Future of Grundy County

allblack

Change is coming to the grundy football program from what I have heard and gather from our community and that's what we want. I also hear a meeting is scheduled about athletics soon and coach has sent out text invitations saying it's about junior jacket program hoping he gets a turnout making it look like everyone is there for him. It's bad when other people in other counties tell you they have never seen grundy football in this bad of shape. It's down right embarrassing to our community and our kids. The whole truth about the marion recruiting story hasn't surfaced yet there still a lot of covering up and lies that has been told by people in high places. Just curious to see what all stories or rumors ends up being true.

I not sure the truth of the scheduling thing but I do know that they crucified Bryant when he tried dropping Marion and SP. I personally think Tate has got several people brained washed. He brates his players and some assistants behind closed doors and is very unprofessional. He would throw everyone off the ship before him. Grundyplayer made the smartest decision he's ever made by getting off that staff. I just hate seeing the other young assistant making a stupid decision and putting all his faith in Tate. If or when a change is made the first call the new coach makes needs to be to Grundyplayer. We need young coaches who love Grundy involved.

Edited by BrownBag

The whole truth about the marion recruiting story hasn't surfaced yet there still a lot of covering up and lies that has been told by people in high places. Just curious to see what all stories or rumors ends up being true.

oh give me a break.....lol. yeah, Grundy is a real hotbed for recruiting, let me tell you. I would like to hear the rumors as well and what the supposed coverup is.

oh give me a break.....lol. yeah, Grundy is a real hotbed for recruiting, let me tell you. I would like to hear the rumors as well and what the supposed coverup is.

From what I have been told is it was all a set up from the grundy side of things from the get go by people in high places. This was done to help them keep from playing those schools. You think about this how many schools that's been to the state championship game three years in a row now would be interested in a player off a team that's two and eighteen in the last twenty games. You starting to get the picture?

Edited by Ibleedpurple97

I have no dog in this fight, I live in middle Tennessee.  But, this thread always comes to the top in 3A.

Why would you continue to schedule teams that beat you 45-0?  The kids probably have no confidence, and constantly hear it.

This is just an objective question, not taking sides.  Does Grundy has the talent to compete with a South Pitt right now, or is it just tradition?

No they do not have the talent to play South Pitt.

I've said that all along it was a set up from the top. The player in the recruiting thing is a great player, but obviously Marion has these players as well....3 years in a row to the state championship team. I do not have kids, but a family member that has played under Tate. Many unprofessional things have gone on that Tate tells the kids not to tell or there will be repercussions. Most of these kids want to win. Most of these kids parents with any sense should seek out other schools. Look how successful schools 30 minutes from us are. 2 teams seasons just ended and 1 still going. These programs have top notch coaches and the fan base is unbelievable. Kids should want to move. I would like to see the truth to come out on us about the recruiting. Tate is a joke and he is the only one thinking he's crap don't stink. These other coaches do not respect him & I'm sure they want him to stay for easy wins. Come on bring us a coach in. I've heard a couple of names thrown out and I'm excited for the kids.

From what I have been told is it was all a set up from the grundy side of things from the get go by people in high places. This was done to help them keep from playing those schools. You think about this how many schools that's been to the state championship game three years in a row now would be interested in a player off a team that's two and eighteen in the last twenty games. You starting to get the picture?

Change is coming to the grundy football program from what I have heard and gather from our community and that's what we want. I also hear a meeting is scheduled about athletics soon and coach has sent out text invitations saying it's about junior jacket program hoping he gets a turnout making it look like everyone is there for him. It's bad when other people in other counties tell you they have never seen grundy football in this bad of shape. It's down right embarrassing to our community and our kids. The whole truth about the marion recruiting story hasn't surfaced yet there still a lot of covering up and lies that has been told by people in high places. Just curious to see what all stories or rumors ends up being true.

Talk to us