Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 10/21/2017 at 4:10 PM, PoleCat56 said:

I think the top 4 teams will be the only ones to advance to the second round of the playoffs ....how does East Nashville continue to under achieve ? Page at Hillwood still doesn't great job on my eyes with what he deals with .and mcgavock is still a subpar team after seeing what I saw yesterday vs CR , .. I'm really at a loss for words at what's happening at Overton... Wil there be any openings in metro after this season ?

Out of 3a I seriously think East and Stratford has a chance to make it to the 2nd with the teams there matched up with

7 hours ago, cbg said:

Let's remember that Kurt Page (Hillwood) is not your average MNPS football coach.  He won a state championship at Father Ryan and has also coached and done well in Houston, TX and Georgia.  Page is doing more with less talent than most every coach in Middle Tennessee and should be a the top of any schools wish list looking for a head coach.

But do you really think he will leave since he will have a new school new stadium Etc in a year or so?

12 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

But do you really think he will leave since he will have a new school new stadium Etc in a year or so?

A year or so? LOL. They have been working on the football stadium at Glencliff for 2 years and  still haven't finished. East and Overton are still not done either. Do you really think Hillwood's new building AND facilities will be ready in a year or two? Believe it when I see it.

16 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Have money will travel!

Yes, I feel as if he would leave for the right situation.  Do I feel as if he would leave for a job like McGavock, Hunters Lane, Antioch, etc... no I do not.  Why leave for the same issues that you have at your current school.  On the public school side I feel as if Kurt would do well at schools such as Gallatin, Dickson County, Indy, Franklin, etc...  Kids like to play for KP because he has a wide open offense and allows the players to get after it of the defense side of the ball.  Kurt typically has a large roster and that makes the administration happy.  The school that missed the ship was Franklin Road Academy when they would not allow KP to be both the athletic director and head football coach.  

Another place  where I feel Kurt would be very successful is at the small college level.  Cumberland, Sewanee, Rhodes are all small private schools that recruit out of Middle Tennessee.  Allowed to hire the right staff KP could win and win big at one of those schools.  

Edited by cbg

1 hour ago, bigchief said:

A year or so? LOL. They have been working on the football stadium at Glencliff for 2 years and  still haven't finished. East and Overton are still not done either. Do you really think Hillwood's new building AND facilities will be ready in a year or two? Believe it when I see it.

You must haven't rode pass and seen the new school.

Edited by FBfan26

38 minutes ago, cbg said:

Have money will travel!

Yes, I feel as if he would leave for the right situation.  Do I feel as if he would leave for a job like McGavock, Hunters Lane, Antioch, etc... no I do not.  Why leave for the same issues that you have at your current school.  On the public school side I feel as if Kurt would do well at schools such as Gallatin, Dickson County, Indy, Franklin, etc...  Kids like to play for KP because he has a wide open offense and allows the players to get after it of the defense side of the ball.  Kurt typically has a large roster and that makes the administration happy.  The school that missed the ship was Franklin Road Academy when they would not allow KP to be both the athletic director and head football coach.  

Another place that Kurt Page where I feel Kurt would be very successful is at the small college level.  Cumberland, Sewanee, Rhodes are all small private schools that recruit out of Middle Tennessee.  Allowed to hire the right staff KP could win and win big at one of those schools.  

If the kids love playing for him then what's going on? There's a lot of football kids in HW who don't play. What problems is he having at HW? I'm just curious. I didnt know anything about Kurt untill I seen people posting. I've seen people go in schools with no talent and in 2 years they're a playoff team. What holding him back

Edited by FBfan26

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

If the kids love playing for him then what's going on? There's a lot of football kids in HW who don't play. What problems is he having at HW? I'm just curious. I didnt know anything about Kurt untill I seen people posting. I've seen people go in schools with no talent and in 2 years they're a playoff team. What holding him back

Hillwood has very few big strong athletes to select from.  The Hillwood and West Meade neighborhoods that surround the school are private school neighborhoods.  Just an educated guess but roughly 70% or more of the students that live around Hillwood attend MBA, Father Ryan, Brentwood Academy, CPA, USN, Franklin Road Academy, Nashville Christian, David Lipscomb, etc...  This not only hurts Hillwood by not getting most all the good athletes in their zone but they also miss out on the parents and business leaders support those students would bring into the school.  To the best of my knowledge Hillwood does poorly in all sports and that is due to having very few athletes in the school.  

2 hours ago, cbg said:

Hillwood has very few big strong athletes to select from.  The Hillwood and West Meade neighborhoods that surround the school are private school neighborhoods.  Just an educated guess but roughly 70% or more of the students that live around Hillwood attend MBA, Father Ryan, Brentwood Academy, CPA, USN, Franklin Road Academy, Nashville Christian, David Lipscomb, etc...  This not only hurts Hillwood by not getting most all the good athletes in their zone but they also miss out on the parents and business leaders support those students would bring into the school.  To the best of my knowledge Hillwood does poorly in all sports and that is due to having very few athletes in the school.  

Never really thought about it like that but now that you said that I can totally agree

End of regular season ranking

1 Pearl Cohn now crank it up and win that gold ball

2 Cane Ridge another great season, amazing what the right coach can do for a school

3 Hillsboro will be a tough out in the playoffs, much improved second half of season

4 McGavock nice improvement from last season

5 Maplewood tough kids, could make a deep playoff run

6 Hillwood congratulation s on making playoffs

7 East talented but underachieves

8 Stratford 

9 Overton

10 Whites Creek

11 Antioch

12 Hunters Lane

13 Glencliff