Metro Rankings

bleacher

7 hours ago, PoleCat56 said:

I agree with PC and CR are the best but neither  but I'm not high on mcgavock .... I watched this game today and Antioch is just bad and so are the other two teams they beat. Idk if the raiders have been battle tested 

That RB fof McG is a bad man!!! 

Edited by FBfan26

11 hours ago, workinprogress said:

After this week I'd say top three are McGacock,PC, and CR. After that I don't know if its even worth mentioning.

Do you really think Mcgavock is sitting there at 3-0 with Hillsboro's first three games they have played??? Hmm. Don't write off Hillsboro just because they are 1-2 With losses to the absolute best team in state no matter classification Brentwood Academy, and a 3-0 Gallatin team. Yes Hillsboro is still in the top three of Metro publics this year no doubt. Not worth mentioning you say? Yeah, I bet you wouldn't want to mention Hillsboro's strength of schedule compared to some others either lol.

In fact after looking at your top three metro schools and who all they have played thus far, Hillsboro is 3-0 or 2-1 with every single one of their schedules easily. We are going to find out if Pearl Cohn is the real deal this week vs 3-0 CPA, and the following week vs 3-0 Cookeville. Jury is still out on Cane Ridge as well sitting at 2-1 with a decent win vs Marshall County, a win against a terrible 0-3 Lavergne team, and a bad loss vs a pretty good Brentwood team. As for Mcgavock, I also think they have good potential,  but still need to see a real good quality win before saying too much about them. Beat 0-3 Lebanon and struggled vs them, and beat 0-3 Antioch. Beat a pretty good Maplewood, but you're supposed to win that game if you are 6A Mcgavock.

Edited by thegreatone36

I'm not counting Hillsboro out. I still think they win several games this year if they play to their potential. They have had a tough schedule. BA would beat every metro team. Gallatin looks to be having a great year. I get that. McGavock has not played a tough schedule but they won the games they should have and are undefeated. At this point I would have PC at 1, CR at 2, and McGavock 3. It changes week to week. I have a hard time putting a 1-2 team over and undefeated team. That's just me. Momentum is everything. McGavock is riding it right now. Hillsboro should win several games but how will the kids respond. The jury is out on them as well. Just my opinion.

7 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

In fact after looking at your top three metro schools and who all they have played thus far, Hillsboro is 3-0 or 2-1 with every single one of their schedules easily. We are going to find out if Pearl Cohn is the real deal this week vs 3-0 CPA, and the following week vs 3-0 Cookeville. Jury is still out on Cane Ridge as well sitting at 2-1 with a decent win vs Marshall County, a win against a terrible 0-3 Lavergne team, and a bad loss vs a pretty good Brentwood team. As for Mcgavock, I also think they have good potential,  but still need to see a real good quality win before saying too much about them. Beat 0-3 Lebanon and struggled vs them, and beat 0-3 Antioch. Beat a pretty good Maplewood, but you're supposed to win that game if you are 6A Mcgavock.

We don't have anything to prove! We can go 9-1 again but if we fail to make Cookeville in Dec it's busted season. That's difference between PC and everyone else. No disrespect to no other teams either just how it is this year and probably next year also.

15 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Do you really think Mcgavock is sitting there at 3-0 with Hillsboro's first three games they have played??? Hmm. Don't write off Hillsboro just because they are 1-2 With losses to the absolute best team in state no matter classification Brentwood Academy, and a 3-0 Gallatin team. Yes Hillsboro is still in the top three of Metro publics this year no doubt. Not worth mentioning you say? Yeah, I bet you wouldn't want to mention Hillsboro's strength of schedule compared to some others either lol.

Only good team Hillsboro has played so far is BA!! Just being real Gallatin hasn't  played anybody worth talking bout. So really Hillsboro schedule is no different than Pearl Cohn. Yeah I know you gone say PC played Republic but before you do ask yourself how many teams PC tried to put in that spot including Gallatin. 

Edited by FIREBIRD80

Oh but let me guess, if we dropped down and played 3a Pearl Cohn, we would have finally played somebody worth talking about after all these years....lol. And yeah youre exactly right Im going to bring up you guys putting teams on your schedule like 1A republic. Thats terrible. You act like Pearl Cohn hits up EVERY good 5a/6a program and they all are scared to play you. They're not scared, and your program isn't reaching out to all the teams that you would like to think they are. And Gallatin is always going to schedule the teams out of their old 9AAA district because thats what they always do. They have room for 5 non regions and they put in Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Springfield, Station Camp. All teams that they traditionally play. You can guarantee that by the time Pearl Cohn "reached out" that Gallatins schedule was already set in stone. You're talking about our 3 wins...Only one team we played that's "bad" was Station Camp. Yet they are STILL a better football team than your big opening win over 1A Republic and your other non quality win against Giles County. The only real competition you've played so far, you got smashed. Check your own schedule out before you try and talk about ours. Also, you will be wrong on going 9-1 just watch. I'm seeing 8-2 with your remaining schedule.

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

Oh but let me guess, if we dropped down and played 3a Pearl Cohn, we would have finally played somebody worth talking about after all these years....lol. And yeah youre exactly right Im going to bring up you guys putting teams on your schedule like 1A republic. Thats terrible. You act like Pearl Cohn hits up EVERY good 5a/6a program and they all are scared to play you. They're not scared, and your program isn't reaching out to all the teams that you would like to think they are. And Gallatin is always going to schedule the teams out of their old 9AAA district because thats what they always do. They have room for 5 non regions and they put in Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Springfield, Station Camp. All teams that they traditionally play. You can guarantee that by the time Pearl Cohn "reached out" that Gallatins schedule was already set in stone. You're talking about our 3 wins...Only one team we played that's "bad" was Station Camp. Yet they are STILL a better football team than your big opening win over 1A Republic and your other non quality win against Giles County. The only real competition you've played so far, you got smashed. Check your own schedule out before you try and talk about ours. Also, you will be wrong on going 9-1 just watch. I'm seeing 8-2 with your remaining schedule.

In my eyes Republic looked better then station camp when we played. At least they moved the ball. 8-2 with Cpa,Cordova,Marshall county and Cookeville left? Then the rivalry metro games? O yea and while you bashing us about republic make sure the say the samething to that Oakland team that play them this week! I dont understand whats so bad about dropping down and playing. GOOD Teams out west and East do it. 

Edited by FBfan26