Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

In my eyes Republic looked better then station camp when we played. At least they moved the ball. 8-2 with Cpa,Cordova,Marshall county and Cookeville left? Then the rivalry metro games? O yea and while you bashing us about republic make sure the say the samething to that Oakland team that play them this week! I dont understand whats so bad about dropping down and playing. GOOD Teams out west and East do it. 

In my opinion you're going 8-2. Dropping either CPA or Cookeville, then Cordova. Not that this matters, gotta play the games. Just what I think.  Well see once the games play out. And yea you can play who you want, but Republic isnt a good football team in any way, shape or form. There isnt a way to sugarcoat that team. I will have to respectfully disagree about Republic being as good as Station Camp...And I have mentioned Oakland playing them too BTW. And firebird, Pearl Cohn has a great football team, and we would probably play some good games. But this perception that schools are scared of putting them on a schedule is stretching. And really if anybody read what I said in my first post mentioning Pearl Cohn, I said we would see if they are the real deal in these next two games they have. Is that not the truth? Win them, you are a serious contender,  drop both, and we all don't know. I never came in here saying Pearl Cohn was no good. I came in here saying that Hillsboro is still a top 3 metro team this year.

Edited by thegreatone36

6 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Only good team Hillsboro has played so far is BA!! Just being real Gallatin hasn't  played anybody worth talking bout. So really Hillsboro schedule is no different than Pearl Cohn. Yeah I know you gone say PC played Republic but before you do ask yourself how many teams PC tried to put in that spot including Gallatin. 

Gallatin's schedule was already filled out mostly before the new alignment was announced.  The big Sumner County schools all agreed to play each other and keep the rivalries intact.  Springfield has been on the schedule for years as had Mt Juliet.  So basically if you called really early you might have gotten the Wilson Central spot but I doubt it considering they have a history with Gallatin and PC does not.  For the record Gallatin wants to stay away from the metro teams because of lack of gate which they are already having to deal with within their own region.  I know Pearl Cohn travels and all that, hey no disrespect but you are a metro team and not one of the larger ones so you are gonna get grouped in with them.  Face it you are not getting scheduled in front of larger schools that have a good fan base, your just not.  No offense you have a good team and saying we have not played anybody is laughable seeing how for the past 2 years you played that same Springfield squad in the regular season and the playoffs and now we haven't played anybody.  C'mon man!!  That does not fly.  I am done with this foolish conversation.  Good luck to Pearl Cohn this year, I have no reason to hate on y'all and no disrespect.  We just have too many things that do not add up in justifying a matchup while others fit the bill better.  I will let you carry on with the other Gallatin poster but just know, I have nothing but respect for your program.  

3 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

In my eyes Republic looked better then station camp when we played. At least they moved the ball. 8-2 with Cpa,Cordova,Marshall county and Cookeville left? Then the rivalry metro games? O yea and while you bashing us about republic make sure the say the samething to that Oakland team that play them this week! I dont understand whats so bad about dropping down and playing. GOOD Teams out west and East do it. 

Not only was Station Camp horrible, they dropped 22 points on them. SC didn't even come close to scoring on PC.

3 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

In my opinion you're going 8-2. Dropping either CPA or Cookeville, then Cordova. Not that this matters, gotta play the games. Just what I think.  Well see once the games play out. And yea you can play who you want, but Republic isnt a good football team in any way, shape or form. There isnt a way to sugarcoat that team. I will have to respectfully disagree about Republic being as good as Station Camp...And I have mentioned Oakland playing them too BTW. And firebird, Pearl Cohn has a great football team, and we would probably play some good games. But this perception that schools are scared of putting them on a schedule is stretching. And really if anybody read what I said in my first post mentioning Pearl Cohn, I said we would see if they are the real deal in these next two games they have. Is that not the truth? Win them, you are a serious contender,  drop both, and we all don't know. I never came in here saying Pearl Cohn was no good. I came in here saying that Hillsboro is still a top 3 metro team this year.

