Alcoee comes on ovur two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

You know, I don't remember Cobb getting any National Attention, he just worked his tail off.  Why can't you have both? Go to a team loaded with D-1 talent and win championships (Whitehaven, Brentwood Academy , etc.).

Around here, it is more fun to watch a team not loaded with D-1 talent (Maryville) beat teams loaded with D-1 talent (Whitehaven, Catholic, Alcoa, Oakland, etc.).  That's one of the reasons I love following Maryville, perfect combination of a standard of Excellence, Effort and Execution.  People keep doubting and we keep proving them wrong!  

Great pleasure to see a kid playing D-1 or Pro-ball and we say, "yea, we played against him and beat 'em!" Not a bad legacy and a great group of class kids and coaches to call your brothers in battle on the gridiron.  We have beaten the best D-1 talent in the State, now that's fun!

You know, I don't remember Cobb getting any National Attention, he just worked his tail off.  Why can't you have both? Go to a team loaded with D-1 talent and win championships (Whitehaven, Brentwood Academy , etc.).

Around here, it is more fun to watch a team not loaded with D-1 talent (Maryville) beat teams loaded with D-1 talent (Whitehaven, Catholic, Alcoa, Oakland, etc.).  That's one of the reasons I love following Maryville, perfect combination of a standard of Excellence, Effort and Execution.  People keep doubting and we keep proving them wrong!  

Great pleasure to see a kid playing D-1 or Pro-ball and we say, "yea, we played against him and beat 'em!" Not a bad legacy and a great group of class kids and coaches to call your brothers in battle on the gridiron.  We have beaten the best D-1 talent in the State, now that's fun!

One of your best posts ever there Oldhick ! Well said !

You know, I don't remember Cobb getting any National Attention, he just worked his tail off. Why can't you have both? Go to a team loaded with D-1 talent and win championships (Whitehaven, Brentwood Academy , etc.).

Around here, it is more fun to watch a team not loaded with D-1 talent (Maryville) beat teams loaded with D-1 talent (Whitehaven, Catholic, Alcoa, Oakland, etc.). That's one of the reasons I love following Maryville, perfect combination of a standard of Excellence, Effort and Execution. People keep doubting and we keep proving them wrong!

Great pleasure to see a kid playing D-1 or Pro-ball and we say, "yea, we played against him and beat 'em!" Not a bad legacy and a great group of class kids and coaches to call your brothers in battle on the gridiron. We have beaten the best D-1 talent in the State, now that's fun!

Cause everyone is so guno bout middle and west tn bout all that talent, no one else pays any attention to us and the east tn teams.

Maryville has a LB in TD Blackmon that is pick before anyone in middle or west Tn. I believe he is or could be the best LB in the state this year.

Don't even hear much bout Tee or that one WR from Knox Cath. East Tn is full of talent, just doesn't get noticed due to all the hype in the middle parts

Oldhick76. That's great beating teams with d-1 talent, what i was addressing that i notice when watching Maryville the qb, #32, #2, #70 all look like d-1 talent. Quarles isn't about showboating and playing them after halftime when the game is decided. So Maryville d-1 talent doesn't have the stats to back up their play, while other coaches sets their d-1 talent for the future making sure they get noticed. No harm no foul. You Maryville fans are happy the way the rebels program is constructed, i just don't believe that's the right thing to do to win state, but hold the kids playing time back. Look up college tuition, i rather get a scholarship.

1,2, 32 and 70 have visited D-1 programs. Find something else to complain about

If kids are D-1 worthy they are going to get noticed playing a half or a full game. What good is padding stats against an overwhelmed team? Maryville is able to two-platoon practically every year because of the depth that is built by playing as many as possible whenever possible. And the point of Quarles doing it to make himself look better? Ridiculous; I think it is the coaches running the score up that are trying to do that. Not to mention unnecessary injuries that could occur while they are "being noticed". 

You know, I don't remember Cobb getting any National Attention, he just worked his tail off. Why can't you have both? Go to a team loaded with D-1 talent and win championships (Whitehaven, Brentwood Academy , etc.).

Around here, it is more fun to watch a team not loaded with D-1 talent (Maryville) beat teams loaded with D-1 talent (Whitehaven, Catholic, Alcoa, Oakland, etc.). That's one of the reasons I love following Maryville, perfect combination of a standard of Excellence, Effort and Execution. People keep doubting and we keep proving them wrong!

Great pleasure to see a kid playing D-1 or Pro-ball and we say, "yea, we played against him and beat 'em!" Not a bad legacy and a great group of class kids and coaches to call your brothers in battle on the gridiron. We have beaten the best D-1 talent in the State, now that's fun!

great post oldhick

Oldhick76. That's great beating teams with d-1 talent, what i was addressing that i notice when watching Maryville the qb, #32, #2, #70 all look like d-1 talent. Quarles isn't about showboating and playing them after halftime when the game is decided. So Maryville d-1 talent doesn't have the stats to back up their play, while other coaches sets their d-1 talent for the future making sure they get noticed. No harm no foul. You Maryville fans are happy the way the rebels program is constructed, i just don't believe that's the right thing to do to win state, but hold the kids playing time back. Look up college tuition, i rather get a scholarship.

me me me ...

Scouts only look at stats. They never go to games, watch film, hold private practices, camps, talk to coaches, etc. They only look at stats. If you don't hit the magic number then no college for you

Sdot wif tha urlee lead inn post ov ths day.....Eye wood also like two add all this playin' time and stats iz why thes 8th gradurs ere gettin' all thes D-1 offurs....Onlyest thang rong wif thait iz thay ant gott no hi skool stats, like Compy thanks ewe gott two haiv.....  :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS