AP Class 1A Top 10

Southtowner

Completely agree with Swo. I'd rather not even be ranked & have something to prove week in & week out. Our players have to stay humble & can't get cocky because cockiness will keep you out of Cookeville. Rang has got to get control of the penalties & those more concerned about me rather than the team before we get to the playoffs or it will cost us in the big games. Go Lions!

Agree.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree with Swo. I'd rather not even be ranked & have something to prove week in & week out. Our players have to stay humble & can't get cocky because cockiness will keep you out of  Cookeville. Rang has got to get control of the penalties & those more concerned about me rather than the team before we get to the playoffs or it will cost us in the big games. Go Lions!

You are like me and remember the last time Dresden was ranked #1 and undefeated going into last game of regular season. Huntingdon took our boys behind the woodshed and gave us a good spanking. Woke the boys up and we made it to semi-finals until Adamsville ended our season.

I don't care what anybody says it is week 3 and until East and West play in the championship game there is no real way to truly know if there are 5 better teams in the West. Just how close does an East team have to get in the championship for anyone to say they might be #2 or 3, etc. Heaven forbid the East wins then what, the West team just played bad. Where is the East pride? I bet Region 2 teams are all playing for a chance to go prove what they got and I bet if you ask any of them if they make it out of the East and represent in Cookeville they are going to win not just concede. Here's to the East! Bring that Gold ball back to the hills!

It wasn't many years ago that those of us from the West were on here saying the very same thing about the East.

Ambassador's Class 1A Poll

1. Union City

2. Dresden

3. Wayne County

4. Nashville Christian

5. Huntingdon

6. Greenback

7. South Pittsburg

8. Trousdale County

9. Columbia Academy

10. Harriman

While I appreciate the #5 spot for Huntingdon, I wouldn't necessarily put them above anybody from the East just yet.... We've got some pretty big question marks, and we haven't even played a real game.

Sonny Moore Computer Power Ratings  Class 1A Top 15

StateRank/Team                                              Record      SOS      PR

37 UNION CITY                                       1A     2   0   0    96.64   127.51

54 NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN                     1A     1   1   0    92.22   123.59

83 DRESDEN                                         1A     2   0   0    87.11   115.68

89 HUNTINGDON                                   1A     0   0   0    00.00   114.05

91 GREENBACK                                     1A     2   0   0    91.06   113.69

101 COLUMBIA ACADEMY                       1A     0   0   0    00.00   111.70

117 WAYNE COUNTY                              1A     2   0   0    87.25   109.13

152 PEABODY                                          1A     1   1   0    84.21   103.58

154 SOUTH PITTSBURG                            1A     1   1   0    95.14   103.54

171 FAYETTEVILLE                                    1A     2   0   0    97.33   101.21

175 HARRIMAN                                         1A     2   0   0    78.82   100.59

181 TROUSDALE COUNTY                          1A     2   0   0    71.54    99.33

192 COALFIELD                                         1A     2   0   0    70.93    97.91

228 HUMBOLDT                                         1A     1   1   0   102.70    90.14

234 MIDDLE TENNESSEE CHRISTIAN          1A     2   0   0    73.92    89.34

Edited by Southtowner