Future of Grundy County

allblack

Here in Grundy is this thing called the BIG JOKE...I mean the BIG 8. We run 6 elementary schools (PK-8), two with about 100 students or less in the whole school. The people in the community would have heart attacks if this BIG JOKE is taken away. It's hard for us to compete with other systems because the kids for the most part can't stand one another when they get to the high school. The little league programs are not very good. I'm not sure if any of our little league football teams mad it past the 1st round. In little league baseball it's a Gruetli vs Tracy thing & the BIG JOKE the talent pool is down. It all starts in academics and our kids are just not at an advantage having 6 elementary schools and no middle schools. Technology in schools are horrible and leadership is bad. To answer your statement--Grundy will probably never have a Junior High or Middle School bc change is shyed away from. We have probably the worst football coach in the state. He will probably be back bc it's all political.

I still don't understand how a county doesn't have a Jr High...

Someone help

Here in Grundy is this thing called the BIG JOKE...I mean the BIG 8. We run 6 elementary schools (PK-8), two with about 100 students or less in the whole school. The people in the community would have heart attacks if this BIG JOKE is taken away. It's hard for us to compete with other systems because the kids for the most part can't stand one another when they get to the high school. The little league programs are not very good. I'm not sure if any of our little league football teams mad it past the 1st round. In little league baseball it's a Gruetli vs Tracy thing & the BIG JOKE the talent pool is down. It all starts in academics and our kids are just not at an advantage having 6 elementary schools and no middle schools. Technology in schools are horrible and leadership is bad. To answer your statement--Grundy will probably never have a Junior High or Middle School bc change is shyed away from. We have probably the worst football coach in the state. He will probably be back bc it's all political.

That's nuts about the schools thanks for the info

Edited by DwightKSchrute

Here in Grundy people don't want any better. There is no accountability at all here, we proved that when we let board members vote on their family member for our director of schools. We just let a certain group do whatever and get by with what ever. In a couple of our sports here if we can't beat you we weaken our schedule so we can keep our coaching staffs because they are part of the buddy system. I have heard there's word going around there are going to be some changes coming with coaching and at the AD position but not sure how reliable the source is. Take a look at our top athletic programs this year alone. Our football program was 1 and 9 and both basketball programs are off to a 0 and 4 start. With that being said I hope you can see we're not headed in the right direction for our children. People here are scared to say things because their children are the ones who pay the price for what parents say. It's very much political.

Here in Grundy people don't want any better. There is no accountability at all here, we proved that when we let board members vote on their family member for our director of schools. We just let a certain group do whatever and get by with what ever. In a couple of our sports here if we can't beat you we weaken our schedule so we can keep our coaching staffs because they are part of the buddy system. I have heard there's word going around there are going to be some changes coming with coaching and at the AD position but not sure how reliable the source is. Take a look at our top athletic programs this year alone. Our football program was 1 and 9 and both basketball programs are off to a 0 and 4 start. With that being said I hope you can see we're not headed in the right direction for our children. People here are scared to say things because their children are the ones who pay the price for what parents say. It's very much political

I hope you're right!

If you know what many of us GC people know you would've already lost all respect. He's in the buddy system, so he will stay. Kids will leave. That recruiting accusation was a bunch of hogwash. Kids want to leave & are seeking other places. That's sad our leaders in charge accommodate Tate and not our kids. He has scheduled the weakest teams in 1A trying to get wins. This will not help if we even make it to the playoffs. It's a joke here. I pray for our kids they can get a fresh staff.

Grundy not playing South Pittsburg is the dumbest thing I've heard. I lose respect for Coach Tate not playing the valley teams.

I have no dog in this fight, I live in middle Tennessee.  But, this thread always comes to the top in 3A.

Why would you continue to schedule teams that beat you 45-0?  The kids probably have no confidence, and constantly hear it.

This is just an objective question, not taking sides.  Does Grundy has the talent to compete with a South Pitt right now, or is it just tradition?

If you know what many of us GC people know you would've already lost all respect. He's in the buddy system, so he will stay. Kids will leave. That recruiting accusation was a bunch of hogwash. Kids want to leave & are seeking other places. That's sad our leaders in charge accommodate Tate and not our kids. He has scheduled the weakest teams in 1A trying to get wins. This will not help if we even make it to the playoffs. It's a joke here. I pray for our kids they can get a fresh staff.

I think Grundy will makes change.. But hopefully it won't be too late... I agree with Bass, lost a lot of respect for Tate not playing the valley teams!!