Ravenwood vs Mt Juliet

BKisler

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it hard for everyone to understand this is just not a very good MJ team?

Are they really that bad?

They are 1-2.

Win against Gallatin (2-1) 26-6

Loss against Cane Ridge (3-0) 19-27

Loss against Ravenwood (2-1) 12-7

Gallatin looks pretty decent so far. Cane Ridge is a good football team. Ravenwood lost a lot but still has talent.

Mt. Juliet started off 0-3 last year against those same 3 teams and then won 5 in a row.

I expect them to do something similar here as well. They will beat Franklin County, Lebanon, Antioch and probably McGavock. They will likely have a tough games against Overton and Wilson Central.

Are they really that bad?

They are 1-2.

Win against Gallatin (2-1) 26-6

Loss against Cane Ridge (3-0) 19-27

Loss against Ravenwood (2-1) 12-7

Gallatin looks pretty decent so far. Cane Ridge is a good football team. Ravenwood lost a lot but still has talent.

Mt. Juliet started off 0-3 last year against those same 3 teams and then won 5 in a row.

I expect them to do something similar here as well. They will beat Franklin County, Lebanon, Antioch and probably McGavock. They will likely have a tough games against Overton and Wilson Central.

I guess it's not if you're happy with 4-6 or 5-5. Franklin County, Lebanon and Antioch aren't exactly quality wins. Just not what I believe MJ supporters would call a good season. If I'm wrong, the state of the program may be worse than I had assumed. I personally don't think anyone associated with the program would be happy with that.

Mount Juliet is good and will be fine. People are seem to ignore the fact that Ravenwood is being underestimated this season. I would love to have the Brentwood game back, but I wanted the Centennial game back last year and look what happened afterwards. Defense played lights out tonight. Offense may have some rust to shake off, but that's ok. The o line is experienced and the receiving core is DEEP. Any problems that exist have until December to be fixed. There may be a lot of new faces this year, but I wouldn't bet against this team.

I guess it's not if you're happy with 4-6 or 5-5. Franklin County, Lebanon and Antioch aren't exactly quality wins. Just not what I believe MJ supporters would call a good season. If I'm wrong, the state of the program may be worse than I had assumed. I personally don't think anyone associated with the program would be happy with that.

Well what should be a reasonable expectation on a yearly basis?

Mt. Juliet's record the last 15 years is 96-75. Which averages out to something like 6-5.

Well what should be a reasonable expectation on a yearly basis?

Mt. Juliet's record the last 15 years is 96-75. Which averages out to something like 6-5.

. There were several years of really good football. I don't know the reason, but it's not there right now. I know a lot of people say it's TP, but I don't think so. With 2000+ kids the product should be better. With the schedule they're playing this year I just don't think .500 is a good season.

Every school in 6A has a huge enrollment. Lebanon has around 2,000 kids and they couldn't beat a drum.

It's Lebanon. Really? That said, I think they should be much better too. Let's not get away from the fact that MJ should be much better. If 5-5 makes everyone at MJ happy,so be it. I wouldn't be content with it, as a coach or fan.