Is Knoxville Catholic the best team in the State? (All Classifications)

Spartan4Life

Is Knox Catholic the best this year? They seem to be rolling and have lots of talent. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks?

Teams I also would put in this discussion are.

Brentwood Academy (DII-AA)

Oakland (6A)

Baylor (DII-AA)

Independence (5A)

Maryville (6A)

Thoughts?

Edited by Spartan4Life

I think 6A Maryville would pound Catholic and i also think Catholic would lose to 5A Oak Ridge,3A Alcoa and Baylor along with McCallie and Brentwood Academy

Of all the teams you mentioned Catholic scrimmaged Oakland which was literally an even score with the one's playing each other (Amari Rodgers didn't play in the scrimmage just the one on one drills). They did go McCallie in August and Catholic, at one point, had a 21 point lead on the Blue Tornadoes. When the Irish's starters were pulled at the beginning of the 3rd quarter for the JV team McCallie came back and won. But a scrimmage is just that, a scrimmage, with teams keeping it simple. Not sure how they would look in a real game or with those others team but keep in mind the only people on coachT calling them the best in the state is people not affiliated with the program or fans of other schools. Catholic's focus is one game at a time and their game at Fulton not being the "best overall team in the state". Since none of those teams play Catholic and for that matter they don't even play each other (Maryville playing Alcoa is the exception) so it's hard to gauge. It would be some very interesting match-ups. But it's all opinion and individual perciption at this point. Edited by QSouth89

I think 6A Maryville would pound Catholic and i also think Catholic would lose to 5A Oak Ridge,3A Alcoa and Baylor along with McCallie and Brentwood Academy

Catholic would pound Oakridge this year. If Anderson co put up 34 pts and was in the game with you then Catholic would hang 70 on you. AC is not that good this year

Probably should add Vandy to the discussion. And after Saturday night, I'm fairly certain the Catholic line could get a push against Tennessee.

In all seriousness, I feel Oakland, Maryville, and BA would be the ones to look at for a team that can beat them. Those are the teams I would guess can hang with them in the trenches. BA and Oakland probably could roll out the high level athletes to match up as well.

Probably should add Vandy to the discussion. And after Saturday night, I'm fairly certain the Catholic line could get a push against Tennessee.

In all seriousness, I feel Oakland, Maryville, and BA would be the ones to look at for a team that can beat them. Those are the teams I would guess can hang with them in the trenches. BA and Oakland probably could roll out the high level athletes to match up as well.

Alcoa would roll Oakland.......

Of all the teams you mentioned Catholic scrimmaged Oakland which was literally an even score with the one's playing each other (Amari Rodgers didn't play in the scrimmage just the one on one drills). They did go McCallie in August and Catholic, at one point, had a 21 point lead on the Blue Tornadoes. When the Irish's starters were pulled at the beginning of the 3rd quarter for the JV team McCallie came back and won. But a scrimmage is just that, a scrimmage, with teams keeping it simple. Not sure how they would look in a real game or with those others team but keep in mind the only people on coachT calling them the best in the state is people not affiliated with the program or fans of other schools. Catholic's focus is one game at a time and their game at Fulton not being the "best overall team in the state". Since none of those teams play Catholic and for that matter they don't even play each other (Maryville playing Alcoa is the exception) so it's hard to gauge. It would be some very interesting match-ups. But it's all opinion and individual perciption at this point.

Oak Ridge not Oakland.......Just Sayin ;)

Edited by OakRidgeWildcat

Oak Ridge not Oakland.......Just Sayin ;)

Catholic scrimmaged Oakland and played Oak Ridge in a 7 on 7,( but that's nothing more then a glorified game of touch football). Having seen both Oakland by far is the better team. Tee Higgins by far is the best player in this state. Not sure what your point is. The Irish are too heavy with Seniors and Juniors who have started or played in a lot of games since they were freshmen. So far the Irish are off to a good start. Like every team in the state they are trying to compete for a state title. People are getting so bent out of shape over someone else's opinion. Amazing how much a person's ego comes into play. Edited by QSouth89