Future of Grundy County

allblack

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while , but im fairly certain Lawson played the entirity of his 8th grade year, and was an all conference player....

He's a growing big boy, prehab would benefit him greatly, as I believe most of his injuries are ligament related.

His x rays showed up negative for the knee injury this year. The doc told him he's fine that there's nothing holding him back. He transferred the next day and never used his crutches again. Before that he said he couldn't walk and probably needed surgery. I don't know. I can't tell my source, but the word is that he's miserable in sp. It's easy to stay hurt when you're losing

Here in Grundy is this thing called the BIG JOKE...I mean the BIG 8. We run 6 elementary schools (PK-8), two with about 100 students or less in the whole school. The people in the community would have heart attacks if this BIG JOKE is taken away. It's hard for us to compete with other systems because the kids for the most part can't stand one another when they get to the high school. The little league programs are not very good. I'm not sure if any of our little league football teams mad it past the 1st round. In little league baseball it's a Gruetli vs Tracy thing & the BIG JOKE the talent pool is down. It all starts in academics and our kids are just not at an advantage having 6 elementary schools and no middle schools. Technology in schools are horrible and leadership is bad. To answer your statement--Grundy will probably never have a Junior High or Middle School bc change is shyed away from. We have probably the worst football coach in the state. He will probably be back bc it's all political.

Yes the Big 8 sets us back years in athletics and academics (always has). No where else in the world does it make sense to have 3 schools within 10 miles of each other. But if the BOE tried to consolidate them, folks would burn the county down!

I think that things will get better on the mountain for change sake is not the answer all of the time.  Greg Brewer is coaching and teaching at Grundy now and he will be a big help.  Some time things just take time.  From a logic standpoint the people that picked Casey are in charge and will also make the next hire, those people will magically not get smarter all of a sudden, you find yourself in the same place as now except the kids have to learn another type of offense and defense, basically start from scratch again, what would make you think the people in charge would make a better hire next time, stay the course and let the kids get better and stronger.  What happens in the pros and colleges is as far removed from high school football as it could be.  Be patient, supportive and for goodness sake don't run down your kids coach while you eat supper or watch tv

• 2 weeks later...

They need to give Casey time.  It's no secret the board has an agenda.  If they truly care about the kids, then let him do his job.  

Agree. It is ridiculous the man has had 2 years. This instant gratification culture isn't helping anyone. Everyone deserves 4 years. Bill Walsh went 23-33 in his first 4 years combined with the 49ers. In today's culture he would have been fired. Instead he goes on to win 3 Super Bowls. It is High School Football, give the guy a couple more years and then evaluate. Ridiculous were having a conversation like this. Give the dude some time.

• 1 month later...

Grundy county will do well to have gate money as dropping Marion county and South PITTSBURG will kill their gate and concessions playing weak teams that Grundy fans have never heard of . Your only as good as your competition. T he Bryant boys would never have done this Grundy has always played the SEQUATCHIE VALLEY teams. This could finish football at Grundy