District 9-AA 2016-2017

essencOFtruth

Maybe now we can talk about District Play instead of Region Play since it begins Tomorrow ....

12-6-16

Westmoreland @ Cheatham - Remembered how surprised I was last year when Westmoreland won this game........ Won't be surprised this year with Cheatham graduating their players, and their current PLAYERS injured. I see westmoreland winning this game. Tougher place to play though.,.,.

Sycamore @ Harpeth - a little rivalry game here. Should be a scrappy game, have not seen Harpeth play any or sycamore...... I going to give harpeth the nod since they are at home, but could be a toss-up...

WH-Heritage @ White House - Could be a preview of district championship game....Will be interesting to see what happens. My gut tells me White House going to shoot well, and pressure the Patriots like they haven't been pressured all year and Beat the patriots by double digits........Seems the patriots have kept games low scoring (except for their cupcake games) thus far this year though so might be close......

I'll probably go to the White House game since all other sumner county games are away , except for station camp and portland - who would want to watch that......

Won't speak on friday games until I see the box scores of Tuesday night !!

Good luck to all !!

It was ugly . I will go on record sycamore or heritage team to beat . Devils have a long way to go . Still not Christmas yet . A lot can change . Fir game tonight it basically came down to devils missing layups and not stopping layups . Have to give them credit they play a boring brand of basketball but they are good at it and do anything to win . Devils still have that losing mentality to break .everybody thought this was the year . Just one game

Devils didn't show much heart tonight.  Elliot played well glad to see him playing now.  #14 for heritage is a very good ball player.  Heritage executed their game plan to a T.  They looked very good.  If everyone will do me a favor and please ignore ut49er posts so i don't have to see is ignorance anymore it'd be greatly appreciated.  For some reason he must feel we think our district is better which is not the case.  Obviously his district is better and i guess we all need to win something in life and his win is that his high school kids basketball district is better. So congrats ut49er on ur win in life.  Please go post in your districts forum.  Onto other things... White House will pull it together.  Been very inconsistent.  Its still early.  

Devils didn't show much heart tonight.  Elliot played well glad to see him playing now.  #14 for heritage is a very good ball player.  Heritage executed their game plan to a T.  They looked very good.  If everyone will do me a favor and please ignore ut49er posts so i don't have to see is ignorance anymore it'd be greatly appreciated.  For some reason he must feel we think our district is better which is not the case.  Obviously his district is better and i guess we all need to win something in life and his win is that his high school kids basketball district is better. So congrats ut49er on ur win in life.  Please go post in your districts forum.  Onto other things... White House will pull it together.  Been very inconsistent.  Its still early.  

My son is still in elementary school.  I'm just a basketball fan, and I know the 9AA is very weak this year.  All I've said from the beginning is that 9AA is just competing for the District, and no team can win any region games this year.

They got thumped at home.

Thumped yes, but they didnt blow them out. I think as long as the Oskin kid keeps his head screwed on right they will be the District Champs this year. Its a big difference when he is on the bench its very apparent they are a good team overall however you can see a huge change when he gets in foul trouble or in resting on the bench.

Fridays slate :

Heritage vs Westmoreland

Sycamore vs Whitehouse

Greenbrier vs Harpeth

Nobody is talking about the 24 pt win Harpeth had over Sycamore.  Surprising...I missed that one. bad. Harpeth has a new Coach...so maybe his system is finally kicking in with the boys. idk

that makes the Greenbrier/ Harpeth game very much a tell tell game of who will have a chance to be a power this yr.

I saw Greenbrier play a Monday night game vs Montgomery Central this week, they ARE pretty good have some height/rebounders  and some shooters....very well might be a contender.

Sycamore/ White House game will now give a us a feel of how the district might shape up...or down....somebody is going 0-2 after that one. my gut says Sycamore. WH will bounce back.

Heritage/ Westmoreland....both have played Portland at Portland, Westmoreland won 56-45 so 11 points. Heritage won 60-30. 30 points.  going by that standard I would say Heritage gets the win tonight.

Cheatham plays Brentwood tonight... could be ugly.

This is the last District game of the year for Heritage. looks like everyone else will play 3 district games before Christmas.

Who ya got?