Metro Rankings

bleacher

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Howdoitknow I respect your opinion and enjoy reading your posts. I hope you are right about Antioch for the kids sake. Also republic is not a metro school its a charter school. So who would be your fifth team at the bottom.

Antioch most likely would be the next team from the bottom.  Followed by Maplewood, East Nashville, Stratford, McGavock, and Overton.  Then you reach the Hillsboro, Pearl-Cohn, Cane Ridge trio.  

Those other schools aren't remotely comparable to Station Camp nor Fairview.  Hunters Lane, Glencliff, and Whites Creek are the worst 3 teams in Metro.  Hillwood is a playoff team because of Coach Page and his son at QB.  That region isn't murderers row from 4-6.  

10 hours ago, GoldenTicket8910 said:

Metro will be very weak this year. CR will be the best team but they are not the team from last year. Burros will finish 6-4 or 5-5 as will Overton. PC is no better than HB just in a easier district, the will be 7-3 or 8-2 at best. The rest really don't matter none of them will have a good year... MW will finish 6-4 or around there as well..

It's crazy every year folks say the district that PC is in a easy district. That was the knock in 4a,now 3a. I guess we have to jump to 5a 6a ball. To finsh 7-3 would be great. Cr,PC &HB would beat everybody in metro.I think MG would be #4

11 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

It's crazy every year folks say the district that PC is in a easy district. That was the knock in 4a,now 3a. I guess we have to jump to 5a 6a ball. To finsh 7-3 would be great. Cr,PC &HB would beat everybody in metro.I think MG would be #4

So a team that has Glencliff, Hunters Lane and Hillwood is better i guess...lol

Edited by FIREBIRD80

18 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Then you have a team that has LaVergne, Smyrna, Overton, Antioch and McGavock but our District is weak. Only team in our district that will struggle is Whites Creek.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

58 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

So a team that has Glencliff, Hunters Lane and Hillwood is better i guess...lol

Agree those 3 teams are not world beaters by any stretch.  However the other 3 are above average.  Not getting into who has a weak region versus another region but I will say region 6 5A is very top heavy.  

• Upvote 1

Granted you have a point with Hillwood , Glencliff and HL... But yall chose to go down.. the mighty PCH goes down a class... 100 plus football players over the years but yall go to 3A??? I see Maryville and teams go up for better comp but yall went down and also added republic .... Good luck to you guys tho, no bashing at all I just don't understand it.. 

47 minutes ago, GoldenTicket8910 said:

Granted you have a point with Hillwood , Glencliff and HL... But yall chose to go down.. the mighty PCH goes down a class... 100 plus football players over the years but yall go to 3A??? I see Maryville and teams go up for better comp but yall went down and also added republic .... Good luck to you guys tho, no bashing at all I just don't understand it.. 

Teams you're talking bout enrollment double ours! Far as playing republic had no choice couldn't get teams to play us. PC was going with 9 games this year but that's not fair to our seniors to just go with 9 games. So credit to republic for even playing us, yes they got killed but wasn't scared to line down like some teams I know. 

2 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin's schedule is not in question.  It was completed very early in the process. All local rivalry games and good gates to compensate for the metros who do not travel.  

Pearl's non region schedule includes:

MBA

CPA

Cookeville

Cordova

Marshall County 

Pearl's region schedule includes:

Stratford

East Nashville 

Giles County 

Its a more difficult schedule than what Gallatin plays in my opinion.  

36 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin's schedule is not in question.  It was completed very early in the process. All local rivalry games and good gates to compensate for the metros who do not travel.  

What ever happened to just a good football game? All this Gate talk is really stopping good football games.