WB vs Maryville Middle school tonight. Predicted scores and offers

32hammer

It really is a genius system. win or lose at the youth/MS level those kids are being prepared with verbage and terminology that fits the high school. 

Is it really true that 7-12 year olds are running GQ's offense?  Give those youth coaches a raise, they are getting their kids to comprehend a lot more than I could ever get my players to comprehend.  Maybe that is why I got fired.....lol

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really true that 7-12 year olds are running GQ's offense? Give those youth coaches a raise, they are getting their kids to comprehend a lot more than I could ever get my players to comprehend. Maybe that is why I got fired.....lol

Jake we start out in week one teaching to chip the DT with our ends moving on to the on side LB leaving the DE unblocked. Then the QB's simply read the ear hole of the DE, if he can see it he keeps if he can't he gives.... Either that or we spend 3 weeks on left from right and 3 point stances lol. I think we've talked about this before

So much changes from middle school to high school that 

No one's throwing anything at your kids. There is a combination of things from kids on the midget team that would have been great to have all the way from kids playing out of position. I've talked to two different people that have kids on that team that don't know each other and told me the same stuff. There is so much that changes between junior high and high school in the the maturity of a kid that things totally change three years later.  I could name you a hundred kids that didn't play diddly at the junior high that have been big time players at the high school and the most resent was Kelby Brock who owns most of the pass receiving records. This year one player that comes to mind is Michael Hall. One of the biggest ever was Carl Stewart. That's why I don't give it much thought what happens at that level. Even if there are a group that may be weaker than most GQ can usually salvage the thing and make some good players in the end. Do you know up until this week has been the first time the junior high schedule has been posted and I checked last week and it wasn't. Years ago Alcoa hung 60 points on Maryville in a junior high game and the same kids turned it around and won against the same group when they were seniors and a heck of a lot to do with it was the fact some kids developed faster than others. I do hate it when the kids lose like they are right now but as I said a couple of days ago on a post that's it's nothing GQ can't fix.

yep there are several issues at play here. When someone says that the kids arent doing well or other remarks regarding the team ,u just need to remember where they are. They did hold AMS to 6pts in the first half. Couldnt manage it in the 2nd however. It is a pretty good bunch of boys they are just up against it. I will always defender the kids.

yep there are several issues at play here. When someone says that the kids arent doing well or other remarks regarding the team ,u just need to remember where they are. They did hold AMS to 6pts in the first half. Couldnt manage it in the 2nd however. It is a pretty good bunch of boys they are just up against it. I will always defender the kids

Since I've been out of school most people know me as one of the regulars that attend the games at the high school and even the junior high because I do love football and always want to support the school I played for. It don't matter what road I travel during the day that someone don't pop up and ask me a question about the high school team but for some reason I've been ask about the junior high a lot this year which I haven't seen. I would have been there the other night had I known they were playing but as of late last week their info was not on the website but it is now. I want to see them win as much as you but I also love to see who is coming up the ladder. I've talked to a few folks that have kids on the team and most were unhappy over personal issues but I've heard those same things for years so that don't bother me. Things that do bother me are kids that are not playing leaving the others that do holding the bag. I've heard every reason in the world from a few parents why their kids dropped out of ball from being under size, worried about head injuries and the mom that told me her son loved playing Pokemon Go better. It goes all the way back to the time I was at the junior high many moons ago that I can still see some of the best talent in the world just quit playing football for some reason or the other and there are those years you have more of that then others. I do know that the positives outweigh the negatives and I'm not concerned over the record and I did hear someone tell me they did look good the first half also.