Metro Rankings

bleacher

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Which media member? Schools always play the clean version no matter the genre. Schools usually play what the students want to hear. 

That I’m not sure but I asked why we playing instrumentals and some stuff 99.7% of us never heard last night and that was the answer. Email went out last week I think. Somebody screamed take the aux cord last night lol

17 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

That I’m not sure but I asked why we playing instrumentals and some stuff 99.7% of us never heard last night and that was the answer. Email went out last week I think. Somebody screamed take the aux cord last night lol

I remember how spectacular the band was at Pearl-Cohn (and other MNPS schools) once upon a time and the instant energy that was created throughout the stadium when they came marching in.  Growing up as a kid in Cheatham County (before there was a Sycamore High School) those were the teams that the Cubs were paired with in the old Regions 5-4A and 6-4A in 1993-1996 and then again from 1997-2000.  I played at Sycamore and graduated in the first class (2002) but I remember when I was younger going to games and going to my brother's games during those days.  Pearl-Cohn, Whites Creek, Stratford, Maplewood, Antioch, Hillwood, Hillsboro, and Overton were all in those two regions along with a lot of schools from Robertson, Sumner, Rutherford, Williamson, and Montgomery Counties.  Going to the playoffs back in those days was a feat in itself.

5 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Bone to pick:  So I heard a media member sent out an email out about playing rap music at football games. From my understanding it was a problem with him listening to the radio version of rap songs because the radio blanked words out and said the kids shouldn’t be listening to it in the first place….This is ridiculous….Im sorry majority of the metro kids don’t warm up to Katy Perry Dixie Chicks or Def Leppard. We listen to what we listen to. 

Kreager's mad because he didn't get a fish sandwich.

7 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Bone to pick:  So I heard a media member sent out an email out about playing rap music at football games. From my understanding it was a problem with him listening to the radio version of rap songs because the radio blanked words out and said the kids shouldn’t be listening to it in the first place….This is ridiculous….Im sorry majority of the metro kids don’t warm up to Katy Perry Dixie Chicks or Def Leppard. We listen to what we listen to. 

I think they occasionally forget they are supposed to write the news not become it and virtue signal

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2023 at 7:32 PM, FBfan26 said:

Probably an outsider who doesn’t listen to Rap music and gets offended about ever word rapped. The soft world we live in.

On 11/10/2023 at 8:53 AM, 18NCS said:

Question for the metro followers: 

What is the reasoning behind Lawson HS choosing to move up from 4A to 5A to play football?  I assume they could have played 2 years at 4A and then when their enrollment went up, they could be more competitive in the 5A classification. Doesn't seem like they have the kid's best interest when making this decision. Perhaps I am missing something. 

I would choose somewhere in between sour grapes, and Hillwood basically not wanting to be a metro school or the image of. Hillwood gets the scraps between Hillsboro and Pearl Cohn since the zones are right by each other. They had some hype this year because it’s a new school, but some kids have already left for different reasons. You can’t be in a region with PC getting beat on each year and not being competitive. Take it from me lol

13 hours ago, EastNasty said:

I would choose somewhere in between sour grapes, and Hillwood basically not wanting to be a metro school or the image of. Hillwood gets the scraps between Hillsboro and Pearl Cohn since the zones are right by each other. They had some hype this year because it’s a new school, but some kids have already left for different reasons. You can’t be in a region with PC getting beat on each year and not being competitive. Take it from me lol

Not sure when the last time you visited Hillwood was, but it certainly had a metro feel to me. Lawson had the best 9th Grade Football team in Metro this year and won the City Championship, so they have that going for them. I just don't understand why they would subject themselves to playing Page, Nolensville, Centennial, Hillsboro each year when those schools have the larger enrollment. Let's say they were in 4A and got beat by PC every year... at least they would secure a playoff berth and have the possibility to advance to the 3rd round on a consistent basis.

Best of luck tonight to East Nashville and PC. Hope both squads make it to the semis! 

1 hour ago, 18NCS said:

Not sure when the last time you visited Hillwood was, but it certainly had a metro feel to me. Lawson had the best 9th Grade Football team in Metro this year and won the City Championship, so they have that going for them. I just don't understand why they would subject themselves to playing Page, Nolensville, Centennial, Hillsboro each year when those schools have the larger enrollment. Let's say they were in 4A and got beat by PC every year... at least they would secure a playoff berth and have the possibility to advance to the 3rd round on a consistent basis.

Best of luck tonight to East Nashville and PC. Hope both squads make it to the semis! 

I can't speak for Lawson but if it were me I'd want to go ahead and get used to 5A football if that's where I was going to go, that way by Year 3 there isnt adjustment period to the uptick in quality competition