Metro Rankings

bleacher

6 hours ago, bigchief said:

It was a priority at East and still got shot down. Try again.

East is having to travel 3/4 of a mile down the road to practice on a softball field at East Park. That includes crossing a very busy Gallatin Road. The school is landlocked and has no area available for a practice field.  If any school needed turf it is East.  It was denied.

Why they going there when it's land all around their school?? What about Ross? 

17 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Why they going there when it's land all around their school?? What about Ross? 

There is no green space at Ross. Even their playground is tiny. There is no green space anywhere at East that is remotely large enough to practice football. It is either East Park or the softball field at Douglas park behind Meigs.

Meigs has soccer on their field. Not going to bump a school from their own field. East went over to the middle school at Bailey to practice up until school started but now the middle school team has use of their own field.

When the "new" Ross was built, that ended any hopes of ball fields. Soccer travels to Metro Center to practice and play. Baseball and softball travel to Shelby Park to play games. Baseball practices at Cleveland Park.  All require transportation and logistical problems. It is not like you can leave anything out there for the next day. Anything you want to use you have to carry each day. Kinda makes a blocking sled out of the question.

19 minutes ago, bigchief said:

There is no green space at Ross. Even their playground is tiny. There is no green space anywhere at East that is remotely large enough to practice football. It is either East Park or the softball field at Douglas park behind Meigs.

Meigs has soccer on their field. Not going to bump a school from their own field. East went over to the middle school at Bailey to practice up until school started but now the middle school team has use of their own field.

When the "new" Ross was built, that ended any hopes of ball fields. Soccer travels to Metro Center to practice and play. Baseball and softball travel to Shelby Park to play games. Baseball practices at Cleveland Park.  All require transportation and logistical problems. It is not like you can leave anything out there for the next day. Anything you want to use you have to carry each day. Kinda makes a blocking sled out of the question.

Well dang...It seems like they would have at least made a area where they could practice in the planning of the new stadium.

1 hour ago, bigchief said:

If you have been to East, you know right away how bad the parking situation is. Cars will have to park all over the neighborhood for a East home football game.

Sounds like they were better off without an on campus stadium. 

Edited by fb247
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

After this week I'd say top three are McGacock,PC, and CR. After that I don't know if its even worth mentioning.

I agree with PC and CR are the best but neither  but I'm not high on mcgavock .... I watched this game today and Antioch is just bad and so are the other two teams they beat. Idk if the raiders have been battle tested