14A

HoopsTN1

Definitely wasn't taking anything away from Humbolt. I think a lot of those fouls were actually warranted. Stewart is just so frickin big. He makes those guys look tiny!!!! So they grab and pull because they had no choice.

Humbolt is a solid team. I guess I'm just trying to digest watching one kid almost beat Humbolt by himself. Stewart is the REAL DEAL

Definitely wasn't taking anything away from Humbolt. I think a lot of those fouls were actually warranted. Stewart is just so frickin big. He makes those guys look tiny!!!! So they grab and pull because they had no choice.

Humbolt is a solid team. I guess I'm just trying to digest watching one kid almost beat Humbolt by himself. Stewart is the REAL DEAL

Like I said, " Parker is a great player but I guess you didn't see all the push offs against smaller guards, 18 points from free throw line & Humboldt starting five had four (4) fouls not complaining because I'll take the win! It's hard to beat a team three (3) times & I'm sure they will play again! Congrats Viking!!

Just left the game as well. Can't have weak officials in big games like that! Congrats to both teams because they battled. Stewart kid can play, but so can Kortland Martin!

The officials were terrible, Humboldt players get beat down low, multiple flops for charges & you can't touch Parker! The entire starting five (5) of Humboldt had four (4) fouls & Walker sat most of game, just call a fair game, Parker shot eighteen (18) free throws to get his 30 but I'll take the win none the less! Hopefully, we can get some good refs for regionals!!

Yes....like I have said before...Parker would be and is the best player in the district. We have others. Humboldt....lucky tonight. You Humboldt fans can cry all you want but when you step on the floor each game, fouls and calls aren't always going to go your way. There is no kid on the Humboldt bench can go step to step with Parker....not even 2 at the same time. Humboldt is well coached and play well together. The calls may not have gone-your way the entire game but they did at the end and it counted. 2 or 3 times, Humboldt kids tried to swing and throw a jab. The kid that was given a T at the end of the game should have to sit a game. I just hope we play one more time. Parker still drills teams like the number 1 Humboldt team forv30 plus with 2 and 3 kids hanging all over him. He should win Mr. Basketball but politics may keep that from happening. We want Humboldt one more game and win when it will really hurt. Hope we meeting down the road another game or even 2, will be well worth the price of admission.

Edited by ucdiditagain

Yes....like I have said before...Parker would be and is the best player in the district. We have others. Humboldt....lucky tonight. You Humboldt fans can cry all you want but when you step on the floor each game, fouls and calls aren't always going to go your way. There is no kid on the Humboldt bench can go step to step with Parker....not even 2 at the same time. Humboldt is well coached and play well together. The calls may not have gone-your way the entire game but they did at the end and it counted. 2 or 3 times, Humboldt kids tried to swing and throw a jab. The kid that was given a T at the end of the game should have to sit a game. I just hope we play one more time. Parker still drills teams like the number 1 Humboldt team forv30 plus with 2 and 3 kids hanging all over him. He should win Mr. Basketball but politics may keep that from happening. We want Humboldt one more game and win when it will really hurt. Hope we meeting down the road another game or even 2, will be well worth the price of admission.

Lol, so great & three (3) loses to the Viking!

Just left the game as well. Can't have weak officials in big games like that! Congrats to both teams because they battled. Stewart kid can play, but so can Kortland Martin!

I agree.. the crew they had out there was not a championship level crew. The one ref who Coach Sisco was going off on during the timeouts has a clue and was taking the cussings for the entire crew, but the others have been bad all season as well as tonight. I don't think the call at the end where Parker slipped and fell was a foul, but there was a lot of terrible calls throughout the game. Humboldt did deserve to win, but Parker's performance tonight was pretty impressive.

Parker got high praise over the weekend from Penny Hardaway. Penny is quoted in the paper saying that Parker is hands down the best player in Class A and could easily be Mr. Basketball for class AA or AAA. He said his criteria for Mr. Basketball is someone who is clearly better than anyone else. The fact that Parker is double and sometimes triple teamed the whole game in class A is a sign of the other team saying this kid is better than us. Very interesting point from an NBA great!!!!!!!

Lucky, Ok If you say so but I'll take the third win over UC & They probably will play again!

Humboldt is use to calls not going their way! Walker played less then half the game & Martin stepped up as point guard, Humboldt will be ready for regionals! Parker can get 30 plus as long as he gets a lose & half of those points were from the free throw line, Humboldt starting five & two bench players had four (4) fouls but our players stayed composed & got win! Also, cry we just want the game to be called fair, if we lose then we lose that was UC best chance to get a win!!

I've not said much on this all season. 87vikingalumni, your team is good but when you start crying about fouls and calls not going your way, you need to back up and understand it ain't going to go your way every game. I'm sure your the first one who stands, yells and refs from the stands every trip down the court. Our kids last night matched intensity kid for kid. We had kids in foul trouble also. Remember, Parker was the first player from Union City to receive the first foul. I'f you were a stud player like he is, as well as anyone of your players for Humboldt, you would eventually get tired of being double and triple teamed every game out...still managing to average 30 plus a game. That goes along with being a strong D 1 recruit and Mr. Basketball finalist. Free throws, that shows a young man schooling others above their level. Getting them to give in on playing in ways they aren't able to play. So, I have respect for the Vikings, they are really good, balanced team, undefeated in Tennessee, just try to act more like a observer of the game, not a 16 year old fan who only feels his team plays mistake free. Hope we play again at Bethel.

Edited by ucdiditagain

I've not said much on this all season. 87vikingalumni, your team is good but when you start crying about fouls and calls not going your way, you need to back up and understand it ain't going to go your way every game. I'm sure your the first one who stands, yells and refs from the stands every trip down the court. Our kids last night matched intensity kid for kid. We had kids in foul trouble also. Remember, Parker was the first player from Union City to receive the first foul. I'f you were a stud player like he is, as well as anyone of your players for Humboldt, you would eventually get tired of being double and triple teamed every game out...still managing to average 30 plus a game. That goes along with being a strong D 1 recruit and Mr. Basketball finalist. Free throws, that shows a young man schooling others above their level. Getting them to give in on playing in ways they aren't able to play. So, I have respect for the Vikings, they are really good, balanced team, undefeated in Tennessee, just try to act more like a observer of the game, not a 16 year old fan who only feels his team plays mistake free. Hope we play again at Bethel.

First of all, not crying about fouls just want fouls called both ways, UC 26-32 & Parker shot 18 of them! I, most diffinitely no everything is not going to go our way and for your comment acting like a 16 year old fan I will not respond! It's funny how now you post but haven't all season & I hope we do play again, Good luck to UC!!!!!