Undefeated Columbia Academy travels to face Undefeated Summertown

dawgswin

Columbia Academy gets the win. Summertown will make a good showing, home field advantage and crowd helps keep it a game; but Bulldogs have too good a front line on both sides of the ball to lose this one.

CA maybe by 14.

Congrats to CA on the W.... Called this one by 5 points. Summertown had my "Respect" *before* this game. It was a great game to watch. Enjoyed it.:thumb:

Side note: Fayetteville better have their game on to knock these 2 teams out of the Region top spot. 1st thru 3rd are very close to one another. Summertown has a better defense than I first thought. CA'S dogpound of able backs keeping fresh legs in the game was just, in the long run, too much for the Eagles to stave off for 4 qtrs. CA pounded it on the ground pretty much for 4 qtrs.

Congrats to CA on the W.... Called this one by 5 points. Summertown had my "Respect" *before* this game. It was a great game to watch. Enjoyed it.:thumb:

Side note: Fayetteville better have their game on to knock these 2 teams out of the Region top spot. 1st thru 3rd are very close to one another. Summertown has a better defense than I first thought. CA'S dogpound of able backs keeping fresh legs in the game was just, in the long run, too much for the Eagles to stave off for 4 qtrs. CA pounded it on the ground pretty much for 4 qtrs.

There were lots of penalties that held CA back from scoring a lot more tonight. Stupid penalties. That kick off return TD should've never been called back though. I'm sure coach L will go hard on them this week making sure there aren't stupid penalties in this coming game.

We're getting better each week but still have a lot to work on though. We're going into our tougher games in our region. And there is several tough teams in the east like coalfield,Harriman,Oneida is getting better each week and then there is SOUTH PITT and ca. I'm sure there some more but good luck to everyone the rest of the season.

Shouldn't be a game...CA lost in the semi-finals last year, and has a shot at the Big Dance this year again. They beat Summertown 62-0 last year so doubt Summertown is 62 points better than they were last year and CA is as good or even better this year...No Contest Tonight. (By the way, Columbia Academy has never lost a region game under Coach Lansdell and I don't see them loosing one this year either.) They will beat Summertown by whatever score they choose and then next week they will win another region championship by defeating Fayetteville by double digits.

It's fair to say the Summertown is ALOT better. Better hope there isn't a 2nd game in the playoffs.

Summertown is better than you thought and possibly CA not as good as you thought?

CA is just as good as I thought. They just played a horrible 1st half. Mainly the line. They weren't holding blocks like they know how so they were able to get through and stop the play easily. They fixed that in the second half, and Stown couldn't do anything to stop the run.