William Blount Hosts Heritage

GovMan

The problem was much worse under the previous two coaches. In the first three games, the Govs turned the ball over a total of two times, but they turned it over 4 times last night. Shad is a good coach and a good game manager, but the Govs did not execute last night. A coach can do everything under the sun, but the players still have to go out and execute. I think a big part of it was our players going up to Kingsport last week and getting that huge win and thinking they could just show up and win last night. You have to remember that this team hasnt "been there before". They probably got cocky after winning a game like that last week. It takes time for those kind of things to correct themselves. You cant just erase a losing culture overnight.

91 WB has never had the one game at a time metality. Its always been the winning of a game and then its off to the State Chamionship.

All I can say is hammontree has no class take a knee when a players is down on field stupid bonehead there few more things that's going on that I'm not gonna state on here but have some class geeze SMH need to teach your student body and players to have respect enough said Go govs!!!!!!

Reprisal of a cheermom post a few years ago after a WB/ Maryville game.

I don't know when the idea of kneeling during an injury timeout came about. To me it is more important to get the players instruction and hydration during a timeout. Injuries, sadly, are part of the game. I just don't see this disrespect thing.

First: I am glad that Danny is ok, that was a very scary 15-20 minutes that puts things in perspective.

Second:  Congrats to Heritage, you guys are very deserving of the victory.  I have been a Hammontree fan since he has been there, I like the steps he has taken to build that program. I know this victory was sweet, enjoy it for the weekend and go have a great rest of the season.

I don't know much, but a few observations:  As I expected, WB came out flat, but were still able to move the ball pretty well early, We had an opportunity to open up a 3 TD lead early, but mistakes and good Heritage play kept that to a 10-0 score instead of a 21-0 score.  You could see the confidence building for Heritage and from the mid point of the 2nd they just took it to us.

We were outplayed and outcoached in every facet of the game!  For nearly 3 quarters it appeared that  Hammontree knew what play we were running before we ran it, but then we are pretty predictable.  There are many, many question marks after this one, but I will stop right here.

Again, Congrats to Heritage's players, coaches, and fans!!!

First: I am glad that Danny is ok, that was a very scary 15-20 minutes that puts things in perspective.

Second: Congrats to Heritage, you guys are very deserving of the victory. I have been a Hammontree fan since he has been there, I like the steps he has taken to build that program. I know this victory was sweet, enjoy it for the weekend and go have a great rest of the season.

I don't know much, but a few observations: As I expected, WB came out flat, but were still able to move the ball pretty well early, We had an opportunity to open up a 3 TD lead early, but mistakes and good Heritage play kept that to a 10-0 score instead of a 21-0 score. You could see the confidence building for Heritage and from the mid point of the 2nd they just took it to us.

We were outplayed and outcoached in every facet of the game! For nearly 3 quarters it appeared that Hammontree knew what play we were running before we ran it, but then we are pretty predictable. There are many, many question marks after this one, but I will stop right here.

Again, Congrats to Heritage's players, coaches, and fans!!!

Classy post Jake. I always enjoy your posts.

Reprisal of a cheermom post a few years ago after a WB/ Maryville game.

I don't know when the idea of kneeling during an injury timeout came about. To me it is more important to get the players instruction and hydration during a timeout. Injuries, sadly, are part of the game. I just don't see this disrespect thing.

RR posted an interesting article on this before. Maybe he still has the link?