Mt. Juliet @ Wilson Central

My28SweepRight

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's break this down since the last time Wilson Central beat Mt. Juliet (2008).

2009: Wildcats enter the game 0-6 looking for their first win of the season and on MyTV30, get trounced 35-3

2010: Wildcats enter the game 2-5, but fall in a close on 14-6. Back-to-back losses to Mt. Juliet.

2011: Wildcats look to finish the season with a win after a 2-7 stretch before that and drop their season finale 42-6. Now three losses in a row to Mt. Juliet.

2012: What could have been Central's BEST chance since 2008, the Wildcats came in 8-1 with a single loss to Beech (another close game) on their shoulders. MyTV30 game of the week and guess what happens? 38-15 loss in what should have been a much closer game. Wilson Central loses home-field advantage in the playoffs and is shut out by Brentwood the next week in the first round. Four losses in a row to Mt. Juliet.

2013: Wildcats start the season 2-2 and look fairly promising out of the gate, but lose a very close 23-18 match to the Golden Bears. The loss propelled Wilson Central to finish the year on a 4-1 tear, but would be shut out against their first opponent in the playoffs -- this time Oakland -- for the second year in a row. Now five straight losses to Mt. Juliet.

2014: A sore start to the season sees Wilson Central enter the game with a 1-3 record. End result? Wilson Central starts a comeback down 14, but can't finish it off and drops to Mt. Juliet 17-10. Six in a row against the Bears.

2015: Another chance to beat Mt. Juliet, another loss. Wilson Central comes in at 3-2 and leaves 3-3 after dropping another tough one by a score of 30-3. Seven straight losses in a row at the hands of Mt. Juliet.

2016: Wilson Central enters the game with a 5-0 record. They've never met MJ this far down the schedule with an undefeated record intact since WC/MJ stopped playing each other in the first week of the season.

In my opinion, this is WCHS's best chance at really snapping the skid against Mt. Juliet. They had the tools in some of the previous years, but just couldn't get it done for whatever reason.

There's no reason that the Wildcats shouldn't be able to win against the Golden Bears by double-digits, especially when you really dig into the stats both offensively/defensively.

But this is a rival game. You never know what's going to happen between these two teams.

If I were a betting man, though, I'd put my money on a 40-10 win for Wilson Central.

tl;dr - blah blah blah, I see Central winning big, but wouldn't be surprised if anything different happened and MJ gave Central their first loss.

Regardless of what happens, if you can come out to this game you should. It's gonna be a doozy!