Alcoa steps up to regular season competition year in/ year out more than

32hammer

So Alcoa plays the best 6A team  ( year in and year out) every regular season. Alcoa holds the only regular season wins against Maryville since 2004. Alcoa schedules Private school state champions ( and wins) and 4A state champions and wins. Schedules other local 6A teams.

All of this while being a 2A school that bumps up to 3A. Can any other school make a legitimate , Objective, argument that their school steps up to higher levels to compete every year over the past 2 decades?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Alcoa will go into 4A next year because one of the two county teams don't plan on playing them anymore and I'm hearing rumblings that two of their district teams are really considering taking forfeits next year so by doing that it will assure Alcoa of only eight games, maybe nine using the off week to fill in the void. Just what I've heard at the water cooler guy's so don't kill the messenger. I also see Catholic going 5A if they stay with the public schools. If they did move up what a time to do it with all the good players they have stockpiled