William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

Here's where I'll give you credit. Your team was picked to finish last in the conference. Obviously that's not going to happen. You guys have had a pretty rough go at it the past several years so you finally went out and got you a coach. So tell me, has the coaching made a difference yet or are you just getting better athletes? I know there was a major mismatch in coaching last night. Up here they say it's the kids fault. DB just doesn't have the athletes anymore or it's a down year and they'll get better sort of thing. Seems like DB is starting to loose a lot of players to transfer and some good ones just quitting. I know I here a lot of the chatter about you losing players to Maryville in the past but do you see a difference with the new coaching staff and maybe more players wanting to stay at home because of it? As for as laying the wood to you receivers, well I think the proper way to defend the pass would be to actually prevent the receiver from catching the ball by knocking the ball away. You allow the receiver the position to make the catch and then you hope you can hit him hard enough to knock the ball out. And thats a hit from a 150lb. defensive back. Here's the way DB has always played pass defense. They line up 10 yards off the receiver, stand there and let the receiver run by them, let the receiver make the catch, then try and tackle him. That's it in a nutshell.

The Govs have had athletes, but they haven't had a winning attitude. Most Govs teams from the past would have folded like a cheap tent after giving up a td on the opening kickoff and falling behind 21-7, but they didn't last night. Coach has been saying over and over that the Govs need to get into the mindset that losing is unacceptable after putting in so much hard work. I think that message finally got through to them last night.

The Govs have had athletes, but they haven't had a winning attitude. Most Govs teams from the past would have folded like a cheap tent after giving up a td on the opening kickoff and falling behind 21-7, but they didn't last night. Coach has been saying over and over that the Govs need to get into the mindset that losing is unacceptable after putting in so much hard work. I think that message finally got through to them last night.

You just made wacos point

You just made wacos point

He actually asked if I thought coaching was the difference or if WB had more players now. I think the players have been there, but they havent believed they could win. A coach can do everything right, but the players have still got to go out, believe in themselves, and execute. They finally did that last night. Hopefully, they will build on this and make it a habit to play with the confidence they played with last night. Edited by Governors91

He actually asked if I thought coaching was the difference or if WB had more players now. I think the players have been there, but they havent believed they could win. A coach can do everything right, but the players have still got to go out, believe in themselves, and execute. They finally did that last night. Hopefully, they will build on this and make it a habit to play with the confidence they played with last night.

I'm trying to say. The coaches got that out of them. Coaching and being successful is more than x's and o's. A big part of it is mental attitude. Thats what your coaches have done. It's coaching.......every time.

Just got the Daily Times expecting to see a big article about the Govs, and there was only a small one buried in the back of the sports pages. There wasn't any pictures or stats or anything.What the heck? The Daily Times dropped the ball again.

I would go up to the Daily Times Monday and call out the manager and sports editor and ask for my dollar back .

No, I'm being serious.    Even a bad DB team goes thru the Big7 like a knife thru hot butter.    Except maybe the Hill.   In the old Big7 this years DB team would be 8-2 at a minimum.

So what DB fan is going to be happy beating Volunteer 45-0 and then getting beat by a 5-5 6A team in the first round of the playoffs? The same coaches will be there next year. 

So what DB fan is going to be happy beating Volunteer 45-0 and then getting beat by a 5-5 6A team in the first round of the playoffs? The same coaches will be there next year. 

I think the average, emphasis on average, fan would be great with the above scenario.

True football fans know better or course, but there are more of them than they are of us..