Metro Rankings

bleacher

10 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

What ever happened to just a good football game? All this Gate talk is really stopping good football games. 

Money dictates a lot of things in this world. College games are dictated by when they start and TV money received .

1 hour ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

This high school! College sports is more of a business, so in my opinion you can't compare the two.

Principals are all about money at the gate. Lot of coaches know this and schedule games for money. Home games are the money they get. Money matters more than games to most people. While on this subject most people do not want to come to PC and figure the gate at home versus PC will not be good.

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Pearl's non region schedule includes:

MBA

CPA

Cookeville

Cordova

Marshall County 

Pearl's region schedule includes:

Stratford

East Nashville 

Giles County 

Its a more difficult schedule than what Gallatin plays in my opinion.  

Why are you turning this into a Pearl schedule versus Gallatin schedule?  I have no disdain for PC.  Gallatin has never even played PC.  There is no past history at all.  Gallatin also has no choice but play Hunters Lane, Hillwood, and Glencliff.  I think the past has shown that Gallatin schedules quality opponents.  Bark up another tree if that is your point.  

What ever happened to just a good football game? All this Gate talk is really stopping good football games. 

I agree it does stop good potential matchups.  However, you have to pay for the lights, equipment, maintenance, etc.  When you have teams come to your place and there are not even 50 people in the stands it is not to your advantage to schedule them unless you are looking for an easy "W".  Metros are notorious for not having a good following on away games.  It is just a fact that most in the areas outside of metro just accepts.  That is one reason why some teams do not schedule them if they can help it.  Pearl being a quality opponent on the field, I would assume, would also deter somebody putting them on the schedule.  

13 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Principals are all about money at the gate. Lot of coaches know this and schedule games for money. Home games are the money they get. Money matters more than games to most people. While on this subject most people do not want to come to PC and figure the gate at home versus PC will not be good.

But PC fans travels so that's why we're like it's something else going on.

47 minutes ago, buckeyeball said:

You can compare them because the gate is how most teams afford uniforms, balls, equipment and other things. A team that brings 20 fans and doesn't buy food is a killer to some schools. Cost money to run any program 

I can't speak for other teams but that's not PC. So it's something else goin on to why teams won't schedule us.

I can't speak for other teams but that's not PC. So it's something else goin on to why teams won't schedule us.

Most are afraid they will get beat by a team lower in classification . 5A or 6A school should beat PC, if not makes them look bad. It is a no win situation for them.

But PC fans travels so that's why we're like it's something else going on.

Exactly!  Pearl-Cohn is the exception for a Metro school.  They travel well enough.  I was told by three different 5A/6A/D2 coaches over the offseason that they didn't want to play Pearl-Cohn.  When I asked "why?" the reply I received had nothing to do with gate profit.  It's because they wouldn't want to risk being humbled by a smaller school.  

Mt. Juliet had no problem scheduling Glencliff and Riverdale had no problem scheduling East Nashville.  Neither of them were eager to schedule Pearl-Cohn.  That's not an opinion it's a statement of fact.