Metro Rankings

bleacher

2 hours ago, buckeyeball said:

PC will have their way with a lot of teams. Their non region schedule is as tough as it gets.

MBA, CPA, Marshall County, Cookeville, and Cordova will be monsters on the non region schedule.  Giles County, Stratford, and East Nashville should all also be Top 10 caliber teams in 3A this season.  

Whites Creek and RePublic are the only games that you look at their schedule and think "it's going to be a blowout."  

I wish Pearl-Cohn had kept the series with Maplewood going.  Maplewood should be fairly solid this season.  It would have been a good one.

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Springfield was good that year, whites creek that was our rivalry, played them both again beat SF 28-0 and WC 30-0!! Far as Hillsboro that 03 PC team did exactly what you said is hard to do. You do know in 03 that PC ran I formation, and toss sweep, and counter ,and ISO against them, and ran it down their throats!! PC didnt even attempt a passing play so you loss me on that one. Far as 97 PC team I didn't say the best I said one of!! Find a team who had more shutout games as we did think we had 9 out of 15 games. From week 9 til championship game we put up 290 points to our opponent's 16. Maryville put them 16 on us in championship game. So yes 97 PEARL COHN TEAM IS ONE OF STATES BEST TEAMS EVER. 

I have never doubted the defense of that team. Just that the offense was vanilla for having such athletes. I'd say they are one of the best metro teams but not the state. I don't think the MBA team that beat them even won the state title that year. When I think of some of the best teams to ever play in the state I think of the BA teams from the 90's, Riverdale in the Rankin era, several of the Alcoa/Maryville teams, 2014 Fulton and maybe even the 1999 MBA team. Again, the PC defense was crazy good. Thats why they were back to back champs

30 minutes ago, buckeyeball said:

I have never doubted the defense of that team. Just that the offense was vanilla for having such athletes. I'd say they are one of the best metro teams but not the state. I don't think the MBA team that beat them even won the state title that year. When I think of some of the best teams to ever play in the state I think of the BA teams from the 90's, Riverdale in the Rankin era, several of the Alcoa/Maryville teams, 2014 Fulton and maybe even the 1999 MBA team. Again, the PC defense was crazy good. Thats why they were back to back champs

It's goes without saying 97 team was best metro team ever!!! I get BA, Riverdale teams. But if you put Alcoa, Maryville and Fulton then I know we're on the list. No disrespect to none of them but I gave you solid facts why PC one of STATES best teams ever. 9 shutouts in 15 total games 290 point just from week 9 til Clinic Bowl but our offense wasn't good don't make sense to me.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

The Springfield regular season game in 1997 was 12-7.  The playoff score was 28-0 in the quarterfinals.  I remember being at the Cheatham County game and the score was 16-8 at halftime if memory serves me correctly.  

Springfield game was 12-7 and don't remember halftime score but final score was 34-8. Whites creek score was 14-6 first time around.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

The 97 PC team was loaded and a very good team. Definitely one of metros best. One could argue the 81 Overton team was better. Played at highest level when there were only 3 classes. Had same number of shutouts as PC in 14 games. Allowed fewer points but also didn't score as many. Beat MBA and FR. That's one team I know of that was every bit as good. You'll have to ask someone over 40 about others.

There's a lot of questions surrounding metro this year. In 6A will CR be able to have a lot of success with the RC schools. How will Hillsboro do with MF returning. In 5A who makes the playoffs out of HW HL or Glencliff. In 3A can anyone touch PC and can PC stay healthy with the non region schedule being so brutal. Who will have the most success and be the best team.

49 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

There's a lot of questions surrounding metro this year. In 6A will CR be able to have a lot of success with the RC schools. How will Hillsboro do with MF returning. In 5A who makes the playoffs out of HW HL or Glencliff. In 3A can anyone touch PC and can PC stay healthy with the non region schedule being so brutal. Who will have the most success and be the best team.

Have anybody seen the other schools this summer? I seen some "I think BGA" gave them some problems. Idk if this was a actual scrimmage or 7on7. CR folks is kinda quiet out there I haven't heard nothing. I heard Overton looked good.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, howdoitknow said:

MBA, CPA, Marshall County, Cookeville, and Cordova will be monsters on the non region schedule.  Giles County, Stratford, and East Nashville should all also be Top 10 caliber teams in 3A this season.  

Whites Creek and RePublic are the only games that you look at their schedule and think "it's going to be a blowout."  

I wish Pearl-Cohn had kept the series with Maplewood going.  Maplewood should be fairly solid this season.  It would have been a good one.

Much Respect to PC for that schedule! Most coaches wouldn't have the backbone to challenge their team like that. I know a lot of 6A schools that run and hide from competition, they'll travel a 100 miles to play a weaker school with half their enrollment.