Metro Rankings

bleacher

34 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

After week 1 I'd say the top five are CR and PC tied for 1st. Overton 3. Hillsboro 4 and surprising McGavock 5. They must be much improved or MW must be a little down. Shocker of the night might be Antioch actually winning even though SC is very down. Ill eat some crow on that one because I honestly didn't think the bears would win a game. Congrats to them.

Antioch is the shocker of the night. Even if SC is down I still didn't expect that. MG beating Maplewood was a shocker also but with that RB I can believe it.

5 hours ago, workinprogress said:

After week 1 I'd say the top five are CR and PC tied for 1st. Overton 3. Hillsboro 4 and surprising McGavock 5. They must be much improved or MW must be a little down. Shocker of the night might be Antioch actually winning even though SC is very down. Ill eat some crow on that one because I honestly didn't think the bears would win a game. Congrats to them.

How could you have Overton at #3 after they got blasted 35-12 by a very average D2AAA Father Ryan team?  

Do you think metro as a whole is a little weak this year? Usually there are four maybe five teams that are pretty competitive with everybody else. I think CR and PC are the cream of the crop this year by far. Hillsboro probably 3rd but they got hammered by BA who I know is very good. But after the top two if Hillsboro is 3rd and got beat so badly that is not good for metro. Overton got beat by their rival FR and McGavock beat MW. Stratford and EN got beat handily. Was it first week blunders or do you think there is something to this.

8 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Antioch may not be the worst team but they will be bottom five in my opinion. The bottom five are all fairly equal and I wouldn't base anything on SC who is way down. I don't think Fairview is as strong as they were either. They just got beat by Page who is an average team maybe slightly above average at best.

Hillwood

Whites Creek

Glencliff

Hunters Lane

RePublic

Those are 5 teams that Antioch would beat and might I say beat soundly.  Fairview and Station Camp would kill those teams.  Fairview's best football player, arguably, didn't play last night because he was serving a one game suspension for being ejected from his last game in 2016.  That makes somewhat of a difference.

Metro Football isn't what it once was.  Cane Ridge, Pearl-Cohn, and Hillsboro are the cream of the crop.  Overton, McGavock, Maplewood, East Nashville, and Stratford are competitive football teams but none will be "elite" by any means this year.  Antioh isn't "elite" I will agree but they aren't as bad as those 5 teams I mentioned.  I know this because I know that there is no way that Fairview and/or Station Camp would be beaten by any of them.  

Giles County, who is very similar to both Page and Fairview, will beat Stratford, East Nashville, and Whites Creek and finish as the runner-up in Region 5-3A this year.  

Metro will be very weak this year. CR will be the best team but they are not the team from last year. Burros will finish 6-4 or 5-5 as will Overton. PC is no better than HB just in a easier district, the will be 7-3 or 8-2 at best. The rest really don't matter none of them will have a good year... MW will finish 6-4 or around there as well..

7 hours ago, GoldenTicket8910 said:

Metro will be very weak this year. CR will be the best team but they are not the team from last year. Burros will finish 6-4 or 5-5 as will Overton. PC is no better than HB just in a easier district, the will be 7-3 or 8-2 at best. The rest really don't matter none of them will have a good year... MW will finish 6-4 or around there as well..

You're right both teams are better! 

Edited by FIREBIRD80

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Howdoitknow I respect your opinion and enjoy reading your posts. I hope you are right about Antioch for the kids sake. Also republic is not a metro school its a charter school. So who would be your fifth team at the bottom.

howdoitknow is the antioch football coach, that is how he knows

Edited by hardtackle