Metro Rankings

bleacher

3 hours ago, Spotlight said:

Their field, the stands, the parking, the school in general is very tired.  I don't know how much of the 88mil is designated for athletics but a turf surface is certainly a good start.  I think it's fitting that Coach Fitzgerald is the first to get this major upgrade.  He's a legend in metro.  

among other things

Good list bleacher. As far as anyone getting turf, ill believe it when I see it. Don't know how it would be approved when others were told no. From what I was told, those others were told no because then they would have to do it to every other metro field. That's a huge chunk of change when your academics are struggling at best.

18 hours ago, Spotlight said:

Their field, the stands, the parking, the school in general is very tired.  I don't know how much of the 88mil is designated for athletics but a turf surface is certainly a good start.  I think it's fitting that Coach Fitzgerald is the first to get this major upgrade.  He's a legend in metro.  

No the 88 mil is for the whole school renovation. It's going to look like a smaller College if you ask me

It was a priority at East and still got shot down. Try again.

East is having to travel 3/4 of a mile down the road to practice on a softball field at East Park. That includes crossing a very busy Gallatin Road. The school is landlocked and has no area available for a practice field.  If any school needed turf it is East.  It was denied.

1 hour ago, bigchief said:

It was a priority at East and still got shot down. Try again.

East is having to travel 3/4 of a mile down the road to practice on a softball field at East Park. That includes crossing a very busy Gallatin Road. The school is landlocked and has no area available for a practice field.  If any school needed turf it is East.  It was denied.

If football was a priority, they would have a different coach. 

East had a football field and a good stadium. Tear down that elementary school and build it back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bleacher said:

If football was a priority, they would have a different coach. 

East had a football field and a good stadium. Tear down that elementary school and build it back.

The chances of  Metro tearing down a less than 20 year old building that houses kids everyday are about the same as FRA letting Overton expand onto their property. Get serious

• Like 1