach. 

41 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Everyone knows what is going on, Why do you keep denying the truth?  I am just stating facts. I am sorry if the truth hurts. You really believe kids just show up at schools without being contacted?

I didn’t reply to you tho! So it’s cool for private schools to come take our kids right? I don’t see y’all over on the D2 page saying this! Before the open zone private school coaches use to eat off these same type of kids just because their parents didn’t won’t them going to their zone schools for whatever reason. So yes keeping our metro kids in metro is a big deal doesn’t matter what school they attend!!!

2 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I didn’t reply to you tho! So it’s cool for private schools to come take our kids right? I don’t see y’all over on the D2 page saying this! Before the open zone private school coaches use to eat off these same type of kids just because their parents didn’t won’t them going to their zone schools for whatever reason. So yes keeping our metro kids in metro is a big deal doesn’t matter what school they attend!!!

Not cool for any school to steal kids from another school. I am not a fan of private schools recruiting but it does not make it right for metro to recruit from other metro schools . You know it happens if it didn't you would not even respond to my posts. Your denial only validates what I post. Is it not sad to see some metro schools playing with teams that have no chance to win the game only to see a very few teams in metro winning. Open zone has allowed kids to go where they want but coaches are going and recruiting kids to come to their school. Everyone knows this to be true. Sadly it is not going to stop and will most likely get worse. I remember when most if not all metro schools were pretty good and games were competitive. That is not true anymore. What is the good to go see PC play Glencliff and beat them 60-0. Nobody will go to that game, not even fun to watch, much less pay to see. Very few rivalry games like in the past. County schools hated playing metro teams because they were better a lot of the times. Now they look forward to playing them for the easy win. Why is it that 4 of metro teams are year in year out the best teams? That is sad. Bottom line this is high school football not college. As for me not bringing up recruiting being a reason for problems in metro, I will not bring it up when it stops, so probably never.

You aren't going to find too many old school coaches anymore, the kind that coach their kids that come to them and make them better. Now it's more about "I need to find some more players." It's not just metro. It's everywhere in metropolitan areas. Now you have to recruit your own kids to stay in your building. And if you don't, someone else already is. Always a way to end up at another school. Take a class, get in the IB program for a semester, go for the Cambridge program, pay a water bill, say you are living with someone else, etc. Not sure it will ever go back, probably just get worse as growth occurs. 

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

Not cool for any school to steal kids from another school. I am not a fan of private schools recruiting but it does not make it right for metro to recruit from other metro schools . You know it happens if it didn't you would not even respond to my posts. Your denial only validates what I post. Is it not sad to see some metro schools playing with teams that have no chance to win the game only to see a very few teams in metro winning. Open zone has allowed kids to go where they want but coaches are going and recruiting kids to come to their school. Everyone knows this to be true. Sadly it is not going to stop and will most likely get worse. I remember when most if not all metro schools were pretty good and games were competitive. That is not true anymore. What is the good to go see PC play Glencliff and beat them 60-0. Nobody will go to that game, not even fun to watch, much less pay to see. Very few rivalry games like in the past. County schools hated playing metro teams because they were better a lot of the times. Now they look forward to playing them for the easy win. Why is it that 4 of metro teams are year in year out the best teams? That is sad. Bottom line this is high school football not college. As for me not bringing up recruiting being a reason for problems in metro, I will not bring it up when it stops, so probably never.

It’s more so the kids than anything. These kids want to play together it’s not like the olds days when we wanted to play against the best! Same thing happened to college ball. Most these kids parents went to school with these coaches and want their kid to play for them. Its not about recruiting the four schools sell themselves too!!!

4 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Let’s not say “so it’s cool for private schools to come take our kids right” when those kids belong to no particular school.  The truth about MNPS is that since the early 70’s kids have been attending various MNPS as long as they provided their own transportation to and from school.  This is nothing new with MNPS!  

Edited by cbg

It's not new, but it has gotten exponentially worse. The majority of kids in the 80s and 90s still had great pride in the neighborhood schools. The exceptions were those that went to private schools or another metro school. Now the exceptions are the kids going where they are supposed to go. Too many ways around the system and those in charge don't seem to care.

Edited by workinprogress
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 8:04 AM, FIREBIRD80 said:

At some point you have to let it go man! You been singing this same song for years now…smh

When your team becomes a Glencliff ( at one time played in state championship game ) you will be a little more concerned about the things I post. Hard to believe Glencliff lost to MJCA. They are not a good football team. What can Glencliff do to get better? Maybe hire a better coach like you have? So how do the schools sell themselves and what do they sell?

Edited by fb247

55 minutes ago, fb247 said:

When your team becomes a Glencliff ( at one time played in state championship game ) you will be a little more concerned about the things I post. Hard to believe Glencliff lost to MJCA. They are not a good football team. What can Glencliff do to get better? Maybe hire a better coach like you have? So how do the schools sell themselves and what do they sell?

Pearl-Cohn will never become Glencliff.  The school’s cheerleading coach could become the head football coach and I’d say it’s a safe bet that PC would never fall to that level of obscurity.  

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

1.) PC will never fall into that kind of slide.

2.) Glencliff's problems are demographics not coaching

Glencliff isn't a good team but they're moving in the right direction