Metro Rankings

bleacher

Until MNPS figure out a way to get kids home after athletic practices you will continue to see numbers drop.  The simple facts are that many students do not participate in extra curricular activities because they DO NOT have a ride home after practice.  In many other cities around the country schools have an activity bus that provides transportation to ALL STUDENTS that participate in after school activities.  I have always said that if kids are on an athletic field or in a smelly gym they are not out getting into trouble.  Transportation would be less expensive than jail!

53 minutes ago, cbg said:

Why should those enrollment numbers not count?  If two schools co-op for athletics the enrollment numbers from both schools should be combined and the total should be used for TSSAA classification purposes.  The enrollment numbers from both MLK & Pearl Cohn should be combined for football classification within the TSSAA. 

Another issue is that the TSSAA should allow schools to play up in classification in some sports and where the enrollment numbers dictate for other sports.  Example; if a Class A school is great in basketball but only average in baseball they should be allowed to play in the highest classification in basketball if requested but where the enrollment numbers fall out in baseball.  

This is like beating a dead horse with some of you guys in this Co-op thing. PC is not the only Co-op School in Metro Nor the state. When PC was 3-7 MLK was still there. PC normally plays up a class but when we drop down this year it seems like it was a big deal. Funny that when we was in 4a saying that 4a was weak there's no good ball in for 4a and we're running from the 3a teams and Alcoa. People like you say PC should be playing in 6a"The smallest metro school" Now moving away from Pc the big problem would be you have schools who do coops and not winning nothing or they do win but there in a smaller divisions. Some of them 2a who be bumped up to 4a schools and programs would die from 1-15 players. What everybody came to a conclusion on here in another post was that it will be multiple lawsuits also about denying kids to play. Then how would your fairly add that to each school who coops? Rememer we are not just talking about football because you have basketball, wrestling,soccer,swimming etc.

12 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I know that MLK co-op with Pearl-Cohn in football.  If several other Metro schools try this approach you'd best believe there will be an outcry of schools wanting those co-op school totals counting against enrollment numbers.  

We're not the only Co-op School in metro

56 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Stupid statement. Very unprofessional practice by some. Should be banned from coaching. 

Remember we talked about this before it's a problem Nationwide. Not in just football. Most recent the Ensworth kid who grew up here in Nashville leaving to go to play at Memphis east. Now as far as your other statement I can actually see Glencliff doing something like that. Whites Creek I cannot. Antioch just need the right coachs and this school will be a gold mine

Edited by FBfan26

40 minutes ago, cbg said:

Until MNPS figure out a way to get kids home after athletic practices you will continue to see numbers drop.  The simple facts are that many students do not participate in extra curricular activities because they DO NOT have a ride home after practice.  In many other cities around the country schools have an activity bus that provides transportation to ALL STUDENTS that participate in after school activities.  I have always said that if kids are on an athletic field or in a smelly gym they are not out getting into trouble.  Transportation would be less expensive than jail!

Lot of coaches do carry kids home. I think every Metro school has a bus and a driver. I think there is as much apathy with some coaches as kids. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Remember we talked about this before it's a problem Nationwide. Not in just football. Most recent the Ensworth kid who grew up here in Nashville leaving to go to play at Memphis east.

I am not concerned about nationwide, just Metro. It is wrong wherever it occurs. I know it is nationwide. It just shows me that coaches want at win at all and every cost and not just coach the kids that are wanting to be in their building.

Edited by fb247

3 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I am not concerned about nationwide, just Metro. It is wrong wherever it occurs. I know it is nationwide. It just shows me that coaches want at win at all and every cost and not just coach the kids that are wanting to be in their building.

First time we ever agreed on something lol and different era. Heck you see the ncaa. Everybody job is on the line.

34 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

This is like beating a dead horse with some of you guys in this Co-op thing. PC is not the only Co-op School in Metro Nor the state. When PC was 3-7 MLK was still there. PC normally plays up a class but when we drop down this year it seems like it was a big deal. Funny that when we was in 4a saying that 4a was weak there's no good ball in for 4a and we're running from the 3a teams and Alcoa. People like you say PC should be playing in 6a"The smallest metro school" Now moving away from Pc the big problem would be you have schools who do coops and not winning nothing or they do win but there in a smaller divisions. Some of them 2a who be bumped up to 4a schools and programs would die from 1-15 players. What everybody came to a conclusion on here in another post was that it will be multiple lawsuits also about denying kids to play. Then how would your fairly add that to each school who coops? Rememer we are not just talking about football because you have basketball, wrestling,soccer,swimming etc.

Right!!! Move PC to 6A for maybe 8 players from MLK, yeah that makes since.

35 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

PC is doing nothing wrong with kids from MLK. Neither is HIllwood with Hume-Fogg kids. If Glencliff for example can't field a team with enough players then I could see eliminating football there and allowing kids to go play at closest school.

9 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

if you aint recruiting you aint trying #MetroPolicy

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

Stupid statement. Very unprofessional practice by some. Should be banned from coaching. 

You must be associated at a school that loses kids. I never said I agree with the practice but this has been happening for years and it will never go away just face the facts jack! Recruiting parents is the issue not kids. The parents will send their kid where a program is in stable condition and their child can compete. I don't understand why you guys act as if this is a new issue. PC will always get kids because year in year out they go far in the playoffs and their kids go off to college .