If you look at what I said, going 9-1 or as you say 8-2 Don't matter! If PC don't reach Cookeville in Dec it's an failed season for us. Now let's get to why PC played Republic, brunetti reached out to several to 5A and 6A teams all decline. Now everybody knows for last 3 years or so our first game is always played at vandy. Either against East or Hillsboro East in our district now and you know Hillsboro stopped our matchup. So with that being said PC was goin with 9 games this season. If you look at we added Republic month before the season so that's how Republic came in on week zero. Far as teams being scared never said all teams just the ones I mention!  You know who you are talking bout gate when PC fans travel. No you didn't say PC wasn't good you just threw salt on our schedule when Brunetti reached out to several good teams to fill that spot. Not fair to our seniors to just play 9 games so yeah that's how Republic came in, much respect to them cause they didn't use the gate excuse...lol

Edited by FIREBIRD80

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin's schedule was already filled out mostly before the new alignment was announced.  The big Sumner County schools all agreed to play each other and keep the rivalries intact.  Springfield has been on the schedule for years as had Mt Juliet.  So basically if you called really early you might have gotten the Wilson Central spot but I doubt it considering they have a history with Gallatin and PC does not.  For the record Gallatin wants to stay away from the metro teams because of lack of gate which they are already having to deal with within their own region.  I know Pearl Cohn travels and all that, hey no disrespect but you are a metro team and not one of the larger ones so you are gonna get grouped in with them.  Face it you are not getting scheduled in front of larger schools that have a good fan base, your just not.  No offense you have a good team and saying we have not played anybody is laughable seeing how for the past 2 years you played that same Springfield squad in the regular season and the playoffs and now we haven't played anybody.  C'mon man!!  That does not fly.  I am done with this foolish conversation.  Good luck to Pearl Cohn this year, I have no reason to hate on y'all and no disrespect.  We just have too many things that do not add up in justifying a matchup while others fit the bill better.  I will let you carry on with the other Gallatin poster but just know, I have nothing but respect for your program.  

Springfield was in our district had to play them! Not here to say anything bad bout SF good people over there. But get on here talking bout someone's schedule when your own isn't up to par is crazy to me. Far as catching y'all early pretty sure we did cause one of our assistant coaches born and raised in Gallatin and also coached there. But like you said GATES reason teams won't play even though you said PC travels...smh

Edited by FIREBIRD80

2 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Springfield was in our district had to play them! Not here to say anything bad bout SF good people over there. But get on here talking bout someone's schedule when your own isn't up to par is crazy to me. Far as catching y'all early pretty sure we did cause one of our assistant coaches born and raised in Gallatin and also coached there. But like you said GATES reason teams won't play even though you said PC travels...smh

I never said anything about PC's schedule.  Find my post where I did?  

Another reason Gallatin would have nothing to do with PC "IS" because of that coach.  He was a great player but he tried to undermine Lassiter, tell parents to send their kids to Station Camp and was asked never to return to the football field while trying to recruit players to JP2.  I would imagine any phone call from him, if he would even try was met with an immediate hang up.  

Again.  Hope you have a good season.  

27 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I never said anything about PC's schedule.  Find my post where I did?  

Another reason Gallatin would have nothing to do with PC "IS" because of that coach.  He was a great player but he tried to undermine Lassiter, tell parents to send their kids to Station Camp and was asked never to return to the football field while trying to recruit players to JP2.  I would imagine any phone call from him, if he would even try was met with an immediate hang up.  

Again.  Hope you have a good season.  

So it's personal now and not Gates? 

4 hours ago, bigchief said:

I really don't know how anyone could say Station Camp is a quality opponent when they lost to Antioch.

I just read everything once over. Name who said they were a quality opponent? Cause I know the only thing I said was that they are better than Republic. That's not saying a lot. And definitely doesn't make them a quality opponent. Well for this year anyways

2 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

So it's personal now and not Gates? 

Like I said before, there are a lot more teams that fit the bill better than Pearl Cohn.  Let me ask you a question, why is Gallatin all of the sudden getting scrutinized for their schedule and not signing PC and Wilson Central, Beech, Hendersonville, Henry Co, Springfield, Mt Juliet, Lebanon, Dickson Co, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Smyrna, LaVergne, Centennial, Franklin, Shelbyville, Oakland, Riverdale, siegel, Stewart's Creek, Tullahoma, Lincoln Co, Columbia, Blackman, Page, Franklin Co, Warren Co, Coffee Co and Summit are not?  Is it only because someone from Gallatin fed into your analysis or what?  Plain and simple man, Brentwood Aca, MBA, Ensworth, Alcoa, or even Whitehaven would love to have you on their schedule and not have to go outta state to get games.  Take your choice.  Multiple reasons exist why Gallatin did not seek you out for a game. Sorry I do not see it happening anytime soon.  Make excuses for us if you must but our schedule was full and I really doubt you will be on the top of the list next time.