Future of Grundy County

allblack

I have no dog in this fight, I live in middle Tennessee. But, this thread always comes to the top in 3A.

Why would you continue to schedule teams that beat you 45-0? The kids probably have no confidence, and constantly hear it.

This is just an objective question, not taking sides. Does Grundy has the talent to compete with a South Pitt right now, or is it just tradition?

They're not getting beat 45-0 because of a plethora of superior athletes..... The talent disparity hasn't ever been that bad. Definitely not now that the group of kids are Juniors, as this group pretty much thumped all the same kids in Middle school.

We're a 3-a school 30 minutes from them.

It's just inconsistent , undisciplined, and lack of being prepared play all 3 facets of the game. On a week in week out basis. This team is talented enough to keep from being mercy ruled by anyone in the valley. They're just beat before they step out on the field most of the time...

It's a fact that all your athletes come from the south end of the county..they're the only ones keepin the county from getting rid of all sport programs and the kids have to travel further..save a few times Swiss is relevant Tracy and monteagle have dominated in boys and girls basketball..most of the football players come from Tracy and monteagle and Pelham. I have thought it thoroughly the worst thing this county could do is open another high school so they can destroy it just like the new high school.. The best thing that could be done is monteagle and Tracy come together and open their own city school charge kids that don't live in the city limits 1,200 a year in tuition to attend the school. With the right city officials that school would really explode with talent and smarter students..do your research the south end of the county has always been the one to bail out the north end cause they have nothin out there.

This kind of attitude is whats wrong with Grundy.. Obviously you are a coach of some capacity. prolly used to be jacketbacker

The whole mindset of grundy county is going to have to change in order for it to get better. Until that happens it's just a waste of time here and nothing is gonna get better. It's in the worse shape I have ever seen it. I'm not really sure the people here want it to get better. It's a place where they always like some kind of drama stirred up and it isn't happy until it's that way. Very sad that the children here have to be in this situation.

I have no dog in this fight, I live in middle Tennessee. But, this thread always comes to the top in 3A.

Why would you continue to schedule teams that beat you 45-0? The kids probably have no confidence, and constantly hear it.

This is just an objective question, not taking sides. Does Grundy has the talent to compete with a South Pitt right now, or is it just tradition?

These people all have personal issues with staff, its the same people bashing over and over. Your view point is one of common sense. Jasper refused to play Grundy in any sport when they committed the violations. What they did was wrong, but they feel Grundy should not say a word about them breaking rules. Grundy refuses to play a Marion team until Jasper decides to play. I only know of one kid who left and from what im told he regrets it. The large group of the kids are going to be juniors, they were sophs last year. Contrary to the haters opinions, it would have been very tough to keep marion, SP, and sequatchie from the mercy rule. One sided, grudge holding haters. If you feel that strong about it go down and tell the coach to his face.

These people all have personal issues with staff, its the same people bashing over and over. Your view point is one of common sense. Jasper refused to play Grundy in any sport when they committed the violations. What they did was wrong, but they feel Grundy should not say a word about them breaking rules. Grundy refuses to play a Marion team until Jasper decides to play. I only know of one kid who left and from what im told he regrets it. The large group of the kids are going to be juniors, they were sophs last year. Contrary to the haters opinions, it would have been very tough to keep marion, SP, and sequatchie from the mercy rule. One sided, grudge holding haters. If you feel that strong about it go down and tell the coach to his face.

Lol, thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. You think anyine believes this?

Oh believe me, I've left everything personal out of this.  If we want to get personal I can go into the 99% of things, I've decide to leave out, while I continue pointing out things I've already personally said to his face, IE:  Lack of preparation of special teams, lack of focus on ball security and lack of focus on tackling, that intentionally running off the older kids,aka Start the Youth Movement (Like was the plan after the Moore Spring Scrimmage) will not benefit us in the long run.

Infact, I'll be happy to point out, that I wouldn't be here, if a group of seniors (with a few underclassmen) didn't ask me why the Head Coach kept telling them I wanted them to lose. That they didn't know what to do as they felt like he had truly ruined their chance at having a good experience in High School football.  More importantly that, he really thought my disdain for him, would somehow overshadow the fact that as a human being, I want everyone in our high school to be far more successful then I could have ever dreamed of being.   Contrary to your parochial state of mind that couldn't be furthest from the truth.

His point of view is one of "ignorance" as he is an outsider outside the valley.    He hasn't sat down and seen one single game.   

You can continue to classify me as a hater, I really don't care about the opinion of a man who doesn't have the courage to admit who he is online but has the audacity to tell people they should go talk to the Head Coaches face.

Infact, I'll stand my ground,  in my opinion as everyone who has played us, from the valley,  and everyone who has seen us play, has reiterated many of the same things I've already said on here.   Its not just the Grundy people saying it now, everyone else see's it too.  

Are they just "haters" as well ??? 

To be frank Coach, its time to take a long look in the mirror as to why these things aren't going your way, and why your friend is truly so far in over his head its embarrassing.     

My phone number hasn't changed, I'll be happy to take a call from any of you..  You might not get a word in edge wise, but I'll be happy to pick up the phone... 

I'm glad TruthPrevails told me about this. Dude you must be smoking what you're growing out on the mountain. Actually Grundy refused to schedule us in football next year (just like SP) so we aren't going to play you in any sport from what I've been told. Kinda sux in a way because it's guaranteed wins. I'm thinking GrundyPlayer has you figured out. Just a little FYI for you as well. I work with a dad of one of the players and Grundy is going to lose some more players. TRUST ME! This dad is tired of his sons talent being wasted and he says there are others that feel the same. It's sad for the kids because there are good players there but no one to get it out of them.

Edited by PurplePower68